Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Why I'm not buying the new album

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-04-18
Location : Valencia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:22 am

IŽll find out the name of the company IŽm talking about... I forgot it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett

avatar

Posts : 993
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 am

ì know them all... Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Spanishdavid

avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-04-18
Location : Valencia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:39 am

are you in the business? give the BSO a break and bring them on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett

avatar

Posts : 993
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:04 am

yes, i am. But we work for agencies or promoter.
We do all the Light/LED and Sound Job (maybe you notice the ESC this year in Moscow, the Light and the Videopart was from our Company.) My job is to handle the logistic part. Trucking, Airfreight and seafreight arrangments.
But i never had the opportunity to work for the Cats or BSO... Sad


But i think the point is clear, people are disapointed if their favorite Artits don`t come to play live. And i am too or can understand this. But i also know how it works and how much money it costs. So it`s not a greedy or mean thing by Artits, but for sure a buisness thing. They have to calculate like we all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
tvthewiredturtle

avatar

Posts : 3635
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 103
Location : so cal.

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:40 am

current U2 tour has yet to break even according to their
manager. Sez the tour is costing $750.000 a day whether or not the band performs.
The set cost 40 million bucks to build and requires 120 trucks alone just for the staging.
500 people on the payroll...

that is some fun!! Smile drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator



Posts : 507
Join date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:02 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
current U2 tour has yet to break even according to their
manager. Sez the tour is costing $750.000 a day whether or not the band performs.
The set cost 40 million bucks to build and requires 120 trucks alone just for the staging.
500 people on the payroll...

that is some fun!! Smile drunken drunken

I thought for sure you could fit that into an Econoline and a tow-a-long Uhaul trailer scratch

no wonder guitarists are using more small combo amps and not using a great wall of 4x12 stacks these days...being a roadie doesn't seem all that bad of a gig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

avatar

Posts : 3635
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 103
Location : so cal.

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:14 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
current U2 tour has yet to break even according to their
manager. Sez the tour is costing $750.000 a day whether or not the band performs.
The set cost 40 million bucks to build and requires 120 trucks alone just for the staging.
500 people on the payroll...

that is some fun!! Smile drunken drunken

...being a roadie doesn't seem all that bad of a gig

tell my wife that rabbit
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
MEMPHISSUN

avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:49 am

Like someone wrote...way back...Elvis never rocked here,but his stff still sell"s!.

Go on,buy it,and enjoy!.


king king king
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hankgarland.com
disappointed



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
The set cost 40 million bucks to build and requires 120 trucks alone just for the staging.
500 people on the payroll...

That's just disgusting when Bono goes on about famine in Africa all the time.

If they're losing money on their tour, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Their ticket prices are ridiculous and that can't even make up the deficit... so basically, nobody wins.

And that's before we even get to my opinion of their MUSIC Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanishdavid

avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-04-18
Location : Valencia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I seriously doubt U2 looses money EVER. Mainly, cause they donŽt usually make money off their ticket sales, but the contracts they sign with local promoters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanishdavid

avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-04-18
Location : Valencia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Brett wrote:
. But i also know how it works and how much money it costs. So it`s not a greedy or mean thing by Artits, but for sure a buisness thing. They have to calculate like we all...

I hear you, man. My brother is a promoter here in Spain. I work for him sometimes.

Next gig we have is Depeche Mode. Not my favorite, but IŽll be there. Next year, AC/DC. That will be a bit more interesting Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

avatar

Posts : 3635
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 103
Location : so cal.

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:47 pm

I hold Bono in the highest regard and he is one rich mother but he
does more with his power for the hopeless than pretty much any rocker.. U2 is my all time favorite living "rock" band..dont care what anyone sez.. The Edge F'n rulezzzz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator



Posts : 507
Join date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:07 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I hold Bono in the highest regard and he is one rich mother but he
does more with his power for the hopeless than pretty much any rocker.. U2 is my all time favorite living "rock" band..dont care what anyone sez.. The Edge F'n rulezzzz.

Can't knock U2 if it wasn't partly for Rattle and Hum on VHS, I may never had an interest in playing guitar. Though, I couldn't really get into them in the 90's aside from the odd song...80's U2 is no joke to me, though.

and the last time they came through Omaha, I got screwed by the ticketmaster lotto system. I was pretty close to front in the line then they did the lotto thing and I just missed out on the tickets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

avatar

Posts : 3635
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 103
Location : so cal.

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:30 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I hold Bono in the highest regard and he is one rich mother but he
does more with his power for the hopeless than pretty much any rocker.. U2 is my all time favorite living "rock" band..dont care what anyone sez.. The Edge F'n rulezzzz.

Can't knock U2 if it wasn't partly for Rattle and Hum on VHS, I may never had an interest in playing guitar. Though, I couldn't really get into them in the 90's aside from the odd song...80's U2 is no joke to me, though.

and the last time they came through Omaha, I got screwed by the ticketmaster lotto system. I was pretty close to front in the line then they did the lotto thing and I just missed out on the tickets.

I am a bad fan as I didnt buy the new album... been too focused on my first love.. rawka rawka billy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator



Posts : 507
Join date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I hold Bono in the highest regard and he is one rich mother but he
does more with his power for the hopeless than pretty much any rocker.. U2 is my all time favorite living "rock" band..dont care what anyone sez.. The Edge F'n rulezzzz.

Can't knock U2 if it wasn't partly for Rattle and Hum on VHS, I may never had an interest in playing guitar. Though, I couldn't really get into them in the 90's aside from the odd song...80's U2 is no joke to me, though.

and the last time they came through Omaha, I got screwed by the ticketmaster lotto system. I was pretty close to front in the line then they did the lotto thing and I just missed out on the tickets.

I am a bad fan as I didnt buy the new album... been too focused on my first love.. rawka rawka billy!

don't feel bad, I haven't picked it up either. I probably won't have a problem picking it up at a later date, though it seems like everytime I go to a store the music shelf is getting smaller and smaller.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jess

avatar

Posts : 209
Join date : 2008-05-03
Age : 49
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
Brett wrote:
. But i also know how it works and how much money it costs. So it`s not a greedy or mean thing by Artits, but for sure a buisness thing. They have to calculate like we all...

I hear you, man. My brother is a promoter here in Spain. I work for him sometimes.

Next gig we have is Depeche Mode. Not my favorite, but IŽll be there. Next year, AC/DC. That will be a bit more interesting Wink

AC/DC rocks, saw them in Copenhagen this year, hell yeah they rock.
As my wife said after the show, "150 minuts normally is a bit too much, but I want more"
By the way, don't spend your money on Green Day this time, what a great circus and less rock'n'roll
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.taggytones.dk
Spanishdavid

avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-04-18
Location : Valencia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Jess wrote:

By the way, don't spend your money on Green Day this time, what a great circus and less rock'n'roll


Never ever been in my "things to do" list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett

avatar

Posts : 993
Join date : 2008-09-05
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
Brett wrote:
. But i also know how it works and how much money it costs. So it`s not a greedy or mean thing by Artits, but for sure a buisness thing. They have to calculate like we all...

I hear you, man. My brother is a promoter here in Spain. I work for him sometimes.

Next gig we have is Depeche Mode. Not my favorite, but IŽll be there. Next year, AC/DC. That will be a bit more interesting Wink

ACDC is back on the road next year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Spanishdavid

avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-04-18
Location : Valencia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:36 pm

yes. Sometime June and July, in Europe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

avatar

Posts : 330
Join date : 2008-09-09
Age : 53
Location : Kerry. Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:12 pm

I saw AC/DC in Dublin in June. They were so good that it hurt. Great stage show , great songs , great guitar , great Rock n Roll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slim Jon Phantom

avatar

Posts : 2157
Join date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:29 pm

I doubt very much those huge bands like U2 or AC/DC will ever lose a singe dime... the scenery, stage, logistics... is way too expensive, but sure they make a good money out of it, otherwise they wouldn't go on tour, would they??? Besides, some of those tours are sponsered by some trademarks like Coke or whatsoever, so that sometimes the band already knows what they are going to earn even though they don't break even at all from the ticket sales....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.straycatscollectors.com
Spanishdavid

avatar

Posts : 689
Join date : 2008-04-18
Location : Valencia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:25 pm

U2 makes around 3 million a night. Don't tell me they loose money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi

avatar

Posts : 1474
Join date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:29 am

Speaking of U2, this Sunday you can watch their Pasadena Rose Bowl concert live, for free, on YouTube - the first time YouTube has ever broadcasted a live show in its entirety. More details here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slim Jon Phantom

avatar

Posts : 2157
Join date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:49 am

And tomorrow Wednesday, the presentation of Robbie Williams' latest album!! I love him, he's a real good entertainer and musician/songwriter
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.straycatscollectors.com
pony65k

avatar

Posts : 684
Join date : 2008-09-07
Age : 50
Location : Adelaide, South Australia

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:11 pm

In my opinion and it's only that, I wait with baited breath for any artist I love to release new music and then devour it with pleasure. To me that's the number one thing. If then that artist decides to tour, then that's my bonus.

Do yourself a favour, buy the CD and enjoy it. If the BSO tour on it well then good luck to you because I just assume I won't get to see them play unless I go to Japan, which could always be an option if things fall into place.

The best of luck to you.

Regards,

René
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   

Back to top Go down
 
Why I'm not buying the new album
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Third Day album coming Oct. 19
» Darkwater - New Album Update
» Fades Away - New Album!!
» New Tourniquet Album Update!!
» Weirdest album cover contest

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: All things Setzer-
Jump to: