Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Man, I love Bluegrass!

Go down 
+3
sidelake bob
donpepe
Guitarmaniac
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

Man, I love Bluegrass! Empty
PostSubject: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:18 am

It's a shame many people here in Germany don't even know this kind of music.
Just look at all those talented people!

Still, there are some cool Bluegrass Bands in Germany and you can see them quite often here in Munich.
Once a year at a very small festival in my village there's a Bluegrass Band, they've been playing there since the year I was born and I always enjoy their gig here.

How do you feel about Bluegrass?

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:01 am

Hi

Check this for some finnish bluegrass & rockabilly!!!

www.syren.fi
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am

Here is a swedish band I like: http://www.myspace.com/gravitybluegrassband
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:36 am

I just put my copy of the 'O brother, where are thou?' Soundtrack in my CD Player, it definitly is my favourite 'non-Rockabilly' disc!
Back to top Go down
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:44 am

I like my grass to be green.. Wink
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:46 am

sidelake bob wrote:
Here is a swedish band I like: http://www.myspace.com/gravitybluegrassband

Great band, they played Finland this winter with Jussi Syren & Groundbreakers!!!
Back to top Go down
Niblos

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Anyone in the North Wilksboro North Carolina area really should check out MERLEFEST. It is held every last weekend of April in memory of MERLE WATSON (Doc's son). It is a four-day event that covers just about every music genre. Thirteen stages running each day from jazz, creole, rockabilly, americana, blues, BLUEGRASS, western swing, ragtime, latin, and more. This is a bluegrass lover's dream! Doc Watson still performs each day even though he is getting up in the years - he is still the best!

Last edited by Niblos on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
I just put my copy of the 'O brother, where are thou?' Soundtrack in my CD Player, it definitly is my favourite 'non-Rockabilly' disc!

Loooove that movie. Gotta get the DVD. The photography and the overall color tones in the film really stand out in my mind - as does the quirky, wonderful story and the acting. Can't say enough good things about O Brother.

As for the soundtrack, the song "Man of Constant Sorrow" is just sublime (both versions by the Soggy Bottom Boys), definitely my favorite on the entire CD. But "Big Rock Candy Mountain," "Down To The River To Pray," "Hard Time Killing Floor Blues," "Didn't Leave Nobody But The Baby," "O Death," and "In the Jailhouse Now" are all wonderfully evocative and atmospheric.

Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I know what I'm listening to this afternoon!

sunny

Last edited by Andi on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo!)
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:11 pm

I'm a Dapper Dan Man!^^

I love the trio version of "Down To The River To Pray" I posted in the first post here. It makes me feel good!

I share your view on the movie =)
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:08 am

Anyone who loves bluegrass music should check out The Del McCoury Band. They have long been the finest bluegrass band in the US.

Also highly recomended is my friends Bill, Shelley, Rob and Cory's band Sweet Sunny South - www.sweetsunnysouth.com - great old-time bluegrass from Paonia, Colorado. They have released four albums, all of them very enjoyable. First-rate playing and first-rate songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man, I love Bluegrass!   Man, I love Bluegrass! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man, I love Bluegrass!
Page 1 of 1