Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed

Go down 
+22
Davy Jones
Shutterpop
sidelake bob
Gloria
miguelbrian6120
kinky pimp
webelvis
Aussie_Sam
ajk911
wee mark
jshea71
FranckVillano
Andi
setzer_cat
shelley54
DEXTER
Patrick
Kid Setzer
christopher
Kingsley16
Rockabilly Ross
pony65k
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wee mark

wee mark

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 3:14 am

I was gonna get a friend to help me, (computer wise) As whats this paste and drag stuff?
Well anyway i was taken into hospital, so never got the chance.

But i did get a few pictures up off a lonely avenue street scene. Way to go.

Never mind,allways thought one of Brians guitars would look cool in my hi-fi room.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 8:59 pm

I guess we can assume nobody that entered the competition won since nothing has been announced and nobody has been freaking out on the board about the fact that they won! Ah well, great effort everyone. Looking forward to seeing some of the rest of the entries.
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Never assume my friend....keep hope until we know for sure.

I would be shocked if Brian did not annouce there is or is not a winner. I truely doubt he would just ignore us.

Let's not forget that this only day number 8 since the contest closed and they may have hundreds or thousands of entries to go through. Patience until we hear for sure.

Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
ajk911

PostSubject: First post - and here's my old school entry   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:47 pm

Hey guys -

First post, just found this great board - have been looking at the posts and everyone seems really nice!

Everyone's entries look great - just wondering if you guys are graphic artists by profession or just as a hobby? What programs did you guys use (i.e. Photoshop etc)?

I submitted a very old school basic entry for the CD contest and would love to have the skills to do something more advanced:

https://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss25/ajk911pd/

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Bsproject5004

Good luck to all and look forward to getting to know everyone!
Alisa
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:27 am

Welcome ajk911
Good job on the cover too...
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:03 pm

From BrianSetzer.com:

Quote :
CONTEST UPDATE: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!
Thank you for all of the covers you submitted for this contest. We have received hundreds of them! In fact there are so many that we are delaying our announcement in order to get the chance to go through all of them thoroughly. Thanks for your patience and stay tuned!

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:22 pm

Woot! A great night was already in progress but that just made it even better! Thanks Kid! And Niels, Surfdog, Brian....

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Well now that the winner has been announced (yay Andi!) here is one of the covers I submitted which I feel had the most potential:

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Cover_10

The idea behind this was this is Brian's desk whilst he was writing 'Songs from lonely avenue'. Infer what you wish from the photo and the objects in the photo.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:15 am

Yeah congrats to Andi!
Your pic looks great indeed! Love the color of the wooden desk.
Maybe there's to little props?
Like some old music mag, records, or perhaps a bottle of whiskey?

Here's mine:

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Hoes1mettekst

Taken in Memphis on Beale street some 15 years ago. Too bad it wasn't at night.
Brian's pic I took in Amsterdam last year.
I put those two pics together. I wanted Brian's image on a buiding. So after some head splitting work I ended up with this.
Here are the originals:

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 083s

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Afbeelding001y

Comments please..
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 am

Patrick: Yes initially I was thinking about putting some mags/books and other such props on the desk but because they would have the author/mag name down the side I thought I may have an issue with copyright stuff.
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:00 am

These were the two Submisssions of that I thought they had the highest chance to win:
Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Lonely10

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Lonely11
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 4:10 am

Kid, really like your submission by the way
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:17 am

webelvis wrote:
These were the two Submisssions of that I thought they had the highest chance to win:

Great!
I love the picks and dice!
cheers
The front light looks great.
Tell us about how you made it.
Back to top Go down
kinky pimp

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:28 am

Hi all,

Got a tip from my friend "sidelake bob" to post my CD cover from the contest here at this forum:

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Brian_CD3_hakanjonsson_small
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:18 am

Everyone has produced some beautiful, fantastic work. Kid and Webby, your creativity with the moody photo setups is excellent. Kinky pimp, that is one seriously cool, professional lookin' piece of work. Patrick, you and I had the same idea with putting Brian into the picture!! Smile

Thank you all so much for sharing your entries. I think they ALL oughtta be in the CD!

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:44 am

Patrick wrote:
webelvis wrote:

Great!
I love the picks and dice!
cheers
The front light looks great.
Tell us about how you made it.

Well, at first Itried to get every light out of my room, and then switched on the lightchain in the back, I had a strong lamp lighting the glass, against the camera, but high enough, so I could cut out this part without the lightsource being visible. Since the Microphone came out to be too dark, I grabbed a blue LED Lamp, and pointed on it while I took the Pic.
The Pick's are two of Setzers by the way.
Back to top Go down
miguelbrian6120

miguelbrian6120

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:49 am

This one is my cover...

[url=Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 LonelyavenuecoverOK]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/catclub
miguelbrian6120

miguelbrian6120

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 7:52 am

And here´s the back...

[url=Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Lonelyavenuebackok]
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:05 am

kinky pimp wrote:

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Brian_CD3_hakanjonsson_small

Wow, this is stunning! I love the colors. This would be great for a poster or t shirt design.

It's fun seeing the ideas you guys sent in. Keep 'em coming! Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 8:57 am

miguelbrian6120 wrote:
And here´s the back...

[url=Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Lonelyavenuebackok]

Yeah I love the 6120's chopped headstock!
Where did you get that Setzer pic?
You're probably one of the few who entered a back design!
Altough my pic would be great for a back too. Didn't sent it in though...
Text designed by christopher here on the forum!

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 3721965084_904c3863a3_o

Let's all join forces and urge Surfdog for a "back" contest!
And have our own little 2nd and 3th place contest.
cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
miguelbrian6120

miguelbrian6120

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 am

Patrick wrote:
miguelbrian6120 wrote:
And here´s the back...

Yeah I love the 6120's chopped headstock!
Where did you get that Setzer pic?
You're probably one of the few who entered a back design!
Altough my pic would be great for a back too. Didn't sent it in though...
Text designed by christopher here on the forum!

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 3721965084_904c3863a3_o

Let's all join forces and urge Surfdog for a "back" contest!
And have our own little 2nd and 3th place contest.
cheers cheers

I found that pic in a japanese magazine. Is real cool & great!!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Patrick: If you read the Setzer website carefully it mentions that Andi's winning entry will more than likely be used as the back cover, so you'll have to try and get the front cover again Razz

In any case, I spend more time looking at the back cover than the front because I'm checking out the tracklist all the time. It's going to be so awesome to see Andi's design and be able to say 'I had dinner with her' Wink

Andi I am seeing a disturbing pattern - soon after I met you and we had dinner together a couple of times you moved back to America, I hope I didn't scare you away affraid Funny thing, you know that youtube video of my reaction to the stray cats aussie tour announcement - well after my boyfriend saw it (before we became an item) he was a little bit scared to meet up with me out in public Razz
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:48 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Andi I am seeing a disturbing pattern - soon after I met you and we had dinner together a couple of times you moved back to America, I hope I didn't scare you away affraid

Not a chance Kid! You (and Jay!! Very Happy) and Pony and Sam and Pete made the decision HARDER. I was especially happy to have another girlfriend - that gave me a total of, I think, 3 female friends in the entire country! Luckily the internet brings us all closer together, and you're young and I reckon the travel bug will bite you hard and we'll have more opportunities to dine together in the future.

sunny
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:03 am

Gloria wrote:
kinky pimp wrote:

Wow, this is stunning! I love the colors. This would be great for a poster or t shirt design.

It's fun seeing the ideas you guys sent in. Keep 'em coming! Great stuff!

Gloria, You can find more cool work by Kinky pimp here: http://www.smalltownpimps.com/tattoo/
Back to top Go down
Shutterpop

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Congrats to Andi. Here was my submission:

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 BSO_opt3small
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed   Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Your New BSO CD Covers Here - Competition Closed
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next