Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!

Go down 
+26
pony65k
Fabdad
gretschoholic
Brent
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
Kid Setzer
badkitty
t.man
Pistol Pete
johnnykool327
lonesomecat
Hot Rod Girl
Spanishdavid
brucie68
peeteycat
Aussie_Sam
webelvis
Madman
sidelake bob
Budgie
Twenty Flight Rick
donpepe
scatcatcnut
Guitarmaniac
Tommy Maguire
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:46 am

Haha! I always loved teasing you guys.

I was honored to have met Robert Plant backstage in London in 2004. Probably the proudest moment of my life was when Brian introduced me to the legendary singer and said, "Hey Robert, this is Tommy, my best friend." Took a year to come down from that.

Anyway....Robert was beyond cool and a HUGE music fan. I talked to him for 10 minutes about stuff like the Yardbirds, the Strokes (who we were into at the time) and rockabilly in general. While we chatted, someone told Plant that I was Brian's website guy. He let out a laugh and said, "OH!! You're the guy who told me I was reforming the Honeydrippers!".

Months earlier I'd posted a graphic on BS.com that announced the reformation of Plant's swingin' 80s band, the Honeydrippers and I mentioned on the site that Brian was involved in the project. Well....even though the idea was being discussed, it was never really "announced" anywhere except on BS.com. He laughed like hell and asked me if I could predict anything else that his future might hold. I said, "Yes, I predict we're going to have beers upstairs and you're going to forget how I jumped the gun about the reformation of the Honeydrippers." A few minutes later we were drinking Red Stripes at the upstairs bar.

TRUE STORY!

I always admitted that I was the luckiest Setzer fan alive! lol
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:53 am

Man, this makes me miss the days you were Brian's webmaster even more.
I also loved the jukebox music player!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 am

Maybe I should do a column here called "Tommy's Cat Tales" or something.....no wait.....that already happened.

Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Maybe I should do a column here called "Tommy's Cat Tales" or something.....no wait.....that already happened.

Hahaha!

You should do that, Tommy, 'specially for the younger Setzer fans, who probably were still in diapers back then... Laughing I really enjoyed reading "Tommy's Cat Tales" on Hernan's old site, and I stored them all on my old computer. I still have them on a CD somewhere...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 am

When was that coloumn?
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 am

ahhhhhhhh......lemme think.........I did that column on a fan site from 1998-1999 and then I did it in the early days of BrianSetzer.net which became BrianSetzer.com. I was rereading some of that stuff the other day. That BSO Paris show in 1998 was amazing. (hmm...was it 98 or 99?)
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 am

Ah, I wasn't surfing the interwebs back then^^
But that was about the time I heard Brian's music for the very first time because my Dad brought home "The Dirty Boogie" and I remember that I really liked it.
But I couldn't draw any connection to Rockabilly back then. I was just 6 or 7 years old...
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:19 am

Well Guitarmaniac, the time flew.....I'll tell you that! Enjoy your youth pal. Live every second of it to the fullest, but use your head. Cool
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 am

Hmmm.. it sounds like Tio Tommy story hour...
and for those keeping score, as long as he
is not gossiping or speaking in french its OKAY. What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 am

Brother TV,

Before I continue.....Budgie is dying to know who that gal is on your avatar. Tell the tale.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:35 am

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Brother TV,

Before I continue.....Budgie is dying to know who that gal is on your avatar. Tell the tale.

My wife.. she is proof that God actually does exist. hallelujah!!
Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 4141_110
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:43 am

Dude... How did my name get pulled into this one???

Sittin' here mindin' my own business,
Budge
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Budgie wrote:
Dude... How did my name get pulled into this one???

Sittin' here mindin' my own business,
Budge

'too late! Smile Smile

http://new.wavlist.com/movies/007/yf-damuris.wav
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 pm

TV...you need to get your sons to keep their hair like that again... Razz And Tommy, those stories are the best...almost as good as the Dana Plato one... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Brent wrote:
TV...you need to get your sons to keep their hair like that again... Razz And Tommy, those stories are the best...almost as good as the Dana Plato one... Laughing

they have rejected the pomade! right now they LOVE LOVE the beatles..
damn your eyes Rockband beatles edition!
Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Marty_Feldman
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Brent, you remember the Dana Plato story?! Hahahahahaa!! Awwwwwwwww sh*t.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:
Well Guitarmaniac, the time flew.....I'll tell you that! Enjoy your youth pal. Live every second of it to the fullest, but use your head. Cool

Tell me about it... wish I could go back to no responsibilities.. I think I may have been too much of a square in my teenage years, I wasn't much of a party animal.. But I guess I'm proud that my life doesn't revolve around getting plastered every friday and Saturday night, unlike alot of people I know from my graduating class Razz

Sorry, hijacking your thread again Tommy

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:03 pm

No problem Kid. I "knew" you during those "square" years and you did all the right stuff. That's why you're on the shuttle to success.
-T
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:
No problem Kid. I "knew" you during those "square" years and you did all the right stuff. That's why you're on the shuttle to success.
-T

Hey you still "know" me now Razz

And thanks, although it's scary to think that in one years time I'll be teaching high school kids when I'm only a few years out of school myself!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Seems like yesterday you were in Elementary School!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:

Is elementary primary school or high school?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Tommy Maguire wrote:

Is elementary primary school or high school?

Elementary=(kindergarten also) 1st-6th
Junior high= 7-8th
high school= 9th-12th

but sometimes junior high is 6-8th and senior high is 10-12th
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Tommy,
that Paris gig was on March 16th 1999.

BTW, wasn't Hernan Abbes running www.listen.to/briansetzer before it became briansetzer.com???
That first official website was even better, with pics from that period, bootelgs, lyrics... really good!
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Jon,

Hernan came along after the success of "The Dirty Boogie" and he created a very cool site. He had a talent for web design, but I provided him with the majority of info on that site. Prior to Hernan's effort there was a KILLER Japanese site created by a guy named Tsubu. It was Tsubu who created a Setzer fan base who's core lasted for years. I met 10 or so lifelong friends through Tsubu's efforts. HE is a true legend in my book. Hernan was also a very cool guy, but his awareness of Brian's work started with the success of "Jump Jive 'n Wail".
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:48 pm

and Jon....

I was the first person to maintain the Official site. Hernan's site was a fan site and was never officially sanctioned. I don't mean to make it seem like I was superior to Hernan, but he was never involved with Brian's management or record company. Just wanted to fix you a plate of facts there, kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next