Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball

Go down 
AuthorMessage

the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball Empty
PostSubject: the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball   the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:45 am

Hello folks,
as many of you already know, Brian collaborated with a band called Fastball back in 2000, on the song "Love Is Expensive And Free", from their album "Harsh Day Of Light"; however, rumour has it that Brian's part was not finally included on the released version of the album whilst he remained credited.

Sharing some comments with my good old friend Scatman, we have several theories; mine is that Brian is on the song - if any of you has heard it, I think I can recognise him on the chorus, doing his charateristic vibrato/tremolo thing after the lines of "Love is expensive and free" in the lyrics. Other thoughts/ideas is that Setzer did record the song with a solo or even more parts, who knows, or that part in which I say I can recognise Brian might have been re-recorded by someone else and due to a mistake in the mixing/mastering of the album, Setzer's part was not included by accident.

Nonetheless, what really baffles me is the fact that if Setzer's part was not included, how come that he is credited?? Wouldn't it be a bit sensitve from the band to credit an artist without having included his playing?? Or, if this has truly happened, has the band given an apologise to Brian???

Does anybody have more clues, ideas, suggestions or knowledge of the truth??? Tommy Maguire, Niels Schoeter, Brian Setzer??

Thanks!
Jon
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball   the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Good questions, Slim. I've read a little about this and have been curious about what actually happened. Hopefully someone can tell us the real story.

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
my good, 'old' friend Scatman...

Just how 'old' is this Scatman fellow, anyway? I'd heard he was still a young rockabilly rebel!
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball   the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:54 am

Hey Rocky Cat,
By "old" I meant that we've known each other for a long time, 7 years right now - maybe I din't express it properly.

Going back to the topic, it would be great if someone could help since this is a mystery... kind of like the songs recorded with Bob Geldof and Paine BRothers, but without the security of knowing whether his part was included. I really think he is there... but what really surprises me is that there is no guitar solo or anything apart from a couple of arrangements in the section of the song in which I think he is.... HEEEEELP!!!! (I need somebody!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball   the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the mystery of the BS collaboration with Fastball
Page 1 of 1