Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I am worried about Kelley....

Go down 
+13
gretschoholic
Kid Setzer
johnnykool327
badkitty
Twenty Flight Rick
Rickabilly
Spanishdavid
Hot Rod Girl
Scatman
Le Hub'
tvthewiredturtle
ScottS
peeteycat
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:11 am

David,

I get teased from time to time about how long-winded I am. I have teased Kelley in the past for her incessant fawning over Brian, calling her Tiger Beat, both here and to her cyber-face in emails. I mean it as a term of endearment. She has teased me about being too serious. There's some truth on both sides of our mutual ribbing. Here on the board, people have openly speculated with humor about other departed members in the past, including Chad, who laughs right along with us every time we mention that he's dead. (See, the joke is, he used to be on the boards regularly, and then suddently wasn't, so even after he resurfaced, the "we thought you were dead" gag took on a life of its own. You had to be there.)

I am guilty of spending time here that would be better spent in the real world cultivating a real life. But that's me. I have no business projecting my own shortcomings onto Kelley, even if I tried to diffuse the potential misunderstanding of the attempt at humor with a LOL icon.

My issues with her being hyper-social with everyone on the board, PM-ing everyone to find out the details/dirt on everyone (including me) admittedly has me with my guard up lately. The cynic in me is always looking for things that are "too good to be true." But I did not mean to start this cottage industry of Kelley specualtion when I said "The next thing you'll tell me is that Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, and KelleyM aren't real." I could have inserted SpanishDavid, Budgie, or Scatman into the statement. I truly meant nothing by singling her out. But since the torches and pitchforks were already out for Minnesota Fats, people started riffing on the "Is Kelley real" conspiracy, something in which I did not participate on this board until yesterday.

I tried to get us off the topic at first, saying we should get onto another Setzer-related topic. But eventually, the attention-whore in me couldn't resist chiming in.

I received some very kind emails from Kelley. I'm still not convinced she is who she says she is. But that shouldn't matter. Whether she's the genuine article or not, she doesn't deserve the public flogging she has received here. Even if most of it appears to be good-natured, there's no doubt I crossed the line with that last comment.

I hate bullies. Even worse, I hate becoming one.

So Kelley, I sincerely apologize.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:06 am

I´m sure she will appreciate your explanation, cause somehow she´s worried about all what´s been going on lately around her, being or not being real.

I don´t know, she make be "fake/not real", but I haven´t read anything from her that made me think that, and she is worried about the situation, or at least that´s what it seems to me.

But anyway, everyone is entitled to his/her thougths....

Maybe we need a 2nd Setzer Fest so we all meet again at the Blue Comet, and find out who is real, and who is not.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:43 am

First of all, I don't think any apologies are necessary, and the fact that Rick took the time to explain what I consider to be a normal behavioral reaction indicates just how much of a gentleman he really is. I also believe that Rick has articulated what we've all felt at one time or another on this topic. Spanish D - I remember our mutual friend "bitchin", and the response to that behavior was the suggested posting guidelines, which I believe are appropriate. I think the real lesson here is the importance of managing perceptions. Right, wrong, or indifferent, our friends here can only get an idea of the type of person we really are by the content of our posts, and that's all I have to say about that!

Not sure if I'm the real Rick
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:09 pm

Really Rickabilly wrote:
including Chad, who laughs right along with us every time we mention that he's dead. (See, the joke is, he used to be on the boards regularly, and then suddently wasn't, so even after he resurfaced, the "we thought you were dead" gag took on a life of its own.

Chad was dead... but he got better.

I think I'll go for a walk,
Budge
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:32 pm

Budgie wrote:
Really Rickabilly wrote:
including Chad, who laughs right along with us every time we mention that he's dead. (See, the joke is, he used to be on the boards regularly, and then suddently wasn't, so even after he resurfaced, the "we thought you were dead" gag took on a life of its own.

Chad was dead... but he got better.

I think I'll go for a walk,
Budge

Not sure what you mean by better... I found him here:
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:54 pm

This is a good place to visit every now and again. Some one threw a worm into the barrel of apples but nothing bad was meant by anyone ,I think we can all agree. It's a place to discuss our mutual favourite rocknroller plus a little more. Lets move on and hope anybody who stepped out will show up again. I pretty much enjoy all board members posts , no matter how innane ,insane ,profane.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:47 am

Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:37 am

Kelley was here today... But no post from her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:13 am

No worries about Kelley, she's fine - I've been emailing with her today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am worried about Kelley....   I am worried about Kelley.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am worried about Kelley....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2