Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Empty
PostSubject: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:49 am

Hey all! In another thread I mentioned the Pete Yorn/Scarlett Johansson cd. I heard the tune below and got hooked.

Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:12 am

Pete Yorn is pretty good, but ScarJo is good to look at!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:30 am

I'm impressed. She's got that Amy Winehouse/Duffy kind of quality to her voice - it seems like that'd be pretty tough to pull off if you don't have it naturally. I'd love to hear her do something torchy. Thank you Rick!
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:36 am

Thank you Andi for the instructions and feedback! I agree about the voice tone you mentioned. I love any female voice with even a hint of the Billie Holliday tone. Her voice and the melody are what hooked me I think. The cd itself is very well crafted.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:38 am

help me, help me... Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:41 am

TV, I thought you would dig it. Here's a live performance of the same song:

Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:51 am

Nice voice but no matter how I try to listen, I can't find the Billie Holiday part Wink But hey, it's ok, there will never
be another one like her. Let's enjoy ther voice as it is. MUCH better than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:04 am

Some country flavor:

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:23 am

I will pay anyone $50 to get that hippie a proper quiff n a shave,
good voice but sheeze.. we cant have commies singin with
beautiful girls. Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_pirat
Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Scarlett-johansson-627480
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:35 am

Good thing I got my hair cut off and it's off somewhere being made into a wig, I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a hippie...The beard needs to stay, though. Winter is approaching, I don't want to feel the chilled winter wind blasting my bare cheeks.

I've seen Pete Yorn a few times, and he puts on a great show and has some good songs. Part of me likes him, but part of me feels like some of his songs are "lite" versions of his influences. He does a pretty good cover of Suspicious Minds and Atlantic City. Apparently he was in Omaha for a few months last year recording his album that was released this summer.

While Scarlett may be a little better to look at, Zooey Daechanel (sp) has a much better voice IMO. The duet album she did with M.Ward "She & Him" is great...doesn't hurt that she has that "pretty in a quirky way" and M. Ward is a good musician and songwriter.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:54 am

Wow, thanks for that pic TV! I'm not familiar with any of Pete's catalog. I was watching VH1 one morning and saw the original clip for Relator posted above and thought the female voice and melody were reminiscent of Katherine Whalen of Squirrel Nut Zippers. I was surprised to see it was Scarlett.

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:31 am

Zooey Deschanel is one of my favorite actresses in the lite catagory, but ya she has a cool voice. Distinct! Then again Gwenyth Paltro (too lazy to spell check dont care) can belt out the tunes with great timbre.

can Sara Maclaughlin act? Smile Her voice resonates deep in my soul.
Scarlett Johansen just makes me resonate ...
Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Scarlett%20dahlia
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:54 am

I know what 'ya mean!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn   Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scarlett Johansson and Pete Yorn
Page 1 of 1