Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US Open starts... TODAY!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

US Open starts... TODAY!! Empty
PostSubject: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:21 am

Tennis fans, the US Open and final Gran Slam of the season starts today...
Who will win??? Nadal, Federer, The Djocker, Roddick????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:01 am

Nadal vs Gasquet, tonight!

And Nadal won!!
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Tennis fans, the US Open and final Gran Slam of the season starts today...
Who will win??? Nadal, Federer, The Djocker, Roddick????

Hey jonny bhoy you forgot to mention Andy Murry ha ha ha . Watch this space..........!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:43 am

Hey,
no offense Matt, but Murray is not a player that I have on my mind, despite he's a well deserver of the No 2 at the moment... He's not one of my favs; on the other hand I've always had Roddick, Davidenko or Djockovic on my good books, just personal taste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:10 am

And Nadal goes back to Number 2!!!
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:39 pm

what about the women's matches? Oudin? She's off to quite a career at 17. Wish her much luck in the future. She made quite a showing this time out. Hope it lasts!

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't make note of where Sampras was at 17. Sigh.... The good ol' days. It's just not a real tennis match if someone's not puking! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:50 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
And Nadal goes back to Number 2!!!

And he's not going to stop there, first place is HIS place. Great player and a real nice guy ( especially with Gasquet when he recently got troubles...).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:03 am

Hey Freddie,
you're right I guess, heheh, well, maybe because he's my fav tennis player so far, together with Roddick.
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:26 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Hey Freddie,
you're right I guess, heheh, well, maybe because he's my fav tennis player so far, together with Roddick.

He's my favorite one too, I'm impressed by his strengh, his eyes are so determined and he's so kind at the same time. And also because he's spanish, but I'm not very objective on that point, at home we are connected to TVE every night! And supporting a spanish tennisplayer gives me more occasions to be satisfied than being fan of a french one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:05 am

Hahaha,
not long ago, we here had a blazing row when Nadal lost against Sodderling at the French Open, not because Nadal lost, but because how the crowd reacted when he lost, it was as if they were happy to see Nadal off and see Federer win the French Open.... I'm pretty sure that Roger wouldn't have won if Nadal had been at his best... but that's part of the game.
Roger has won 15 Grand Slam tittles, but the 5 GS finals he lost, were against Rafa... so, that makes a strong point in Nadal's favour, heheh.
Nonetheless, I must say that his playing style is quite hard, not technical, but quite physical, that's why he's been suffering from all these knee injuries every single year... whereas Federer is much more technical and enables him to play more and more... so, Nadal has proved that with courage and determination you can do everything and serving well is not everything....
Anyway, all the top 20 seeds deserve a good praise, otherwise, they wouldn't be there!
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:26 pm

You are perfectly right about how the crowd reacted when Nadal lost. I was disgusted, especially knowing the reputation of Soderling... And I am sure Federer was very lucky Nadal was eliminated from his way to the title. But here in France, Federer is really appreciated, and he deserves it, because he is a very polite gentleman, always good mannered on the court and with journalists, and playing more with technic than pure strength. So nobody criticize his victory! I like them both but the little majorcan bull will always impress me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:12 am

Why the f*** the GS matches aren't played at an indoor venue?????
Every year is the same thing... now, Nadal and Gonzalez will have to wait untl today to play their match and then, the semi final (whoever the winner is).... JUST BECAUSE THE RAIN HAS RUINED THE MATCH!!

Enjay, to answer your question:
To be honest and with no intention of offending the female tennis... I think we don't talk about it because it's quite boring, slow and with no intensity.
That's how I feel about it when I see a women's match.
And something that I'd like to say: I find fair that women earn the same amount of money than men when it comes to money prizes at nearly every tournament, but I don't find it fair when the tournament is a Grand Slam.
Women play at the best of 3 sets whereas men, play at the best of 5... the effort is not the same, so the prize should be less....
Back to top Go down
freddie

freddie

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:00 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Enjay, to answer your question:
To be honest and with no intention of offending the female tennis... I think we don't talk about it because it's quite boring, slow and with no intensity.
That's how I feel about it when I see a women's match.
And something that I'd like to say: I find fair that women earn the same amount of money than men when it comes to money prizes at nearly every tournament, but I don't find it fair when the tournament is a Grand Slam.
Women play at the best of 3 sets whereas men, play at the best of 5... the effort is not the same, so the prize should be less....

Yes you are right, they should be just happy to be allowed to play tennis whereas they don't do many efforts to smatch the ball, no show at all! They would be so much more useful and spectacular in their kitchen... Wink
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:29 pm

I really enjoy watching women matches this last years.

To all Nadal fans, do not forget Roger is still alive and "good to boogie"... It seems you have buried him a little early last year...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:47 am

Heheh, you're right Hub, but hadn't Nadal been injured, Federer's dream of winning Roland Garros would have been no more than a dream... and I would have loved seeing him crying again lol!

Nadal is back on track and ready to hammer Del Potro.... Djockovic won't be an easy task for Le Swiss....
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:40 am

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:

Nadal is back on track and ready to hammer Del Potro.... Djockovic won't be an easy task for Le Swiss....

Total agreed with you Jon... Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Poor Nadal... he was ready to... to be hammered today, but well done anyway by reaching the semis after his injury. Now, time to rest and concentrate on the 2 remaining Master Series (Paris & Shanghai) and for the Masters Cup in London. Well done by Del Potro, he played terribly good today and in a bit, Le Swiss against The Djocker.... Come on Novak!!!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Unbelievable !! 6-2 / 6-2 / 6-2
Del Potro has "killed" Nadal very quickly and with only one match point !!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 1:45 am

Kim is back and Roger is in final !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 3:34 am

Djockovic played a great match but he got carried away in the 3rd set and he really gave away all the points; he tried to risk a bit but as soon as it went 0-15 he knew he was meant to lose and he didn't even play at all that game... anyway, semis is a bloody good result for anyone!!

Come on, Barrichello!!!
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm

Slim Jon Phantom wrote:
Djockovic played a great match but he got carried away in the 3rd set and he really gave away all the points; he tried to risk a bit but as soon as it went 0-15 he knew he was meant to lose and he didn't even play at all that game... anyway, semis is a bloody good result for anyone!!

Come on, Barrichello!!!

I like you Jon because you always have an explanation for what happens to Roger (the opponent let him win) or Nadal (injured, unlucky,..). You have to admit it's Roger era again.
But it really doesn't matter as Federer is simply the best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TygKHUcT-Ek

Nightmare, nightmare Wink

FC
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Del Potro won the US Open last night after more than 4 hours of hard fight.
Even if this young guy is from Argentina (and deserves his victory), it's probably a great day for some Spanish tennis "fans"...
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Congrats for Del Potro, sorry for Roger Crying or Very sad
C'est la vie...

FC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:11 am

Frenchy,
sure there's is an explanation for everythng and truth is that Nadal has been playing with an injury in his belly.... and Novak, I am not saying that Roger didn't deserve the pass to the final, but Novak could have played a bit harder.
Nonetheless, I am happy because Roger didn't win!!! Did he cry??
I was partying last night, so that I didn't watch it.... but it would have been fun seeing him whining like a kid lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Open starts... TODAY!!   US Open starts... TODAY!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Open starts... TODAY!!
Page 1 of 1