Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Why I'm not buying the new album

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
sidelake bob

avatar

Posts : 681
Join date : 2008-09-08
Age : 48
Location : In the heart of Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 am

disappointed wrote:
disappointed wrote:
Maybe I'll return to this thread in October every year and we'll see how long it takes for things to change... IF they do...


Two years on from my original post.

Still disappointed.

Did you miss the Riot tour? affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andi

avatar

Posts : 1474
Join date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:47 pm

disappointed wrote:
Two years on from my original post.

Still disappointed.

Okay, you've been disappointed for over two years now, and you've let us all know about it. What does this accomplish?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

avatar

Posts : 3635
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 103
Location : so cal.

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Andi wrote:
disappointed wrote:
Two years on from my original post.

Still disappointed.

Okay, you've been disappointed for over two years now, and you've let us all know about it. What does this accomplish?

i dunno, I thought about just axing this thread but I gotta give points for faithfulness.. 2 yrs strong! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
disappointed



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:28 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Andi wrote:
disappointed wrote:
Two years on from my original post.

Still disappointed.

Okay, you've been disappointed for over two years now, and you've let us all know about it. What does this accomplish?

i dunno, I thought about just axing this thread but I gotta give points for faithfulness.. 2 yrs strong! Smile

Wow, hope you don't axe every thread where someone doesn't praise Brian.

I should point out that it's only 2 years since the thread started. It's more like 12 years since the BSO was in the UK, so really the countdown should've started much further back.

And to sidelake bob: of course I didn't miss the Riot tour. It's just that the Riot tour was a completely different band to the one this thread is actually about. And therefore irrelevant. But thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

avatar

Posts : 3635
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 103
Location : so cal.

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:49 pm

disappointed wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Andi wrote:
disappointed wrote:
Two years on from my original post.

Still disappointed.

Okay, you've been disappointed for over two years now, and you've let us all know about it. What does this accomplish?

i dunno, I thought about just axing this thread but I gotta give points for faithfulness.. 2 yrs strong! Smile

Wow, hope you don't axe every thread where someone doesn't praise Brian.

I should point out that it's only 2 years since the thread started. It's more like 12 years since the BSO was in the UK, so really the countdown should've started much further back.

And to sidelake bob: of course I didn't miss the Riot tour. It's just that the Riot tour was a completely different band to the one this thread is actually about. And therefore irrelevant. But thanks anyway.


Youre really missing the point, its an old dead thread and its got some things not so great on it.. it has no value other than your sentiment posts ages ago and brought up again.. the point. Start a new thread and let this dead dog lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Rickabilly

avatar

Posts : 948
Join date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:59 pm

It's time to give up the ghost. You don't want to support future BSO projects? Guess what? It sounds like you won't have to. The BSO ain't comin'. Apparently, according to that latest interview in the Swedish mag, they won't be recording again, either. But I think it's worth pointing out that there were a couple of European BSO shows since the original post, and a landmark show in Montreal that was filmed for the "It's Gonna Rock, Because That's What I Do" DVD. Other than some possible future "from the vaults" releases, it sounds as though you are stuck with the BSO's body of work to date. There's some damn fine albums in the catalogue. Long live the BSO!

The potential for a new rockabilly album out of Setzer is quite exciting. Despite the differentiation between Stray Cats, Trio, 68 CBS, the BSO, the Nashvillains, and the Riot Squad, it's all Setzer. Whether you get Wolfgang, Ignition, The Knife, Stray Cats, 13, or Setzer Goes Instrumental, it's all Brian Setzer. You don't have to like it all, but with the nearly schizophrenic variety in his canon of creativity, you can jump off the train any time, and you'll probably get back on the next time it comes around.

Multiple Personality Disorder-billy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scatcatcnut

avatar

Posts : 216
Join date : 2008-09-08
Location : Manchester, England

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:30 am

Don't kill the thread! Lets see how things progress every twelve months! Seriously though I don't think a bit of negativity is a bad thing. We are all fairly hardcore Setzer fans by definition or else why are we on the site in the first place. Criticism here is tempered by the fact that we've all probably bought - and will continue to buy - pretty much anything/everything the man puts out.

I can't stand the Xmas albums, have only played Wolfgang twice, didn't even buy Lonely Avenue - and have some reservations about the last album but I still went to the Manchester gig in June and I still have practically everything else ever committed to vinyl/CD since day one inc numerous overseas releases/bootlegs etc and enough memorabilia to fill a library - like the majority of posters on this site. I think we've all earned the right to moan - is good to get stuff off your chest!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donpepe



Posts : 358
Join date : 2008-05-04
Age : 54
Location : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:19 am

Wolfgang is the only BS album that I don't like. Just not my cup of tea. I listen to classical music every noe and then
but I guess I prefer it as it is. I TRIED to like the album, heh heh, but I had to give up. All the other BS or BSO recordings ave
great music, even the Xmas records, I enjoy them!

What he should do next?? I don't know, i think he'll let us know when he knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why I'm not buying the new album   

Back to top Go down
 
Why I'm not buying the new album
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» New Third Day album coming Oct. 19
» Darkwater - New Album Update
» Fades Away - New Album!!
» New Tourniquet Album Update!!
» Weirdest album cover contest

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: All things Setzer-
Jump to: