Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bruce Springsteen

Go down 
+4
enjay07
webelvis
Twenty Flight Rick
Andi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:27 pm

How can it be possible that I am only now learning how fricking cool Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are?! Of course they have waay way more to offer than oldies covers, but the excitement and energy in this particular one make it too much fun not to post here, for anyone who is a fan of early rock 'n' roll.

I think his version completely slays the 1961 original by Gary US Bonds:

Thank you for the ongoing introduction, TFR!!
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:15 am

Bruce is the man!
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:24 am

This was taken from his first show overseas at the Hammersmith Odeon in London, '75. He was pissed off at Columbia for the way they overpromoted his shows and the Born To Run album, so he hardly spoke during the show. For many years, this show was considered subpar and languished in the vaults until it was digitally restored many years later.
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:18 pm

I really like his stuff from the Seeger sessions, this one is my favorite:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
enjay07

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Not to derail the thread, but Eric Clapton has some really good, not so well known songs that I love too. I'll try to scrounge some up, but I'm dog tired tonight. Thanks for the thread dedicated to the man, Bruce. Wink
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:59 pm

Oh boy I have a feeling this thread is gonna cost me some money if we're gonna talk Clapton too!! Hahaa!!

Webby that is awesome!!

Tonight this song just became my favorite Springsteen tune of all, but then I've got a lot more to hear:

Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Just wait till you hear the live versions of this track! Smokin' guitar work, deep lyrics, great groove! As an FYI... I'm presenting Springsteen's catalog in chronological order. That's why Andi posted a clip from '75. Webby I agree about the Sessions Band era, but we're not there yet! Hold on buddy! BTW, Webby you have great taste in music. I dig that you're into ragtime and I liked the clip you posted with your band.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:09 am

Springsteen covers Stray Cats cover (or is it the other way around)
Either way great version of Moon Mullicans 'Seven Nights To Rock'

Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:15 am

It's Bruce covering Moon Mullican. That's a great version BTW from '03.
Back to top Go down
Davidmk

Davidmk

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

I love Bruce , saw him two times this past tour , guy plays over 3 hours & just keeps going ...
I love the Album "the River" , even his last two albums i enjoy a lot ...
Back to top Go down
Fabdad

Fabdad

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Good stuff indeed!
Back to top Go down
bozman007

bozman007

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:07 pm

One of the best.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bruce Springsteen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Springsteen   Bruce Springsteen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Springsteen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: Other Artists-
Jump to: