Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Empty
PostSubject: Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne   Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 4:02 pm

if you'd like to hear a gretsch 6120 that has a dynasonic in the neck
pos and tvjones classic in the bridge with a nocturne
give a listen (i didnt think it was fair to put my chubby
ass in the "videos" of you section).

Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne   Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Ah Tavo, you've got me gassing now...............

I was waiting to hear how the nocturne would sound through a deluxe reverb.

What was the volume on the amp? As you know the DR starts to get a little hairy with the vol over 4 with a Gretsch (well mine does anyway)

Cheers
John

(Just out of curiosity, what do you bias your DR at?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne   Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:03 pm

JC wrote:
Ah Tavo, you've got me gassing now...............

I was waiting to hear how the nocturne would sound through a deluxe reverb.

What was the volume on the amp? As you know the DR starts to get a little hairy with the vol over 4 with a Gretsch (well mine does anyway)

Cheers
John

(Just out of curiosity, what do you bias your DR at?)

As you heard.. the Nocturne into it, all was nice and clean..wasnt up Loud.. but I dont remember what volume.
That amp has a 50wt Celestion Alnico Gold in it..so it stays tighter longer..although not as clean as a V30..
re: headroom Just plug into the "humbucker" input, slight pad gives the gretsch more headroom.

btw.. I got rid of my Dlx. 'Verb a while back. I've got
a 6G2 Princeton right now, I was doing sound bites at a buddies pad.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne   Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:18 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I've got

How is the 6G2? Besides a 6G6-B, this is the other amp that I feel like is a must have.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne   Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:06 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I've got

How is the 6G2? Besides a 6G6-B, this is the other amp that I feel like is a must have.

gonna do another video today with my 6G2. recapped it with orange drops and sprague caps. Vox blue speaker.. Its so warm and articulate not so
clinical blackface, yet all the highs are chimey vintage fender.
I found the chassis on ebay in near mint condition but of course all the original mallory paper caps had to be replaced. Had my supplier build
a 1x12 repro cab w/ aged grillclothe.

anyway I built a tele from an america neck, roadworn body and loaded
it with tvjones p90 neck and classic+ bridge. Figured it would be good to let other style alt-rock/country twangers hear what a Nocturne
pedal can do with a filtertron-p90 loaded tele into an open back combo.

Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne S7301617
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne   Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:24 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I've got

gonna do another video today with my 6G2. recapped it with orange drops and sprague caps. Vox blue speaker.. Its so warm and articulate not so
clinical blackface, yet all the highs are chimey vintage fender.
I found the chassis on ebay in near mint condition but of course all the original mallory paper caps had to be replaced. Had my supplier build
a 1x12 repro cab w/ aged grillclothe.

anyway I built a tele from an america neck, roadworn body and loaded
it with tvjones p90 neck and classic+ bridge. Figured it would be good to let other style alt-rock/country twangers hear what a Nocturne
pedal can do with a filtertron-p90 loaded tele into an open back combo.

Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne S7301617

awesome tele...it reminds me of a Creston tele build. I must have been living in a hole because I was not aware that TV Jones was making p-90's. that'd be interesting to see a Jazzmaster build with some TV jones pickups in them...the J Macis purple sparkle would definitely be a killer!

I need to start hunting more for some deals on the brownfaces. I was browsing eBay this past weekend and a shop here actually has one of the center volume brownface supers for auction...I about peed my pants when I saw that. I need to swing by to see if they still have a store front or if they're only an online vintage dealer these days. I'll have to watch that video...gretsches brownface fenders and a nocturne...what's there not to like?!?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne   Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Youre not living in a hole, these are a new product. I'm a tvjones dealer and these were fresh out of the oven, should be avail to the public now. Shown at the Summer Namm show, they are a new item you can see em demo'd at his website btw..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne   Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynasonic 6120W into silverface dlx. w/ vox gold, and Nocturne
Page 1 of 1