Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lee Rockers Father article

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lee Rockers Father article Empty
PostSubject: Lee Rockers Father article   Lee Rockers Father article Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi folks. There is a quiet interesting article in the June 4th edition of the New York Times about Lee Rockers dad ,Stanley Drucker. I'm not too computer savvy so I cant post the link or article. However go to the New York Times website and you can access it from there. I cant remember the article title but it's something like "New york Philharmonic clarenetist retires " or something similiar.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rockers Father article   Lee Rockers Father article Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:44 am

Thanks for the info. I did a little research at the New York Times on-line and this is what I found. 3 days in a row of news related to Stanley Drucker, who had set a Guinness World Record for the “longest career as a clarinetist,” having performed professionally for 62 years, 7 months and 1 day as of Thursday.

Ending a 60-Year Gig at the N.Y. Philharmonic

An Evening of Accolades for a Clarinetist

From the Drucker Vaults

Lee Rockers Father article Druc-600
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rockers Father article   Lee Rockers Father article Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:59 am

Stanley Drucker is an inspiration. I had no idea he was a musician of such stature. From the perspective of a Stray Cats fan, his career would most likely be summarized as, "Lee's dad is a clarinet player!"

But this is incredible. It makes me hopeful for Lee's musical longevity - by my reckoning, we should be in for about another 30 years of Stray Cats! (God willing, of course.)
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rockers Father article   Lee Rockers Father article Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:06 pm

I keep thinking father and son should work on some kind of recording together.... not sure how, but something.....
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rockers Father article   Lee Rockers Father article Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 am

Something Jazzy with both Druckers + Setzer + Bernie Dresel!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rockers Father article   Lee Rockers Father article Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 am

Guitarmaniac wrote:
Something Jazzy with both Druckers + Setzer + Bernie Dresel!!!

It has to be a family thing...... I wouldn´t get Setzer involved.

I believe Lee´s son was playing guitar..... so it could be The Druckers Trio, and the title "Rocker meets Drucker" Very Happy

It doesn´t have to be prententious.... just an intimate thing....

I wonder if they have ever thought about it....
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rockers Father article   Lee Rockers Father article Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:48 am

[quote="Spanishdavid"]
Guitarmaniac wrote:
I believe Lee´s son was playing guitar..... so it could be The Druckers Trio, and the title "Rocker meets Drucker" Very Happy ....

Good idea, I like it!!

FC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rockers Father article   Lee Rockers Father article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lee Rockers Father article
Page 1 of 1