Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Isaak

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scamperoo

scamperoo

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:23 am

Don't know if anyone is reading this right now UK day/time 20/06 BST 12.30 but CI is about to be interviewed on BBC radio 2 by J Ross and co he is also playing live if you head over to bbc r2 web site you should be able to listen live and if you catch this after the event then you can listen again for up to 1 week

Scamperoo
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:50 am

Seems like Chris has been doing some promo in Europe this week. He´s been to Spain as well.... although there was no live gig at any club....

If I´m not wrong, here is the link to the BBC2 program you are talking about:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00l964h/Gethin_Jones_20_06_2009/

THANKS a lot for the info!!!!

Isaak RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
scamperoo

scamperoo

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:03 am

Hi David remember me, we stood together and had drinks in the bar at Ceasers Palace AC in 2001 remember l told you l lived in Portugal, ..... did you hear the Chris section of the show? it was a bit short and sweet

Martin
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:47 am

Oh yeah, man!!!! now that you mention it, I do!!!!

so... where are you living now????

Chris Isaak is playing in Spain, October 14th! in San Sebastian, north of Spain... and then, October 17th, Lee Rocker is playing in Barcelona. Like 4 hours away from San Sebastian!

I´m there! wanna go?
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Enjoy the rockinest Isaak......

Back to top Go down

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 5:02 am

David,
NO ME JODAS QUE EL ISAAK SE VIENE A DONOSTI??????
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:20 am

Si hijo mío. Al Auditorium Kursaal, de San Se.... el día 15 de Octubre, miércoles. Las entradas no salen a la venta hasta septiembre. Si no estoy mal informado, la Sala Kursaal es con butacas, y numerado.

YO VOY seguro. Si piensas ir, lo hablamos, porque yo quiero pillar asiento de primera fila.

Y los precios de las entradas a 27, 22, 18 y 14 euros. , según el asiento.... o sea, que no es caro.

Vendrás? yo seguro que sí. Y para rematar, Lee Rocker toca 3 días después a las afueras de Barcelona... vaya semanita!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.lastfm.es/event/1097786

Chris Isaak 220266

Nada, salvo la muerte, evitará que vaya a ver al gran Chris Isaak.

Por cierto... totalmente confirmado. Ya sale en la web de Kursaal:

http://www.kursaal.com.es/modulos/agenda/agenda.asp?nodo=2028&nombre=2028&fecha=14/10/2009

Last edited by Spanishdavid on Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:21 am

Spanishdavid wrote:
Enjoy the rockinest Isaak......

very cool song and awesome Band.
I saw this vid and ordered a CD of Chris... Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:31 am

Brett wrote:

I saw this vid and ordered a CD of Chris... Cool

That´s pretty cool, man. Which one did you order? to be honest, his last one, "Mr.Lucky", is not in my top 5. But if you get any of the previous ones, you will be completely satisfied.

Gone Ridin´ is included in his first cd, "Silvertone".

This is his discography:

* Silvertone (1985)
* Chris Isaak (1987)
* Heart Shaped World (1989)
* Wicked Game (1991)
* San Francisco Days (1993)
* Forever Blue (1995)
* Baja Sessions (1996)
* Speak of the Devil (1998)
* Always Got Tonight (2002)
* Christmas (2004)
* Live in Australia (2008)
* Mr. Lucky (2009)

His first cd´s, are awesome. He used to have a great guitar player, James Calvin Wilsey, who gave him his particular sound, kind of his "trademark" sound, if that´s possible to say. When you listen to the sound of that guitar, you know it is a Chris Isaak song. It was very unique. Then, he changed the guitar player, I have no idea why, and even though his sound is awesome, he lost his unique and particular sound... but hey, don´t get me wrong.... Chris Isaak is Chris Isaak, and he has always been there, on my top list.... and never had very clear who did I like the most, if Chris Isaak or Stray Cats. I always had conflicts there. My rebel side said the Cats, and my "other me" said Isaak was. So.... anyway, he has always been an influence to me.

Enjoy your cd. And go see him life. You won´t regret it! By the way... most of his gigs I went to in the USA, were SOLD OUT, even when he was playing 2 or 3 nights in a row at the same venue.

By the way, Brett, another cool one for you to enjoy:

Back to top Go down

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:19 am

I really like Chris Isaak, and Mr Lucky is a wonderful album, very much to listen to in the background, but it's great.

David,
me gustaria ir pero no lo se si podre... quiza me salga algun trabajo en alguna academia o asi... a ver qu sale pero en caso de no tener nada, pues seria genial. Además a Mónica tambien le gusta asi que puede que vayamos si puede ser, jejej.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:22 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Además a Mónica tambien le gusta asi que puede que vayamos si puede ser, jejej.

Tu por eso no sufras, que si no pudieras ya la llevaría yo Smile por un amigo lo que sea.
Back to top Go down

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:31 am

Ja ja ja!! Con amigos como tu, da gusto lol!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:41 am

Hi David,
i order "Silvertone" and "forever blue"

I know and own for sure his album "wicked game" (Wild at heart is one of my favorite movies)

when was the performance filmed? It`s not from 1985

Cheers (and thanks for your insperation Cool )

Brett
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:19 am

i don't know for sure, but that vídeo must be 3 or 4 years old, or less... But not much older.

If I were you I would also get:

-heart shaped world
-chris isaak
-san francisco days

Those three kick major ass. They go super cheap in Ebay too.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:03 pm

they are going for .99 cents plus shipping on Ebay right now.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 2:17 am

just received my CD´s...cool music...
i also get a DVD with a broadcast show called "Sound Stage",
he is also a funny guy.
And the girls like him... Cool
Back to top Go down
scamperoo

scamperoo

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: David   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 4:50 am

Hi David

I'm still in the Algarve would love to see Lee and wish Chris would come to Lisboa
or Seville it's drivable but SS and Barca is flying and it would be cheaper to go to UK than anywhere is Spain as we get cained for flights in Portugal.

Have you seen the Chris Isaak hour tv show, it's being broadcast on UK tv channel BIO this week it's Glen Cambell.

2 friends and l once saw CI at the San Jaun Capistrano on NY eve 90/91 we spent ages chatting to Kenny and his wife who if l remember was english

debating whether to go to holland to see BSO it's a 500 euro round trip from seville mmmmnnn we'll see

Martin
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:25 am

Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Another gift....

LIVE IN SPAIN, at one of the most popular radio stations over here... M80, here are Chris and Kenny doing an accoustic set; really cool.

http://www.cadenaser.com/cultura/video/chris-isaak-m-80/csrcsrpor/20090625csrcsrcul_2/Ves
Back to top Go down
straytatoo30

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:47 pm

wow Chris Issak played at Vancouvers PNE show on the 5 th September 09

cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 2:37 am

Can't remember who said something about the movie Wild At Heart, but if I am right, that film is from 1991.... Not really my cuppa, I can't cope with Nicolas Cage nor Kevin Costner. The films might be terribly good but as soon as these 2 "legends" appear, the films are completely ruined!!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:56 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Can't remember who said something about the movie Wild At Heart, but if I am right, that film is from 1991.... Not really my cuppa, I can't cope with Nicolas Cage nor Kevin Costner. The films might be terribly good but as soon as these 2 "legends" appear, the films are completely ruined!!

oh, i cannot agree, i saw first in 91 "Wild at heart", i saw the movie few times more,
and Cage is terrific in this movie.
(my favorite scene is the final scene, he came out the jail, left his girl and son again, and than the gangster of her mother find him.... jocolor sooo cool.)

But at the end it is all about taste.
sorry i don´t want to disturb...
monkey
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:12 am

Chris Isaak.... another living legend
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:42 am

JC wrote:

this is so cool, and funny.
just the introducion is awesome (for sure the rest as well)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Isaak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak   Chris Isaak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Isaak
Page 1 of 1