Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

It Might Get Loud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andi

PostSubject: It Might Get Loud   Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Tavo, I know you posted this on your Facebook page - I have been waiting for this movie ever since seeing the trailer online months ago, while I was still in Australia (man that feels like a lifetime ago!) I just got an email from Jack White's Third Man Records - It Might Get Loud is almost here!!

Quote :
It Might Get Loud tells the personal stories, in their own words, of three generations of electric guitar virtuosos The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White. It reveals how each developed his unique sound and style of playing favorite instruments, guitars both found and invented. Concentrating on the artist's musical rebellion, traveling with him to influential locations, provoking rare discussion as to how and why he writes and plays, this film lets you witness intimate moments and hear new music from each artist. The movie revolves around a day when Jimmy Page, Jack White, and The Edge first met and sat down together to share their stories, teach and play.

Don't miss seeing Jack White in this Davis Guggenheim directed documentary that opens in select theaters in Los Angeles and New York on August 14th, with further showings in theaters across the US after that. View the trailer, see photos and read further info about the film at itmightgetloudmovie.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:30 am

Andi wrote:
Tavo, I know you posted this on your Facebook page - I have been waiting for this movie ever since seeing the trailer online months ago, while I was still in Australia (man that feels like a lifetime ago!) I just got an email from Jack White's Third Man Records - It Might Get Loud is almost here!!

Quote :
It Might Get Loud tells the personal stories, in their own words, of three generations of electric guitar virtuosos The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White. It reveals how each developed his unique sound and style of playing favorite instruments, guitars both found and invented. Concentrating on the artist's musical rebellion, traveling with him to influential locations, provoking rare discussion as to how and why he writes and plays, this film lets you witness intimate moments and hear new music from each artist. The movie revolves around a day when Jimmy Page, Jack White, and The Edge first met and sat down together to share their stories, teach and play.

Don't miss seeing Jack White in this Davis Guggenheim directed documentary that opens in select theaters in Los Angeles and New York on August 14th, with further showings in theaters across the US after that. View the trailer, see photos and read further info about the film at itmightgetloudmovie.com

might even show up sooner than the 14th, seems like the wait is forever. The Edge and Page have been guitar stars in my life since high school, but I am really thrilled about Jack whites approach to the blues and The Whites stripes and Raconteurs catchin my sons attention, not to mention him working with legend loretta lynn (Van lear rose album)
and more recently alicia keyes.

fwiw.. the trailer at apple.com seems to flow more smoothly than the youtube trailer. ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
ruger9

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:17 am

I definitely want to see this one. I doubt it'll make it out of the big cities tho, so I'll probably have to wait for the rental... aw, hell... after seeing the (great) trailer, I'll probably just BUY it! Looks like the coolest music docu to come down the pike in awhile.

I would love to have seen the recent BBC series all about the guitar... it was supposed to be great, but you couldn't see it (even online) in this country, due to broadcast licenses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:09 am

ruger9 wrote:
I definitely want to see this one. I doubt it'll make it out of the big cities tho, so I'll probably have to wait for the rental... aw, hell... after seeing the (great) trailer, I'll probably just BUY it! Looks like the coolest music docu to come down the pike in awhile.

I would love to have seen the recent BBC series all about the guitar... it was supposed to be great, but you couldn't see it (even online) in this country, due to broadcast licenses.

once it hit the theater you can watch it online at a million illegal streaming sites, granted it will have bad sound and shake a little. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:00 pm

TV, dont forget about The Dead Weather. im goin to see them this August in SLC. Though its probably my least favorite of Jack Whites bands. We were almost able to get tickets to see the documentary while it was showing in the Sundance Film Festival but just missed it. bummer but Im glad itll be coming out
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Andi

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:12 pm

mjcodina wrote:
TV, dont forget about The Dead Weather.

They're playing Steet Scene here in San Diego on Aug 29, along with Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Ozomatli... and a bunch of other bands I've never heard of or don't know whether or not I'd like 'em. (And Cake is playing Street Scene the day before, would love to see them live!) Jack is the drummer instead of the guitarist in the Dead Weather, isn't he?

Street Scene has been going on here for years and I've been to many of them, but never since I started doing photography. That'd be a helluva weekend to shoot. Bloody expensive for tix though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Andi wrote:
mjcodina wrote:
TV, dont forget about The Dead Weather.

They're playing Steet Scene here in San Diego on Aug 29, along with Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Ozomatli... and a bunch of other bands I've never heard of or don't know whether or not I'd like 'em. (And Cake is playing Street Scene the day before, would love to see them live!) Jack is the drummer instead of the guitarist in the Dead Weather, isn't he?

Street Scene has been going on here for years and I've been to many of them, but never since I started doing photography. That'd be a helluva weekend to shoot. Bloody expensive for tix though.

ozomatli is a chicano group, somewhat tribal and mexican folk..??
that whole viva azteca L.A. thing I think. you know "GO raiders" Smile

btw.. is bloody like a foreign ebonic? Smile
Back to top Go down
Andi

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:30 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
ozomatli is a chicano group, somewhat tribal and mexican folk..??

Yup! They play SD so often you'd think they're local. Saw 'em in 98 at Bud Bowl ahead of the BSO... all I remember is they were pretty cool vibey world beat kinda feel... after that I only remember Setzer!

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
btw.. is bloody like a foreign ebonic? Smile

Too right mate! You're part Aussie, you get it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Andi

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:25 pm

Saw It Might Get Loud today, all by my lonesome. Could've thought of about a dozen people from 'round these parts I would've loved to have seen it with though!! What a fantastic, poetic movie. I have a much greater respect for Jimmy Page, The Edge and Jack White now than I did before. All three of them are so obviously crazy about what they do and the instruments they play. Right from the opening scene with Jack White and the cows (I won't give it away because I thought it was so fantastically indicative of the tone of the rest of the movie), I was enthralled. There were some funny moments, lots of strumming and jamming and screaming guitars (duh)... but mostly it was just an inside look at three passionate and talented artists, a little of their history and what makes them the way they are. Exactly the kind of thing I love to see. More time spent with each of them individually than the three talking with each other. I don't think it was totally necessary to see it on the big screen, but I personally am glad I did the first time. I definitely want to see it a few more times on DVD.

And of course, I'm even crazier about Jack White than I was before. Seeing as he was in SD for Street Scene this weekend I was kinda hoping he might pop by the theatre to see how his movie was being received. Oh well.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:07 pm

I can't wait for It Might Get Loud. Having a child hood dream of someday being The Edge (years before I got the courage to pick up a guitar). This would be awesome. Not to mention seeing the mad genius (my opinion) Jack White gush over a gretsch per the trailer....and ofcourse the legendary Jimmy Page.

I find all of Jack White's bands great. The Dead Weather album is highly addictive and was the only album to push my Black Keys and Led Zep collections out of my players for the summer.

I need to see a Jack White band soon. All three would be fantastic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Might Get Loud   

Back to top Go down

It Might Get Loud
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1