Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!

Go down 
+6
Kid Setzer
Andi
Spanishdavid
Niels Schroeter
Gloria
Rockabilly Ross
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Empty
PostSubject: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:23 pm

So, I'm completly pissed off, no PIT tickets available for the Gibson shows in Los Angeles. It's the only way to see the show and none are available. I guess they are not released to the general public again.

I guess no show this year because the PIT is the only way to really enjoy Brian's guitar playing.

To Brian's management: why are no PIT tickets available again? This happened a few years back. Would have been nice to see the BSO and thank Brian for dedicating Sleep Walk to my mother, but, oh well, I guess it's not to be.

Just the perfect end to a bad year so far tongue

Ross
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Pit tickets were released this morning through the presale if you were lucky enough to know about the presale. I don't know if they are all gone now, but when the presale started, pit tickets were no longer available after about 45 minutes. I wish the powers that be would send the presale emails 24 hours in advance instead of ONE HOUR before the presale starts. I get the emails at home and the only reason I knew about it was because my friend happen to receive the presale email at her work and she contacted me at my work (where I don't get the emails). It doesn't do anyone much good if they can't get enough of a heads up notice about these presales. This is supposed to be a FAN presale site? I see Stub Hub already has pit tickets for sale for both shows.

There is a presale through LiveNation tomorrow, but if there is a password for that presale, hell if I know what it is because I haven't been notified. I got a presale password notice for another artist playing Gibson a few days ago, but I haven't received one for BSO's presale tomorrow (not that it matters). If you have a Citi card you can purchase tickets that way through LiveNation's presale, but I don't know what tickets will be available.

Then of course, there is the general public sale on Saturday.

It's getting to the point where it would just be easier to buy a scalper ticket than to jump through all of the hoops to get info all for buying a desired ticket. Purchasing tickets anymore, for any major artist, is a bigger pain in the ass than driving in L.A.

Last edited by Gloria on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 pm

I did get an email about the presale at 9:00 am this morning!!! Some of us do have to work for a living and can't access the internet until lunch hour. By that time the PIT tickets were gone of course.

I'm VERY disappointed in the managment of the presale tickets!!! The true fans are screwed again ........

Ross

So, does anyone have an extra PIT ticket they want to sell?? PM me if you do.
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Hmmm, I realize this is an afterthought, and I stand by what I said in my above post, but I am grateful for the tickets I got for Gibson and Spotlight 29. Looking forward to seeing Brian sing the old and new! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Niels Schroeter

PostSubject: More Pit Tickets released for Pre-Sale   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:43 am

100 additional pit tickets have been released to the Fan Pre-Sale inventory for each show. Any pit tix not sold during pre-sale will still be available when the general on-sale begins on Saturday.

Pit tickets have ALWAYS been made available to the general public. By the way, most people on the guest list (industry, media, friends and family of band, etc.) prefer seats about 99% of the time.

Click here for pre-sale page: http://bit.ly/ievFF
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:02 am

Someone please give Rockabilly Ross a fast phone call and let him know!!!!

Good luck, amigo.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:07 am

Just left him a voicemail...
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:48 pm

I got your voicemail Andi and I now have my Pit ticket! Yee Haw!

Thank you to Niels for making them available, I owe you and Andi big time !

Sorry for the piss and vinager post yesterday, just had a bad day and year.......

Again, thanks!!

Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:03 pm

I'd just like to make an observation: Obviously the people who purchased the pit tickets in the first presale are big fans - it doesn't make them any less of a fan just because they aren't on the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 pm

[quote="Kid Setzer"]I'd just like to make an observation: Obviously the people who purchased the pit tickets in the first presale are big fans - it doesn't make them any less of a fan just because they aren't on the forum.[/quote]

...except for those wascally enterpwising ticket bwokers who are alweady we-selling those pit tickets acwiwed in the pwe-sale.

Congwats Wockabilly Woss on wanding a pit ticket!
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:27 pm

Elmer Fudd wrote:

...except for those wascally enterpwising ticket bwokers who are alweady we-selling those pit tickets acwiwed in the pwe-sale.

Oh, can we tackle this topic again? I love bitching about ticket brokers and their unfortunate existence.

Oh well, it is America, supply and demand.

Could be worse.... this could be a fan forum for Kanye West.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 6:16 am

Party in da pit!

NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! BSOCHRISTMASAD2009
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:17 am

Tavo, tell us more about the get together you're planning around the Gibby Xmas shows... I'll bring my camera! Very Happy

Sounds like we'll ALL be in the pit! Cool! All the super-fans right up front!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Then the management should book some more security lol!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:56 pm

I wont be in the pit, I hate being that close to people.. need the personal
space! I want a nice seat and no one standing in front of me or I pour beer on their head. NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_twisted NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_twisted NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_twisted

ps. regarding a get together.. ??? Sheraton Grand is across the parking lot. We stayed there last year overnight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 2:36 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I wont be in the pit, I hate being that close to people.. need the personal
space!

Don´t get what I´m about to say in the wrong way.

That´s a very american thing, to have your own space. Over here in Europe, for what I have experienced, at that kind of shows, people would be on top of each other. In fact, for some reason, those gigs are usually wildest. We don´t mind being in touch shoulder to shoulder with the "unknown" next to me. In fact, that gives a different outcome to the gig, cause you can feel the excitement of the people around you. Lots of US bands constantly say they love to play in Europe, cause people goes crazy....and that´s one of the reasons why.

But hey, I´m not criticizing, I´m just sharing what I felt when attending gigs in Spain/France/Italy/UK/Portugal/USA.

We are not better or worse.... we are just different.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 9:28 am

Oh I totally get it and how other cultures have no problem being real close
to one another.
When I was a younger dude I was too was pressed up
to the front of the stage and into the whole experience. I was also always
in the mosh pit when that was a thing to do as well.
..enter 40 something Smile Smile
Now I cant stand it..dont
know..something changed. Dont want to feel someones sweaty ass body
rubbin against my arms, dont want to smell their bad cologne, bad breathe,etc.
at the same time, I'm a married man and I dont need some young, sexy sweet smelling
girl against me either.. Smile ya know? (I mean that is a great thing for a single guy and
a swell fantasy.)
Basically I'm there for the music..
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:56 am

Ok, if it is to avoid the sexy temptations you have all my respect Smile
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:58 am

Ok, if it is to avoid the sexy temptations you have all my respect Smile
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:02 am

...mmmmh sexy temptations in the pit. ha Smile
(we both know things like that are rare..but song worthy)
Back to top Go down
t.man

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 am

[quote
ps. regarding a get together.. ??? Sheraton Grand is across the parking lot. We stayed there last year overnight.[/quote]

If you hope to stay at the Sheraton Universal, or the other hotel on site (I think it's a Hilton), make your reservations NOW. These hotels sell out very far in advance on show dates. When we saw the Universal show that was made into a DVD about five or six years ago, we had to stay at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn across the freeway, and that was with several weeks' notice.

As long as you get there really early, the outdoor bar that is maybe 50 yards from the venue is also pretty cool.

Mrs. T Man and I won't be at Gibson this year. Look for us at the first Santa Rosa show on December 26. I'll probably try to schedule some sort of gathering for that show as well. Baby D-Man was born on June 18 with a full head of hair. If you show up for our Santa Rosa gathering, you might even get a chance to see him.

Rock on,

T in San Jose
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:08 am

t.man wrote:
[quote
ps. regarding a get together.. ??? Sheraton Grand is across the parking lot. We stayed there last year overnight.

If you hope to stay at the Sheraton Universal, or the other hotel on site (I think it's a Hilton), make your reservations NOW. These hotels sell out very far in advance on show dates. When we saw the Universal show that was made into a DVD about five or six years ago, we had to stay at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn across the freeway, and that was with several weeks' notice.

As long as you get there really early, the outdoor bar that is maybe 50 yards from the venue is also pretty cool.

Mrs. T Man and I won't be at Gibson this year. Look for us at the first Santa Rosa show on December 26. I'll probably try to schedule some sort of gathering for that show as well. Baby D-Man was born on June 18 with a full head of hair. If you show up for our Santa Rosa gathering, you might even get a chance to see him.

Rock on,

T in San Jose[/quote]

I called them the day before the gig and got a room pretty easily. Not to be contradicting but the hotel was a ghost town last time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!   NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NO PIT TICKETS AGAIN FOR GIBSON SHOW !!!
Page 1 of 1