Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

musicians on the internet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

musicians on the internet Empty
PostSubject: musicians on the internet   musicians on the internet Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:20 pm

There are a couple musicians, John Mayer and Jamie Cullum, who have managed to hold my interest for a long time simply because of their regular and personal presence online - I even blogged about it today. The fact of the matter is I'll be buying their new albums because I think they're cool guys, AND because I like their music. If they weren't so interesting online I might not be a "definite" buyer.

(If you haven't heard of him yet, check out Jamie Cullum:)

So anyway: Are there musicians you dig who do the internet thing themselves?
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: musicians on the internet   musicians on the internet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 am

Cool sounds Andi!!!
Well, I've very often been saying good stuff about Boppin' B because they're great musicians and they're keeping a very close contact to their fans, and so they do on the internet. On every of their Gigs they take photos to post them on their website, and they keep a Diary where they write about every Show. It's kinda cool to see how a Gig you went to was for them. And they always keep the Fans updated with everything new. At the moment they're working on a new Album and so they even recorded Videos in the Studio.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: musicians on the internet   musicians on the internet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:49 am

I like the Jamie Callum track, although I got an error msg when I tried to play the first one. I like the concept of what Boppin' B are doing too. I think the internet channel can be a very effective marketing tool as well as a means of keeping in contact with a fan base. It's interesting to me to see how artists, established as well as up and coming, are using internet channels such as youtube, myspace, fb, etc.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: musicians on the internet   musicians on the internet Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:40 am

Rick, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTkddf_hehk&

Webby, thanks for the Boppin' B info! Actually, you're a never-ending well of introductions to fantastic new bands... thanks for ALL of that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: musicians on the internet   musicians on the internet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

musicians on the internet
Page 1 of 1