Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer signature creepers

Go down 
+17
steve
Davidmk
I'm Incinerator
Pirate Paul
Sharky
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
Aussie_Sam
donpepe
Guitarmaniac
Rockabilly Ross
badkitty
lonesomecat
tvthewiredturtle
whobeagle
Hot Rod Girl
Amity
Andi
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Diggey

Diggey

Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:15 pm

I am not sure what I am looking at to be honest. What is the Blue part? Is that a giant wing or what is that? I'm not seeing the shoe part, unless they are saying this will be the upcoming color. Am I missing it?

Secondly, you could always take a bandsaw to the soles of the tall creepers to get the look and get the tread lower. Its easy since since they are flat and straight for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Diggey wrote:
I am not sure what I am looking at to be honest. What is the Blue part? Is that a giant wing or what is that? I'm not seeing the shoe part, unless they are saying this will be the upcoming color. Am I missing it?

Correct- it's just a color swatch with the crossed guitars to show what color the shoes will be and what the logo-y thing on 'em will look like. I think it's cool that they were so excited to show the fans that they didn't even wait till a prototype was finished.

EDIT: Now that I look at it again, it would appear the tongue is going to be black. I wonder if the top will be as well. In any case those are gonna be some interesting looking shoes. Definitely not for the wallflowers.
Back to top Go down
talldave

talldave

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 7:26 am

I might be totally wrong but I think it's pretty obvious what the blue part will be. Looks to me it's the shape of the side of the shoe, leaving the tongue and the front piece untouched.
If that is the case, the crossing guitars logo should appear on the side of the shoe (under the ankle).
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:18 pm

but that blue is really ugly...
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 3:56 pm

I've just messed around with this on PhotoShop just to try and see what the over all look of the creepers will be like.
(I have had to use a leather creeper though because I couldn't find a suede shoe with the white decor on top)

Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Creepers

I don't think they look that bad tongue

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:26 am

Pretty good job, Pirate Paul. I took pics of the creepers on display in Vegas - they said you could purchase them from TUK's (terrible) website but I just wandered around it and had no luck finding them - or a price. In any case, here's what they look like - blue/black leather and I guess "natural" suede (they aren't as white as they appear).

Anybody know what the "R" in Brian R Setzer stands for? Just curious...

Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Creeps1

Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Creeps2

Last edited by Andi on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:56 am

Aye Andi,
that R stands for Robert: Brian Robert Setzer, named after his father. That's his name in full.

If you have a look at some pictures of the BSO Xmas Tour 2004 or even the DVD Xmas Extravaganza during the Trio section, you'll find Brian wearing a red shirt with the initials BRS in white at the shirt pocket height.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 1:50 pm

Brian Rocker Setzer Smile
Back to top Go down
Diggey

Diggey

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm going to have to find a pair and if anyone knows where and can PM or Post that'd be cool!!! Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:54 pm

I dont understand the cheapo soles.. real creepers are crepe rubber. I dig the
white..the other color is just fugly. There's a place I buy some of my shoes from
in fullerton called "ipsofacto" and if they cant these, no one can. Then again Hot Topic
probably has first dibs on those fugly ones. clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer signature creepers   Setzer signature creepers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setzer signature creepers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2