Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nocturne - Marsh pics

Go down 
+10
Pistol Pete
Guitarmaniac
ChimingBell
ruger9
chunkymac
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
christopher
roland
booty
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mjcodina

mjcodina

Nocturne - Marsh pics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturne - Marsh pics   Nocturne - Marsh pics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 pm

[quote="roland"]
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

you can do some diminished scale, and yes, Setzer does a lot of diminished runs in the strangest positions. Best example that comes to my mind right now is the version of race with the devil on the original cool album, where he does that in the second part of the first solo. Finding out that run was enlightning geek
OT finished Sleep

Or half the stuff from Lonely Avenue. AAAAAAAGH funnest to play. Mr Jazzer goes surfing, one of the funnest things every. Thanks my jazzcats
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
roland

roland

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne - Marsh pics   Nocturne - Marsh pics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:07 am

[quote="mjcodina"]
roland wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

you can do some diminished scale, and yes, Setzer does a lot of diminished runs in the strangest positions. Best example that comes to my mind right now is the version of race with the devil on the original cool album, where he does that in the second part of the first solo. Finding out that run was enlightning geek
OT finished Sleep

Or half the stuff from Lonely Avenue. AAAAAAAGH funnest to play. Mr Jazzer goes surfing, one of the funnest things every. Thanks my jazzcats

Maybe there's a need for a separate topic for chords and songs? or even a separate forumtitle? Exclamation Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.rolandnovak.com, www.desperatecowboys.com
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne - Marsh pics   Nocturne - Marsh pics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:55 am

roland wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

You arent kidding. For 20 yrs I had to transcribe chord charts for my musicians in the
band and everytime I wrote an A2 they would play an Asus4. Smile

..but thats what happens with us guit nuts that dont read notation. We've got a million
chord shapes stuck in our head and we dont to the angular rock math to figure out
what the 13th is!

I mean when we play purple haze you just look at the other guitarist and go
"play this chord" MAN!! and they go ....ooohh ya.

rock n roll baby! ( this is the reason my boy is playing cello AND guitar, he will
go places)

ahh, purple haze, is that the e7#9 chord, the magic fumes chord, the chord that will play in your head over and over again, once you figured out the sensational effect playing the sixth string (E) against it scratch Strange thing is, in jazz, this kinda difficult to understand music, but most of the session men from the early recordings where jazzers anyway bom , it's a really common chord, well not everytime with the E in the bass position, but somewhere.. and the ideal scale to play over it is called altered, or you can do some diminished scale, and yes, Setzer does a lot of diminished runs in the strangest positions. Best example that comes to my mind right now is the version of race with the devil on the original cool album, where he does that in the second part of the first solo. Finding out that run was enlightning geek
OT finished Sleep

Oh yeah, you're just hittin' one of my favourite topics. I reently even friend of mine who is a metal player to play Jazz chords in his Songs, because they just sounded a lot better!
I'm concentrating my whole practising around "understanding music" at the moment, but luckily I got a very wise teacher. How did you leanr that stuff? I've been just introduced to the solmisation, and I think that's a kinda cool technique.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne - Marsh pics   Nocturne - Marsh pics - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:06 am

roland,
its more fun to start a thread and see how long it can go. Smile Then it makes for
good reading when someone visits our forum! Plus you gotta understand there
are those of us that studied theory in college 20yrs ago and never used it again
until the kids and wife picked up cellos and uprights.

Its hard to process it all, but it makes a huge difference in the quality music you create.
This world does not need ONE more blues or rockabilly band that plays all their
songs in E with 3 chords.

3 chords and the truth is all you need some say but you better be tellin some
"NEW" truth or really good lies!! What a Face What a Face

ps. maybe title the thread "The Everlasting Theory Thread" Cool Cool
IF you do start one let me know and I'll transfer these posts related
to it. ... kinda fun "educating rockabillies one at a time"
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne - Marsh pics   Nocturne - Marsh pics - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nocturne - Marsh pics
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3