Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

contest - songs form - lonely avenue

Go down 
+8
tvthewiredturtle
Gloria
pony65k
Andi
Patrick
Rickabilly
frenchlmp
laurent327
12 posters
AuthorMessage
laurent327

laurent327

contest - songs form - lonely avenue Empty
PostSubject: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 am

No more cartoon cover album

send your cover for the new album & the winner will be the official cover.

It's a great idea ?

contest - songs form - lonely avenue 4bx8izjge9
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 am

NO MORE CARTOON COVER ALBUM! It's a very great idea!
Your cover is perfect Lolo!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:34 am

I'm confused. There isn't really a cover contest, is there?

Hopefully, some grammarian will remove the colon from the title. It reads less awkwardly as "Songs From Lonely Avenue." Of course it's early. I think the working title for WBNO was "Cuttin' Classics," which I loved.

Lonely Avenue is also the name of a great Ray Charles classic written by the legendary Doc Pomus. I think it might have been one of Pomus' first big successes as a songwriter.

Colon Cleanser-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:41 pm

I actually love those cartoon artworks, but Laurent's idea is great.
ANother lettering would fit better in my opinion (the comeback of the
first BSO logo??). What about having a sexy lady all dre ssed in black
sittin' on the steps of a house or so???
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Dream on....your pic on the cover....

I'm gonna find one!!
bounce
cheers
..huh....did you take that pic?
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:13 pm

It'd be awfully cool if it was real.

Last edited by Andi on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:02 pm

I could picture this classic photo with Brian walking down the street with his Gretsch slung to the side and the Orchestra leaning along the railing.

contest - songs form - lonely avenue James_Dean_Times_Square_L
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:49 pm

I'm hoping that a non-cartoon Brian makes the cover. Not that he doesn't look adorable as a cartoon, but as Brian said at the end of Mack The Knife, "give 'em the real thing". Oooh yeah!

Now I'm really curious to see what the cover will look like. Question
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:12 am

pony65k wrote:
I could picture this classic photo with Brian walking down the street with his Gretsch slung to the side and the Orchestra leaning along the railing.

contest - songs form - lonely avenue James_Dean_Times_Square_L

I love your proposition Pony!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:18 am

Younger generations will not relate to it, and it'll get tossed into the
Jazz section if its just some pretty photo of days gone by. A few yrs back I was trying to get my hands on the new
BSO Xmas CD and the kids at Best Buy had nooooo clue what
a "brian setzer" was.. even when I said "remember the stray cats"..blank looks.
but then exclaim; "its an Xmas CD with a comic book lookin muscle shirt dude with a guitar and hot rod sleigh".... Tada!!! It suddenly exists in the store!

I will say that using Shag as the graphics "ILLUSTRATOR" (not cartoonist) is at this point in time, really 5 minutes ago.
Maybe more of a sultry 60's illustrator like Weesner:
contest - songs form - lonely avenue Kw-femme
or Almera:
contest - songs form - lonely avenue MA-CHICA

I'm totally into great photography for sure..but its been
the cool illustrations on the BSO albums that keep em sitting
on my tiki bar!
ps. love aaron marshall too, hot new canadian artist
contest - songs form - lonely avenue Amg02f
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:22 am

What about Brian,standing on the banks of Loch Ness, in Scotland. Laughing

As long as we get a few pictures of the band and lyrics. The rest will fall into place. As the music,is gonna be so good.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 pm

Okay, either Laurent knew something way in advance or Brian and Surfdog REALLY dug this idea!!! Just received in my email!

You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!

Brian has finished recording his new album and now we need artwork! Brian wants to see if you can design it for him! If you can come up with the album artwork that Surfdog Records ends up using for the cover of the commercial release of The Brian Setzer Orchestra's "Songs From Lonely Avenue" CD, you will win a brand-new Gretsch Brian Setzer Model guitar, personally signed by Brian to you!

The contest starts now and we'll be accepting submissions until
11:59pm on July 10, 2009.

Here's how it works:

1. Create an original (has to be original—no ripping off of published or unpublished artwork or photos!!) illustration or photograph, complete with the Brian Setzer Orchestra name and album title, "Songs From Lonely Avenue." For "Brian Setzer Orchestra," you can either use logos that we've used before, or come up with your own.

2. Email a jpeg of your album cover idea to lonelyavenue@surfdog.com along with a jpeg of a scanned signed copy of the Terms of Agreement, which you can download [here].

3. Surfdog will go through all of the submissions and decide if we think one of them is the best option for the actual album cover. Of course, Surfdog has other artists working on ideas and it's very possible that one of their designs will be used. So, just to be clear, we may not use any of the submissions, but we hope one of you comes up with “THE” design and we get our cover from the fans—that's Brian's whole idea behind this.

4. If there is a winner among the contest entries, that person will be notified within 7 days of the contest ending. Provided that the artwork from the winning entry can be used, that person will win the autographed Gretsch Hot Rod Guitar!

5. All entrants must be 18 years old or older and a contest like this needs to be legal where you live.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:34 pm

THis is so awesome. Not that I am artistic enough to even try but good luck to everyone out there. Can't wait to see what gets picked.
Back to top Go down
MarkUK

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Good contest but it would have been better to award the guitar to the best 'fan' submission, even if it isn't used.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Wow, who would have thought??

I just entered the competition. I can't draw to save my life, so I submitted a concept based on a picture.

Maybe this idea might help us artistically challenged people.

What have we got too loose?

Arty-Pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Wow...Laurent, i`m impressed cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:28 am

In France we have no oil but ideas
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:02 am

laurent327 wrote:
In France we have no oil but ideas

Very Happy
yep
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: contest - songs form - lonely avenue   contest - songs form - lonely avenue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

contest - songs form - lonely avenue
Page 1 of 1