Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Faron Young Anybody??

Go down 
+4
Twenty Flight Rick
Bear85
Pistol Pete
tvthewiredturtle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Faron Young Anybody?? Empty
PostSubject: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Lookin for old nashville stories, been listening to Lefty Frizell and
found Faron Young.. I freakin love this stuff, oh the neighbors hate
me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:09 pm

I loves ya TV! And ya avatar!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
I loves ya TV! And ya avatar!

cheers Mate, check this out (nice blonde fender behind him)
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Willie Nelson wrote that one, didn't he?

My folks were big into country music of the 60s and 70s (Cash, Statler Bros., Conway Twitty, George Jones, Loreta Lynn, Charley Pride), so I heard a lot of it, but refused to go along with the program. Well, at the time, anyway...

I wouldn't say I've jumped in with both feet, but I'm at least open-minded about it now that I can recognize how country and honky-tonk music led to rockabilly and rock'n' roll. I'm less about "r'n'r vs. everything else" and more about "good music vs. bad music".

The best country songs are just so well written. Folsom Prison Blues, Flowers on the Wall, Hello Walls, Crazy, all the Hank Williams stuff...holy cow, Kristofferson! For the Good Times, Sunday Mornin Comin Down, Me & Bobby McGee.

Sorry, geeked out there a bit. I'm gonna go listen to the Ernest Tubb record I done bought down t' the Goodwill today...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Bear85 wrote:
Willie Nelson wrote that one, didn't he?

My folks were big into country music of the 60s and 70s (Cash, Statler Bros., Conway Twitty, George Jones, Loreta Lynn, Charley Pride), so I heard a lot of it, but refused to go along with the program. Well, at the time, anyway...

I wouldn't say I've jumped in with both feet, but I'm at least open-minded about it now that I can recognize how country and honky-tonk music led to rockabilly and rock'n' roll. I'm less about "r'n'r vs. everything else" and more about "good music vs. bad music".

The best country songs are just so well written. Folsom Prison Blues, Flowers on the Wall, Hello Walls, Crazy, all the Hank Williams stuff...holy cow, Kristofferson! For the Good Times, Sunday Mornin Comin Down, Me & Bobby McGee.

Sorry, geeked out there a bit. I'm gonna go listen to the Ernest Tubb record I done bought down t' the Goodwill today...

any good 'merkun worth his salt needs to be sitchee-ated with
early nashville recording artists. ..although it seems Faron Young
was an international star with Capital????
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:56 pm

Man I grew up a big Statler Bros fan! I remember listening to their first greatest hits comp at my great grandparents' house on 8 track when I was 5. They were my first concert ever. My parents took me when I was 12.
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 pm

Here's Willie, singing a tune he wrote and Faron had a big hit with, to Faron and a handfull of other greats. Brings a tear to this rednecks eye every time.

Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 pm

There is a whole pile of intestinal disgorgement in country music ,especially todays country music. But ,man, is there's some absolutely brilliant stuff too. George Jones, Hank Williams ,Johnny Cash ,Dwight Yoakam. I cant bear Willie Nelsons voice but he sure wrote some beautiful music and the pure golden honey that was Patsy Cline ,to my mind listening to her is Heaven on earth. My brother is an avid country fan, both the old and new stuff but I just cant rate the new( last 20 years or so) stuff. It's so slick ,packaged ,contrived and phoney.
But the old country , just so many classic songs, well written and beautifully sang.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 1:32 pm

My parents have some of his music on 45.
It's in my house now.
cheers
I don't remember any titles....I must say.
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:53 pm

Bear Family put out a single CD,with his ROCKIN" side"s!.

Well worth have a look at,great stuff!.

king
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Itunes guys I-tunes:

• The Complete Capitol Hits of Faron Young
  • 20th Century Masters, The Millenial Collection: the Best of Faron Young
  • The Hits, Faron Young Mercury Records
  • The Best of Faron Young (re-release K-TEL records)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faron Young Anybody??   Faron Young Anybody?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faron Young Anybody??
Page 1 of 1