Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats re-issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

Stray Cats re-issues Empty
PostSubject: Stray Cats re-issues   Stray Cats re-issues Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm not sure, but I remember reading a while back that a record company had re-issued all the Stray Cats albums (or at least some of the early ones) and they had new introductory notes by the band. I just wondered if anyone on here had them and whether they are recomended as something worth collecting?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats re-issues   Stray Cats re-issues Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 4:41 pm

What you might be thinking of are the reissues of Rock Therapy and Blast Off, the final two EMI albums. These came out in early 2008. Lee Rocker provided liner notes and I believe is still selling autographed copies on his website. They aren't especially noteworthy for any sort of stellar re-mastering, but the liner notes from Lee make these digi-packs somewhat collectible.

Now ya got me clamoring for the proper re-issues of Stray One and Gonna Ball. Many of the tracks from those first two albums have never been released in the US.

Re-issue-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats re-issues   Stray Cats re-issues Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Yeh, Rickabilly is correct though the 3 first albums and a couple of compilations are always re-released in Japan... nothing really interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats re-issues   Stray Cats re-issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats re-issues
Page 1 of 1