Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ROCKHOUSE!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

ROCKHOUSE!! Empty
PostSubject: ROCKHOUSE!!   ROCKHOUSE!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:00 am

For all of you guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGR7frBPS8

This is the wildest that a song can be done!!!
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

ROCKHOUSE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKHOUSE!!   ROCKHOUSE!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:21 am

Thanks for posting that! Rockhouse is one of my favorites from the Rockabilly Riot album. Great guitar work in this version.
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

ROCKHOUSE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKHOUSE!!   ROCKHOUSE!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:39 am

Nice one Jon, I've wanted to see this so much since I lost my video of it Sad
I think this is an incredible version!
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

ROCKHOUSE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKHOUSE!!   ROCKHOUSE!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:40 am

Thank you Slim Jon.

This absolute killer has long been one of my favorite Stray Cats performances. They kick ass big time on this one. As far as I know, this is the only live performance of Rockhouse by them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com

ROCKHOUSE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKHOUSE!!   ROCKHOUSE!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:22 am

I've got this clip from long ago, I remember that the briansetzer.de webmaster, sent me a VHS some years ago with some clips and stuff that I had never seen before, neither I knew about them. When I watched this performance.... I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing (I can't believe my eyes and I'm losing my mind... I hear a rockin' beat and I go go go go!!!) - However, this version on Rockabilly Riot is by far, one of the ones I don't like at all.... my fav I think it's Red Hot and Lonely Weekends.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

ROCKHOUSE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKHOUSE!!   ROCKHOUSE!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:00 am

Man. I've been listening to Lonely Ave so exclusively I think I forgot that Setzer can totally rock my socks off. That was great Jon, thanks for the link.

I think I also need to get "Rock Tokyo." I'd forgotten how much I love the electric-drill quality of his growl in the Blast Off era - I had that on VHS but couldn't get past the billyhawk he was sporting for that show.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

ROCKHOUSE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKHOUSE!!   ROCKHOUSE!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:51 am

Go Lee, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ROCKHOUSE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: ROCKHOUSE!!   ROCKHOUSE!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROCKHOUSE!!
Page 1 of 1