Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pick technique.

Go down 
+10
rockabillylaker
The Squirrel
Daddy_O
Twenty Flight Rick
Davy Jones
mjcodina
tvthewiredturtle
webelvis
Guitarmaniac
Riffs_yeah!
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mjcodina

mjcodina

Pick technique. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:41 am

How old are you suggesting you are good sir?
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:50 am

mjcodina wrote:
How old are you suggesting you are good sir?

as old as the day is long, this I see cause cower in your visage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:51 am

Tavo this is too fun. Let us never stop
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Riffs_yeah!

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:39 am

Good grief Tavo are there any old pictures of you with that Van Halen haircut?
I think we need to see them!

I started this thread about 18 months ago and I have to say I still haven't settled into one finger-pick style. I do use the pick tuck quite a lot but still hybrid a too and sometimes just ditch the pick altogether. Whatever works for whatever is happening.
I'm so used to the tuck method though that even if playing with just fingers I can only use 2, 3 and 4, my index just hangs there useless!
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 am

For those who feel bad about their fingerpicking technique, don't. I swear my techinique is like me picking with five thumbs...well, maybe four thumbs and an index finger since I've forced myself to sit down and learn how to play along to The Black Keys version of Junior Kimbrough's "My Mind is Ramblin'"...though it's kind of a sad attempt at doing so. Gotta start somewhere I guess?

I'd love to work my way up to some Rockabilly and chick'n pick'n with my fingers someday...I just hate having longer nails affraid
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:31 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
For those who feel bad about their fingerpicking technique, don't. I swear my techinique is like me picking with five thumbs...well, maybe four thumbs and an index finger since I've forced myself to sit down and learn how to play along to The Black Keys version of Junior Kimbrough's "My Mind is Ramblin'"...though it's kind of a sad attempt at doing so. Gotta start somewhere I guess?

I'd love to work my way up to some Rockabilly and chick'n pick'n with my fingers someday...I just hate having longer nails affraid

may I share a photo of a man's hands that are famous on the tele AND also
have the ability to palm my head..yet he is a nimble picker! Smile

Pick technique. - Page 2 ReddVolkaertTHREE
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:40 am

Yay!! Redd Volkaert!! I have been reassured that I don't need to have long slender fingers to work a fretboard!
Back to top Go down
Jon524

Jon524

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:08 pm

I tuck the pick up in my index finger with no problem. Started doing it out neccesity then i found out Buddy Guy did it so i said "Oh Cool" then i started listening to Setzer and found out he did it and decided that only badasses tucked picks in their index.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 9:43 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

may I share a photo of a man's hands that are famous on the tele AND also
have the ability to palm my head..yet he is a nimble picker! Smile

Pick technique. - Page 2 ReddVolkaertTHREE

I've had the pleasure to chill out with Redd on a couple of occasions and let me tell you this guy has Ham Hocks for fingers!! I've seen him play a couple of times, trhe best was for about 20 people where we were invited to pick his brain re pedals, amps, guitars etc, and let me tell you I got no idea how he changes so quickly between pick and fingers and combo of both! I don't know how he can even fit those fingers between the strings!
[img]Pick technique. - Page 2 SANY0060[/img]

Check out his fingers as he worked on my guitar...with a bread knife!!
[img]Pick technique. - Page 2 SANY0055[/img]

Ohh...and since we spent 4 days together, I asked him for a "little" favour....hehehehehehehe
[img]Pick technique. - Page 2 SANY0067[/img][img]Pick technique. - Page 2 SANY0056[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pick technique.   Pick technique. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pick technique.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: The cave - Guitar talk-
Jump to: