Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cats´s Farewell

Go down 
+2
Aristocat
Spanishdavid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Cats´s Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Cats´s Farewell   Cats´s Farewell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 1:10 pm

it´s 10:10 pm here in Spain. The Cats are about to start their Farewell Tour.

Can anyone please explain to me, with some logics, the need of a "Farewell Tour"?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Aristocat

Aristocat

Cats´s Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats´s Farewell   Cats´s Farewell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:

Can anyone please explain to me, with some logics, the need of a "Farewell Tour"?

Thanks.

So, David, how was the show ?

cat
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Cats´s Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats´s Farewell   Cats´s Farewell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:19 pm

M-O-N-E-Y

But seriously, it may not have been the primary reason, but it is certainly a logical and shrewd financial move to roll out a "farewell" tour. The 2004 Stray Cats tour of Europe only sold out a few of the dates in advance, possibly because more casual fans may have thought it was the beginning of a reunited Stray Cats, and that if they didn't catch them then, they could just wait a few years until they turn up again. This time, a "farewell" tour will bring in both the die-hard and casual fans who believe this will be their last chance to see them.

I do think once they tour Europe, Australia, and possibly move on to Japan and the US, they will feel the need to call it a day. Of course, it could rejuvenate them and renew their interest in a recording project, but I doubt it.

I recently watched John Lennon's last televised interview and he made the point several times that he loved being able to work with different musicians on every album, and not be tied down to the same collaborators on every album the way he was with the Beatles. Did John record an album that achieved anything as remotely successful as his days with the Beatles? No. Was he happier recording on his own? Undoubtedly. I think that creative freedom is something Brian and Lee value as well. For years, it seemed they almost had a chip on their shoulder about Stray Cats. They were moving on, only to be asked repeatedly about when the Stray Cats were getting back together. Brian may have had a more commercially successful solo career, but I think Lee has put out some mighty fine albums as well, and should be proud of his creative efforts. Ultimately, I think they will enjoy this nostalgia trip, but will be more satisfied working on their own projects. To quote Rick Nelson: "If memories were all I sang, I'd rather drive a truck."

Brian and Lee also have families. Lee's fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time with his family in the OC, playing a lot of area gigs in addition to his touring. With Brian now living in Minneapolis, it has to be difficult to be so far away from his daughters. The demands of touring and recording with two or three bands (Nashvillains, BSO, Stray Cats) only add to that difficulty. On that ill-fated Q&A from earlier this year, Brian quoted Harry Chapin's "Cats In the Cradle." The logical conclusion to be drawn is that Brian has a desire to spend more time with his family. So while we fans love to be selfish and ask "why, why, why?", I think Brian, Lee, and Jim have earned the right to write their own ending. "You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself."

Of course, this is a fan forum. "Fan," derived from the word "fanatic," pretty much implies that logic and objectivity have no place in our points of view regarding our favorite artists, so...

Carry on.

So David, how was the show?

Un-reason-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

Cats´s Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats´s Farewell   Cats´s Farewell Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:57 am

I want feedback from the show as well damnit! That set list looked pretty good! 7 Nights as the second song! I hope they bring this show to the US. I've only seen the Cats once live and that was last summer's package tour with the Pretenders, etc.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Cats´s Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats´s Farewell   Cats´s Farewell Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:00 am

Cats in Bilbao last night. THere are more videos in there if you search for them.

Well Rickabilly, in a few years we should have a "Reunion Tour" then, I guess....
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

Cats´s Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats´s Farewell   Cats´s Farewell Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:09 am

With 12 sold gigs on 22, this might happen soon...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Cats´s Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats´s Farewell   Cats´s Farewell Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 9:59 am

Spanishdavid wrote:

Thanks.

This is all the farewall/reunion rock tour logic you will ever need=

Cats´s Farewell Spinal%20Tap%20Break%20Like%20The%20Wind
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

Cats´s Farewell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cats´s Farewell   Cats´s Farewell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cats´s Farewell
Page 1 of 1