Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!

Go down 
+5
Bear85
I'm Incinerator
gretschoholic
scatcatcnut
Andi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Empty
PostSubject: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Oh sign me the hell up!!!!!!

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/49423

Jack White and Raconteurs record with Wanda Jackson

'Queen Of Rockabilly' to cover Amy Winehouse and Johnny Kidd

Jack White has recruited his bandmates from The Dead Weather and The Raconteurs to play on the album he has produced for Wanda Jackson.

The White Stripes man has produced the double A-side single 'You Know I'm No Good'/'Shakin' All Over' by the 'Queen Of Rockabilly'. The former song is a cover of the Amy Winehouse, while the latter song was originally recorded by Johnny Kidd And The Pirates.

White, who plays guitar on the tracks, has enlisted The Raconteurs' men Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler to play bass and drums respectively.

The single will be released on February 8.

The forthcoming new album from Jackson, as well as the single, will be released on White's record label, Third Man Records.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:45 pm

... and you can hear a snippet of "You Know I'm No Good" on the Third Man Records website:

http://store.thirdmanrecords.com/wandajackson.aspx
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 am

Admitedly it might just be me on here....but here goes anyway! For me Jack Whjite is one of the most profoundly over-rated guitarists of recent years -ditto for The White Stripes -(what's with the clockwork toy drumming?!) I always think it's blues for people who've never actually listened to any real blues records. No offence to anyone on here who is a fan of the man -but what the hell eh?? About time we had a controversy!!
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:09 pm

scatcatcnut wrote:
Admitedly it might just be me on here....but here goes anyway! For me Jack Whjite is one of the most profoundly over-rated guitarists of recent years -ditto for The White Stripes -(what's with the clockwork toy drumming?!) I always think it's blues for people who've never actually listened to any real blues records. No offence to anyone on here who is a fan of the man -but what the hell eh?? About time we had a controversy!!

And I thought I was all alone in my non-liking of Jack White/White Stripes. Thanks, scatcatnut! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:15 am

I had hoped there might have been some spirited defence of him but no! Perhaps everyone else is in agreement??!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:39 am

scatcatcnut wrote:
I had hoped there might have been some spirited defence of him but no! Perhaps everyone else is in agreement??!!

Or maybe nobody feels the need to defend something that's completely subjective. I can't explain why I hate coffee -- I just do. And I can't explain why I love Jack White either.

But obviously, I'm not the only one. Practically everything the guy touches turns to gold.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:28 am

Andi wrote:
scatcatcnut wrote:

Or maybe nobody feels the need to defend something that's completely subjective. I can't explain why I hate coffee -- I just do. And I can't explain why I love Jack White either.

But obviously, I'm not the only one. Practically everything the guy touches turns to gold.

I couldn't explain it any better Cool
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:32 am

I'm not familiar enough with the whole body of Jack Black's work - I like what little I have heard. I don't think the appeal of White is necessarily his technical expertise as a player. There are any number of artists who aren't extraordinary players as much as they're just...rockers! And maybe White falls into this category.

Given that, along with the fact that I'm crazy about Miss Wanda, I'm planning on buying the new album when it comes out. I think the choice of covering Amy Winehouse is a good one, and I expect the rest of the album to top notch.
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:35 pm

First off I think that sample sucked, great idea tho and its cool that Jacks doin' this. That cd with Loretta Lynn was awesome. Also gotta defend Jack and Meg. Its just a diff genre that some people may not be into. I got into them early on back in the day and still like most of what he does. Guys got his heart in what he does and thats the main point to being a musician. Most of my friends think Rockabilly sucks but I keep playin it. Rock on Jack White.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:09 pm

gretschoholic wrote:
scatcatcnut wrote:

And I thought I was all alone in my non-liking of Jack White/White Stripes. Thanks, scatcatnut! Wink

I like him, but to call him a big guitarist might be a little to much. But it's good energi to me, the beat the beat the beat Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:12 pm

PS I don't see a point in Wanda doing a Amy cover. They sound very simulary, so why do it. I hope the B-side brings something new to it (Shakin' all over).
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:52 pm

I love coffee like my right arm and drink it instead of water, plus I think wanda jackson
sings like a spider monkey and should never been allowed to record, Jack white
shoulda hooked up with dolly parton if he wanted some nashville gravy train

is that controversial enough? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:12 am

the amy winehouse cover was a big disappointment in all levels, why did the do THAT song in THAT way????. Mad hope that the rest will be better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!   STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STOP THE PRESSES! Jack White + Wanda Jackson!!!!
Page 1 of 1