Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:46 pm

I bought a Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green from Best Buy yesterday for $543.00. It was regular priced at $699.00 It's a very cool strat. It's not a Gretsch, but it beats nothing at all and it sounds pretty nice.

Question for you TV ????

Can any kind of a Bigsby be installed on a Strat ?? Maybe a B5 ? ? ?

I will post a pic of my new Fender when I have the time.

Have A Gretsch / Fender Day !

Ross
Back to top Go down
JB-IsleOfMan

PostSubject: Re: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:31 am

Sweet! I love that 50s green. I put together a parts strat with that colour body, but the green is a little like undercoat on mine! I've left it out in the sun and turn it regularly, so I'll see what happens!

I've seen bigsbys on Tele's as an option. I don't know too much about mechanics, but I can imagine that the suggestions will be swapping out the tuners for locking ones, and some may advise even a locking nut.

The other thing to think about would be bridge position and intonation, but someone with more knowledge will need to go into detail on that one for you!

JB
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:27 am

I`m sure it´s possible to install a bigsby. You need a new bridge (Gibson style) this bridge must be fixed at the right place, otherwise your guitar is out of tune.
But i won`t do that!
Your Strat looks so cool with the Fender tremolo and the paintjob is awesome.
Ít`s a Fender Stratocaster, 50ies style. For me it`s looks the right way.

I`d installed a Bigsby on a Tele, but for me this is a different thing.

Btw: congrats, cool guitar and hot price.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:58 am

I will be putting on a set of locking tuners soon.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:49 pm

Rockabilly Ross wrote:
I bought a Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green from Best Buy yesterday for $543.00. It was regular priced at $699.00 It's a very cool strat. It's not a Gretsch, but it beats nothing at all and it sounds pretty nice.

Question for you TV ????

Can any kind of a Bigsby be installed on a Strat ?? Maybe a B5 ? ? ?

I will post a pic of my new Fender when I have the time.

Have A Gretsch / Fender Day !

Ross

yes a B-5 (horse shoe) is the right application but a buddy that is a master
builder at the custom shop sez its best to install a buzz stop between the bridge
and the bigsby. its a 40 dollar bar that the strings travel under to the bigsby.
you see surf cats using em on jags n jazzmas
Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Buzz--Stop

If you dont use one you will have to have the neck pocker either shims or replaned
for a correct neck angle. This would allow you to install an abr-1 bridge. that would be the hot ticket man..

I've been thinkin about this because I love my strat and had the custom shop redo my fretboard but even with super nifty Suhr pickups it just WANTS to have tvjones and
the dynasonics from tvjones (t-armonds) should be here at my shop real soon!

this was my last american built Reverend with kent armstrong low output P90s and
the "right app" bigsby.. no buzz stop with neck angle dialed in.
Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday L_078235a651af5b5845178b26341d06a5
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:31 pm

I bet a fender guitar with some T-armonds would be steller!...UH OH!!! I may have to figure a way to cram a set into my AM series deluxe tele.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
I bet a fender guitar with some T-armonds would be steller!...UH OH!!! I may have to figure a way to cram a set into my AM series deluxe tele.

I ordered the soapbar mounts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 am

totally forgot about those soapbar mounts.

I may be able to fit one of those in that universal neck pup mount.

the bridge is the question...only a tele bridge size mount in those. Plus I would need to get a half bridge saddle as I wouldn't want to cut into my glendale plate clown. wonder if there would be a way to fit a t-armond in that cavaty? probably not...No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday   Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought A New Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster Surf Green Yesterday
Page 1 of 1