Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To Minnesota Fats

Go down 
+31
christopher
donpepe
Davy Jones
badkitty
gretschoholic
sidelake bob
Dave
FrenchyCat
The_Temp
webelvis
Budgie
Andi
frenchlmp
Pistol Pete
Brett
Tommy Maguire
I'm Not Tommy Either
enjay07
Rickabilly
matt
Bear85
gretschkat57
Setzerado
Hot Rod Girl
Guitarmaniac
Le Hub'
Twenty Flight Rick
steb74
Kid Setzer
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Spanishdavid
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:52 am

Boy, we sure do love a good conspiracy around here, don't we?

Twisted Evil
hrg
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:56 am

enjay07 wrote:

Stories of Budgie, Tommy, Jean Geanie, Minnesota Fats, fake accounts, what's the world coming to?? Next I suppose someone's going to tell me I can spend one-on-one time with Brian himself if I take out a 2nd mortgage on the house!!! Ha ha...ooooo....wait.....

Twisted Evil

Too funny! I almost spewed coffee all over the silly computer.

cheers
hrg
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:00 am

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
HRG - that is funny and harsh! An excellent attempt at bringing Budgie out of retirement. Lord Blackshadow's post is even funnier if you read it out loud. Back to the topic: an implausible story from the beginning; a thread designed to stir the pot in a big way centered on a controversial topic: racism. There is a history of hoaxes here. The Tommy comment was the mistake that confirmed what I had suspected from the start.

My question is why?

Can't blame a gal for trying! Razz

My guess as to why--boredom. Complete and udder loss of interest in his/her life. Boredom along with a twinge of twisted gotta keep things interesting by creating drama in other people's lives. Funny thing is, most people around here are smart enough to spot a fake a mile away...

Need more coffee,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:00 am

Rickabilly wrote:
That's just great. Now I suppose you're going to tell me there ain't no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or KelleyM, either.

Mythologicabilly

Was KellyM a fake too?
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 am

I can't believe it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Very wise, you David!!
I think Minn Fats is Tommy, he couldn't resist the temptation but he doesn't dare to show up anymore as "Tommy M" -

I've heard he is trying to write about about Brian and himself... is there any truth in it???
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:23 pm

Was KellyM a fake too?

That´s bull
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
That's just great. Now I suppose you're going to tell me there ain't no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, or KelleyM, either.

Mythologicabilly

Was KellyM a fake too?

What do you mean? Are you insinuating that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny aren't real?

La La La I Can't Hear You-billy
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Very wise, you David!!
I think Minn Fats is Tommy, he couldn't resist the temptation but he doesn't dare to show up anymore as "Tommy M" -

I've heard he is trying to write about about Brian and himself... is there any truth in it???

As if anyone but you would write a book about about Brian. All you would do is post all over the internet about its inaccurate inaccuracies. Twisted Evil

If Tommy wanted to show up on the board, he'd have the support of .......well....everyone BUT you, and would have the balls Basketball to do it under his own registry I'm sure.

There's always the possibility that (gasp) there might be life after Brian. Shocked

I still hope wherever he is & whatever he's doing he has all the happiness in the world. He deserves it. cheers

What was this thread about? I've solidly derailed it....my bad. I'll go beat myself severely.... geek
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Don't be so sure - sometimes it's fun to pretend to be someone else. Maybe you want to pose as a wide-eyed newbie who PMs anybody and everybody in a pathological need to get people's email addresses or some inside gossip - perhaps as reconnaissance for The Brian or his management. Or maybe you just want to play an over-the-top character to get a rise out of people. Or maybe you just want to troll the board without getting a gazillion PMs pumping you for information. Or maybe you just wanna have some fun.

I think there's a little Minnesota Fats in each of us. Wait. That didn't come out right. That's what she said.
Back to top Go down
I'm Not Tommy Either

I'm Not Tommy Either

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Shut up, fool!
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Admission of Guilt.   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 am

OK ,I give up, you guys got me . I just wanted to know what you cats and kittens were saying about me behind my back. Truth is I'm a blonde caucosiodanal heterosexual from Long Guyland and I was researching the receptiveness of my target audience to my next project. I plan on recording an album of Gregorian chants but sung in Yiddish with a traditional Irish flavour wafting atmospherically in the background. Bathroom sounds will played backwards on some tracks while the guitar will be stripped back to just one string. There will be several surprise guests playing various household and garden implements. Expect a release in or around the end of April.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:47 am

Jon Pascal is STILL around?

Hey 'yall. Why I'm bothering to respond to this thread is beyond me, but here I go....

Minnesota Fats was created by a friend of mine. He did it to see if he could gain some insight regarding racism in rockabilly. Apparently he's writing an article or something. He should have just been honest, but he always loved my RealSquardKat character....so there ya have it.

The reason I'm posting is to make it clear that the "reason I was sacked", as it was explained to me by Brian's manager was that my daily updating of their website wasn't neccesary anymore. They'd decided to downplay the site and make it less personal. Fair enough. It had nothing to do with the Music Player. Brian wanted his site to be strickly informational. Again, fair enough. I was representing him while I did that job and would NEVER have wanted to put anything on that site that made him feel uncomfortable. Ever. So there ya go. THAT is the truth and it certainly was B's perogative to do whatever he wanted with that site.

Nice to see Brian's fanbase is still as passionate as ever. It was always a pleasure being in tocuh with (most) of you.

All the best from the other side,
TM
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:52 am

Hi Tommy,

nice to see a sign of you.
Hope you`re doing fine.

all the best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:54 am

Hey Brett!
Missed ya pal. Hope all is well.
Cheers, TM
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:11 am

Hey T!

You know, and I'll speak for Pony65K as well, the one thing we really looked forward to, beside everything else, out of the recent Tour, was possibly meeting YOU!
I really appreciate, as do many others, what you did for us on the site and off.
i don't need to know what happened, I'm only interested in the future for you . You'll do well and I'm sure we'll hear from ya again.
Cheers to ya T, I raise a fine glass of Aussie Shiraz to ya, Pete.

P.S. I personally apologize to ya for the shit people here have put on ya.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:21 am

No need to apologize for anything Pete. Ahhhhhhhh.....a fine glass of Shiraz! I'd love it!

We'll meet up sometime dude. Gotta lotta livin' to do yet!

-TM
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:42 am

Hey T,
I still got ya adress, you still accepting vino???
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:46 am

Awww Pete. That's too kind of you mate, but I couldn't possibly accept such a gift. Hahaha! People would think I was exploiting my connection to my old pal. LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:48 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Awww Pete. That's too kind of you mate, but I couldn't possibly accept such a gift. Hahaha! People would think I was exploiting my connection to my old pal. LOL!!!

So no more kangaroo 'pouches' then? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:51 am

THAT was your decision missy! Hahahaha!! I still have that unusual "sack" and giggle like a school girl whenever I see it!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:58 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:

Ya reckon?!?!? hahaha!! Tonmgues do start wagging around these here parts!! hahaha!!

Nah, I'll see what I can do for ya! Shiraz from the Barossa? Cabernet from McLaren Vale? Merlot from the Coonawarra? Grape pressings and floor sweepings from the back shed?
You decide!!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:00 am

Oh yeah, while I remember....
I miss you giving Kid and Budgie a hard time!!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:04 am

So tell me you wild Aussies! After all of those years of waiting (and the THOUSANDS of emails your countrymen sent me! lol!) were Stray Cats worth waiting for? Did you all have fun?
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:07 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:

Minnesota Fats was created by a friend of mine. He did it to see if he could gain some insight regarding racism in rockabilly. Apparently he's writing an article or something.

OH TOMMY!
We must not allow ourselves to be unknown! 0therwise it is the circus here!

Happy to have served as guinea pig for your friend! But,
the subject of the article that your friend wrote worry.
Why he thinks there is still racism in Rockabilly today?
I thought about this 80 years of dating, with the proximity of punk!

Is there been a recent incident that could make him think that there is still racism associated with this music?

Should have lead you to a concert to show the mix of people attending, and the good-side that reigns!

Do not leave us alone too long now! Loves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Minnesota Fats   To Minnesota Fats - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Minnesota Fats
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next