Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big whoops!

Go down 
+3
enjay07
matt
Kid Setzer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:43 pm

So, a couple of hours ago I put some water on to boil on the stove in my awesome high quality pot with the glass lid on.. thing is, I forgot all about it and the water kept boiling and boiling away till it was nothing.. then I could smell burning which alerted me to the fact that I had put the water on to boil and forgotten about it.. I forgot about it because I am currently in serious assignment writing mode and once I get on a roll I don't stop.. Anyway, the bottom of my awesome high quality very expensive pot has now turned a copper colour.. I have taken a photo for your viewing pleasure:

Big whoops! DSC02369

The pot on the left is the pot in question, the pot on the right is to show you what colour it is meant to be. The copper discolouration has effected the bottom of the pot and up the sides a little.. Is there some special product I can use to get this discolouration off or is it permanent?.. I purchased these pots 6 months ago and are still under warranty - should I try to get a replacement pot by bending the truth a little? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
matt

matt

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
So, a couple of hours ago I put some water on to boil on the stove in my awesome high quality pot with the glass lid on.. thing is, I forgot all about it and the water kept boiling and boiling away till it was nothing.. then I could smell burning which alerted me to the fact that I had put the water on to boil and forgotten about it.. I forgot about it because I am currently in serious assignment writing mode and once I get on a roll I don't stop.. Anyway, the bottom of my awesome high quality very expensive pot has now turned a copper colour.. I have taken a photo for your viewing pleasure:

Big whoops! DSC02369

The pot on the left is the pot in question, the pot on the right is to show you what colour it is meant to be. The copper discolouration has effected the bottom of the pot and up the sides a little.. Is there some special product I can use to get this discolouration off or is it permanent?.. I purchased these pots 6 months ago and are still under warranty - should I try to get a replacement pot by bending the truth a little? Wink

Owuch........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
enjay07

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:56 pm

I don't know if they ship the product to Aussie-land, but in America there is this wonderful cleaning product for stainless steel called "Barkeepers Friend." It's a powdered cleaning product (like Comet? Do they have Comet there?). Or else another good one is called Zud. Another powdered product.

Quite frankly I'd be tempted to try steel wool. But I'm not really known as the best cook in the world, so my motto is: As long as it still works, use it. It might look ugly from the outside, but as long as it's functional.....it's useable.

Might try looking up a website called "Heloise" or "Hints from Heloise" or something like that. She's a real guru when it comes to cleaning/stain removal/etc.

Good luck!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:59 pm

I'd leave it Kid. It won't affect the cooking because you only had water in there and nothing baked on. The discolouration is from the high heat. Looks kinda broken in, I like it.
Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:39 pm

I think that is what wouid happen eventually anyway , the discoloration ,that is.
If you try to bend the truth a little ,they may bend your dignity a little ,while your being forceably ejected from the premises.
My wifes pots are similiar ,after a while they all go like that.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Didn't know you could actually burn water Razz Wink

Pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:27 pm

pony65k wrote:
Didn't know you could actually burn water Razz Wink

Pony

I didn't burn the water, I burnt the pot Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:27 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
I burnt the pot Razz

....weeeel, as long as you didn't smoke it.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Sponsored content

Big whoops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big whoops!   Big whoops! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big whoops!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum