Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Empty
PostSubject: Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"   Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:01 am

Now the father is in deep crap:

Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Balloonlands460
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"   Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:56 am

I had never heard of these people before Thursday; since then, they've been all over the media here.

While the story was breaking, I was concerned and caught up in the drama. Now, having seen video of some of family's past TV appearances, combined with what happened on the Larry King show, I have no doubt it was all staged.

I feel bad for the little kid at the center of it all, having his dad make him lie to the world.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"   Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:52 am

Poor little 6 yr. old kid. He's taking it so hard that every time someone asks him about it, he gets physically sick. I'm sure it sounded like great fun to begin with, but when the spotlight began to show on him, it wasn't so fun anymore. If this was a publicity stunt, it was a pretty creative one...but the costs are way too high for someone's fifteen minutes of fame that was clearly used up a long time ago.

I'm glad that the kid's okay, I just hope that it's not something that he will never live down. His parents however, have shown their true colors to the world. Let them take the brunt of this. Let the proper authorities investigate the situation, and have the media quiet on this. No more free air time, the curiosity and sensationalism of it all is over.

Besides, I just got a new cd I need to listen to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"   Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:40 am

At minute 0.44, right after the kid says: "we did this for the show", the father literally "farts".... check it out.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"   Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:13 pm

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/colorado-sheriff-balloon-boy-case-a-hoax-2009-10-18

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- The "balloon boy" case that sparked international media news attention Thursday was a hoax that will result in criminal charges against the boy's parents, Larimer County, Colo., Sheriff Jim Alderden said Sunday.

Richard and Mayumi Heene concocted the hoax -- that their 6-year-old son, Falcon was in a helium balloon that broke away from its mooring and was drifting over Northern Colorado -- hoping to market themselves for a reality television show, Alderden said.
Balloon Boy's Parents Face Charges

Parents of the boy in the Colorado wayward balloon chase now face criminal charges over the much publicized incident. Video courtesy of Reuters.

The world's news media was riveted as authorities, believing the boy was in the balloon and helpless, tried to figure out how to rescue him.

The balloon's gondola was empty when it landed about 50 miles from the Keene home in Fort Collins, Colo.

The boy later was found safe at home.

"They put on a very good show for us," Alderden said, "and we bought it. We have since learned that these people are actors."

Alderden called a news conference Sunday after deputies searched the residence and interviewed the parents.

He said charges likely will include conspiracy, contributing to delinquency of minor and filing a false report.

Alderden said he also will be talking to Federal Aviation Administration and other federal authorities about possible federal charges.

Neither parent has been arrested. They have three sons, aged 6 to 10. Falcon, the son involved in the alleged hoax, is the youngest. [i]
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"   Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Some people just want fame....and will risk anything for it. I don't get it, but it's not for me to understand.

I feel bad for the kids (and possibly the wife) who were used as pawns in this elaborate scheme.

Here's to a happy ending for them,
hrg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"   Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:06 pm

Lol... funny fart!! That's politeness, but wtf, that's nice to see!
I'm really looking forward to seeing a news presenter laughing his/her ass off!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"   Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balloon Boy: "We did this for the show"
Page 1 of 1