Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luxtone amps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
I'm Incinerator

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 1:20 pm

I was perusing the surfguitar101 site and saw that someone else was making a 6G6-B repro (Blonde B)...not sure of the price...it said e-mail for price and info. I will have to do that.

He also makes the 6G15 reverb tank, a 5E7 tweed bandmaster and 5E3 deluxe.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:05 pm

marshamps.com?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
ruger9

ruger9

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:46 pm

no, Luxtone amps, apparently no website yet. Just a post announcing their existence on the Surf101 forums and a twitter account.

Pics of the amps on Surf101...

Their 6G6 is called the "Blondie B".

I've emailed for pricing & info.
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:01 pm

fast email reply from luxtone...

The Blondie-B head is $1625.00 plus shipping.
Cabinet is $650 w/ Celestion Vintage 30's .

Cool that they don't use jensens... they use Setzer-approved V30s!

Pricing isn't bad, but when you can get a Marsh for $1145...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:15 pm

ruger9 wrote:
fast email reply from luxtone...

The Blondie-B head is $1625.00 plus shipping.
Cabinet is $650 w/ Celestion Vintage 30's .

Cool that they don't use jensens... they use Setzer-approved V30s!

Pricing isn't bad, but when you can get a Marsh for $1145...

you sure that aint Gomez renaming hisself? $1600 is expensive.
I'm building one this coming winter at cost for $900 with just a normal channel but
marsh does the basic 6G6-B for $1K
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:22 am

I'm not sure it's NOT Gomez, but Gomez isn't mentioned...

And now the thread is gone. Don't know if the mods moved it or pulled it (for being advertising), but I can't find it anywhere on SurfGuitar101 anymore.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 am

Lux-tone has a myspace site...not very descript, but it shows pics of his builds.
Looks like he has control faceplates and back panels made...rough blonde tolex and looks like wheat grillcloth. I haven't checked my e-mail yet to see his response.

1625 + s/h? For that price you can get a Gomez and Dario doesn't charge s/h for his amps, IIRC?

It's almost getting to the point where a good vintage speciman is more valuable even with a full revamp of caps and resistors just for the transformers.

I'm not too haste on getting one, there is still a wedding coming up in 10 months for me, and the lady to be has a knee reconstruction surgery coming up in a few weeks. So, no gear purchases for a little while atleast.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:43 am

i hear about med expenses! btw..ig you find an early silverface AB165 ($600)you can "reblonde" the normal channel and put the presence control in the back. usually runs $100. repro blonde head cabs $200
or tolex urself for $40.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
i hear about med expenses! btw..ig you find an early silverface AB165 ($600)you can "reblonde" the normal channel and put the presence control in the back. usually runs $100. repro blonde head cabs $200
or tolex urself for $40.

This is going to be the fourth knee surgery in two years (3 on the left knee, first at the end of the month one for the right. I'm very thankful I have good knees for now...).
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:57 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
or tolex urself for $40.

This is going to be the fourth knee surgery in two years (3 on the left knee, first at the end of the month one for the right. I'm very thankful I have good knees for now...).

hope you got good insurance.. We have to pay for our own and my kid
just broke his arm last month. I owe the hospital $1000 AFTER insurance coverage... SUCKS but I'm glad he didnt break the growth plate or there would have been major surgery bills too beside the orthopedist.

let me know when you go under the knife, we'll pray
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:55 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
or tolex urself for $40.

hope you got good insurance.. We have to pay for our own and my kid
just broke his arm last month. I owe the hospital $1000 AFTER insurance coverage... SUCKS but I'm glad he didnt break the growth plate or there would have been major surgery bills too beside the orthopedist.

let me know when you go under the knife, we'll pray

It's my g/f who is having the surgery, luckily I wasn't cursed with bad knees, my ankles are a whole different story after years of football, basketball, and skateboarding. She goes in on the 29th, insurance is covering it all since her deductable was met with the third surgery on the left knee back in May.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luxtone amps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luxtone amps   Luxtone amps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luxtone amps
Page 1 of 1