Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage

Go down 
+11
Budgie
ossi
steve
Rickabilly
Brett
SnorkelMonkey
Twenty Flight Rick
jshea71
donpepe
sidelake bob
ChimingBell
15 posters
AuthorMessage
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Empty
PostSubject: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:16 am

Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:40 am

Amazing! Shocked
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Holy mackarel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:33 pm

That's the kind of sugar papa likes!!!
Back to top Go down
jshea71

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Awesome. That's what I'd love to see for the next Setzer Tour. No Stray Cats, no BSO, no flash or flair. Just an amazing guitarist sitting on a stool playing the stuff he never gets to play live. Brilliant in it's simplicity.

Shea
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:06 am

Wow. The man is a guitar god! He's also playing what must have been one of the first Setzer signature SSU's. Interesting use of the mud switch. Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
SnorkelMonkey

SnorkelMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:40 am

It's pretty cool for sure. I'm glad that footage survives. I wish I could download it... Crying or Very sad

He might be using the mud switch because he can't crank his amp in that studio? I don't know scratch
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 am

SnorkelMonkey wrote:

He might be using the mud switch because he can't crank his amp in that studio? I don't know scratch
yes, seems so. But awesome clips.
How long did Gretsch build these BS-signature Guitars? It looks beautiful.

Route 66 is fantastic...triple wow
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:00 am

beside his fantastic guitar playing - he's got an awesome voice. singin and playin at the same time is a difficult task. but the way he sings plus his extraordinary guitar playing at the same time is just a class for itself.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:02 pm

yes, that`s true and always fantastic to watch.
I need month to play some of the chords in a row but i won`t never sing one word at the same time except some grunt sounds
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:50 pm

ChimingBell wrote:
beside his fantastic guitar playing - he's got an awesome voice. singin and playin at the same time is a difficult task. but the way he sings plus his extraordinary guitar playing at the same time is just a class for itself.

Amen, brother!

I remember watching him play "8-track" in 2001 and marveling at that very thing. I thought surely the vocals had to be overdubbed on that tune (and perhaps they were for the album). How in the world would he be able to play that one live?

No problem whatsoever. Plenty of simultaneous pickin' and a-grinnin' and a-singin' and a-yodelin'. If I hadn't been smiling so hard I would have had to scrape my chin off the floor.

8-Track Player of Love-a-billy
Back to top Go down
steve

steve

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm

F'in AMAZING! Thanks for posting---love the "clean" "thick" sound!!
Back to top Go down
ossi

ossi

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:35 am

Very nice, thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
http://howlinboozers.com
steve

steve

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:11 am

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Wow, is that supposed to be some insult towards me?--I actually consider myself to be reasonably intelligent despite my use of an abbreviated "curse word". hahaha! I will try to keep any future posts more "G" rated.
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 am

steve wrote:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Wow, is that supposed to be some insult towards me?--I actually consider myself to be reasonably intelligent despite my use of an abbreviated "curse word". hahaha! I will try to keep any future posts more "G" rated.

I think that's just Ossi's signature that appears with all his posts... don't take it personal!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:09 pm

I'm floored again!!
This is not on youtube yet is it?
Back to top Go down
bozman007

bozman007

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 5:58 am

Wow, those are definitely rare! Cool!

And jdtv or whatever it's called must have the worst promo ever. silent
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:23 am

This is one of best clips I've ever seen of him solo - those versions should be on a CD!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:09 am

The Mystery Train clip is now on YouTube:

Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage   Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody RARE Brian Setzer Solo Footage
Page 1 of 1