Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy Empty
PostSubject: Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy   Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 10:37 am

Another guitarists duet I know but this actually has some info with it!

I found this quote from an interview with Duane Eddy from 2005 and wondered if this track had ever seen the light of day?

What upcoming projects do you have?

Eddy: "I'm starting a new project, and we've just gone one track done so far. It's this little rock and roll song with Brian Setzer. He's a great player. And he's fun and crazy! Anyway it's kind of a Stray Cats kinda feel, and it's called "That's How it Was When We Started to Rock and Roll."
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy   Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:10 am

Duane Eddy's based out of Nashville, and Brian spent some time there (in Franklin, TN - outside of Nashville) in 2005 recording Rockabilly Riot. I wonder if that's when the recording session with Duane Eddy took place. I think the following year (2006) Duane performed the Peter Gunn Theme with the BSO at the Ryman.

In searching Duane's discography, it doesn't appear he's put out an album, other than reissues, in quite some time.

This is the kind of thing that would be terrific on a Setzer compilation/boxed set! Duane would also be a killer guest on any Setzer project - even the film noir thing coming up!

Twang-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy   Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:11 pm

Maybe I'll ask Duane's wife Deed on the GDP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy   Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
I think the following year (2006) Duane performed the Peter Gunn Theme with the BSO at the Ryman.
Right!
Here's a short Video of that Performance:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy   Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Setzer and Duane Eddy
Page 1 of 1