Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Country artists goin' off the rails

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Country artists goin' off the rails Empty
PostSubject: Country artists goin' off the rails   Country artists goin' off the rails Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:15 pm

The Oak Ridge Boys covering the White Stripes:

Taylor Swift and Def Leppard on Def Lep's "Photograph," and apparently Def Lep are now up for some CMT music awards. WTF?

Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Country artists goin' off the rails   Country artists goin' off the rails Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong....all over the place....WRONG!

I'm sure every homosapien of the male gender will say, "What's the problem?" but Taylor Swift performing with Def Leppard? Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It's totally feasible I'm old enough to be Taylor Swift's mother. And I think the young woman has an amazing voice, and a potentially brilliant future.

I also remember Jr/Sr high dances with Def Leppard songs "blaring" from the DJ sound system speakers.

So if I use my Budgie math, I think it's FEASIBLE that some members of Def Leppard are old enough to be Taylor Swift's grandpa. EWWWWW!!!!!

Does anyone else think it's just gross to imagine being on stage grinding your hips & doing the "hair flip" to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" with your grandpa & his friends???

If you watch the video close enough, I swear every member of Def Leppard performed with their legs crossed. I think they were feeling the "creep-out" factor as well. Taylor was shaking it....and they were all thinking "statuatory rape."

Do you think when her manager presented this "Crossroads" idea to Taylor Swift she may have responded with "Deaf who? Am I going to have to sign?"

And I love Taylor Swift's voice...but she does not have the hard-core, gritty, been-there-done-that, gruff, coarse, down-n-dirty, rock-n-roll voice to match up with Def Leppard. Ann & Nancy Wilson, maybe? Linda Ronstadt, maybe? Definitely Stevie Nicks.

This edition of "Crossroads" should have been called "Intergenerational Sing-A-Long."

Andi....that D.L./T.S. video just creeped me out!! I'm going to have nightmares all night long.
Wrong..just plain wrong, I tell you! silent Question What a Face

p.s. Must find the Def Leppard on the iPod tomorrow for a good listen! Yeah!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Country artists goin' off the rails   Country artists goin' off the rails Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:10 pm

enjay, I hadn't thought about it from that standpoint but I see where you're coming from! I did think her voice was totally wrong for the song (hell, Joe Elliot himself can't do it quite enough justice anymore) and I also thought what the hell does this have to do with country music in order for them to be up for some sort of award - why didn't they try to do something creative with it, rather than just doing a direct cover of the original? What was the point was in the first place??

The Oak Ridge Boys one I thought was kinda interesting, though I much prefer the original. Hard to think of the "Elvira" boys singin' Jack White.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Country artists goin' off the rails   Country artists goin' off the rails Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Country artists goin' off the rails
Page 1 of 1