Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992   for share Empty
PostSubject: Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share   Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992   for share Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:43 am

I just came across this accidentally on-line.

Thought you may be interested:

http://hard-rock-cafe.blogspot.com/2009/01/stray-cats-live-astbury-park-1992.html
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share   Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992   for share Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:47 am

oh, this is a fantastic Live show.
IMHO at this period the cats had their best time.

Only thing, i guess the backing vocals from "Elvis on Velvet" are not live... Rolling Eyes
But ok...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share   Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992   for share Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 5:15 am

I was at this show and it was great. During Elvis on velvet something went wrong with the sound and Jim kicked over his drums in temper.
Also the show wasc broadcast by WNEW . Brian was wearing a WNEW baseball cap which he threw into the crowd. I caught it and still have it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share   Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992   for share Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 6:09 am

Hey Vincent,
do you remember more songs that they played at that gig??
Were the backing vocals to Elvis on Velvet and Cry Baby on that gig done by the Cats or were they pre-recorded??
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share   Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992   for share Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:53 am

Sounds like the backing vocals are sampled/sequenzed (SP?) from the album and activated by somebody in the crew or (less likely) one of the Cats. On "Elvis on velvet", the backing vocals are even slightly out of tune AND time with the band. And on "Cry Baby" there are way too many voices for the Cats to pull it off by themselves. Plus, I can definitely hear Dave Edmunds' voice in the "Oh yeah! All right! Aaaaah"s...

I kinda prefer their solution from the Farewell Tour, with Lee singing Edmunds' part and leaving the four-part harmony out... Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share   Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992   for share Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 9:25 am

Hey Gretschoholic,
I agree with ya mate but I really like all that backing vocals part... and it was a great decision that Lee sang Dave's part live. I really like Lee's voice and he deserved to have sung 2-3 songs in every show (Drink That Bottle or a couple of Elvis versions)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share   Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992   for share Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats - Live show in NJ, 1992 for share
Page 1 of 1