Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has It All Been Said?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

Has It All Been Said?! Empty
PostSubject: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:37 am

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be an ever decreasing number and frequency of posts in this section? And for that matter that if you took out the three or four very regular posters there would be almost nothing? Has it all been said re Brian etc? I often wonder myself what else there is to say - let's face it I'm not actually saying anything here myself?! Maybe we need some radical new happening in Setzerland - I know - reform the Stray Cats - and then finish that UK tour!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:59 am

I've noticed that the frequency of posts does correlate to events in Setzerville - new cd, tour, etc. I think a lot of us lurk/read, but don't necessarily contribute unless we feel we have something relevant to add. That's not a bad thing in my opinion. :-)
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:00 am

BTW - The Cave is where it's at! TV's given us quite a story with the success of his Nocturne! Congrats TV!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:02 pm

I agree with Rick in that sense: the more news on bs.com, the more we post in here...

Rocky Mountain Cat has his Setzer Archive, I'm doing the blog.... Lee is not touring much, Slim neither... so, there's not much left to say in that sense.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:45 pm

its always starts buzzing when Setzer is out playing or in the studio but they dont feed us anything on BSO like when Brother man use to lay it out to us..

what do you in the mean time?? I tried to get folks to talk about tiki bars, mid century modern houses, hotrods, cars.. guitars work because Gretsch DOES feed us some good stuff.

I sure hope Brian doesnt take himself too serious these days, he seems totally about his fan base.. Lets blame management for being too old and not with the new music business model...

JUST KIDDING.. the latest setzer album packages were very fan based.

Feed the faithful Kaplan management!! We've been here from the start!
This one for more than 2 decades. On this forum since the early days when
swing was king daddy-o! I'm a lifer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
I've noticed that the frequency of posts does correlate to events in Setzerville - new cd, tour, etc. I think a lot of us lurk/read, but don't necessarily contribute unless we feel we have something relevant to add. That's not a bad thing in my opinion. :-)

Wouldn't that be awesome if that was always the case? Most of the board members contributing when they have something relevant to add??? Ooops! Did I say that outloud?

More useless banter....

The "die hard" fan base usually knows when to exercise restraint. But what fun would it be around here without those who made you grit your teeth, type a reply only to delete it, and read something without thinking "What the hell are they thinking????" or my personal fave: Seriously????
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:38 pm

You rock Enjay!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:11 am

I feel flattered lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:12 am

I'm thinking of deleting my last reply.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:10 am

enjay07 wrote:

Wouldn't that be awesome if that was always the case? Most of the board members contributing when they have something relevant to add??? Ooops! Did I say that outloud?

More useless banter....

The "die hard" fan base usually knows when to exercise restraint. But what fun would it be around here without those who made you grit your teeth, type a reply only to delete it, and read something without thinking "What the hell are they thinking????" or my personal fave: Seriously????

Wise words spoken by both a wise guy and wise gal. Wink

Maturity might have something to do with the whole "exercising restraint". Notice I said maturity....not old age. There is a difference! You can have one without the other!

Goin' back to lurking,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 8:03 am

My apologies to all for being a wise guy. In truth, I'm also a bit of a smart ass, but I try to keep that off the boards. Very Happy Thank you HRG for separating the age thing. I'm kinda sensitive about getting old! SJP - thanks for not deleting your post!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:18 am

My apologies to all for being a wise guy. In truth, I'm also a bit of a smart ass, but I try to keep that off the boards. Very Happy Thank you HRG for separating the age thing. I'm kinda sensitive about getting old! SJP - thanks for not deleting your post!

Honestly, I think it's better to be a smart ass rather than a dumb ass. Although the difference between the two is subtle at times, it's definitely there.

Twisted Evil
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:38 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:

Honestly, I think it's better to be a smart ass rather than a dumb ass. Although the difference between the two is subtle at times, it's definitely there.

Twisted Evil
hrg

you're so hurtful
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 pm

TV....say it isn't so. Crying or Very sad

I'm the rip the band-aid off fast kind of a gal. If I truly were hurtful, I'd prolong it by tearing it off s-l-o-w-l-y.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:

I'm the rip the band-aid off fast kind of a gal. If I truly were hurtful, I'd prolong it by tearing it off s-l-o-w-l-y.

it was a joke son, flew right over your head boy! Smile
Has It All Been Said?! Foghorn_LeghornHas It All Been Said?! Foghor10
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 pm

this ...this is classic and I must share it now
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:31 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:

it was a joke son, flew right over your head boy! Smile
Has It All Been Said?! Foghorn_LeghornHas It All Been Said?! Foghor10

Gotta love Foghorn Leghorn! (I did get the joke...didn't you hear my sarcasm and see my pouty lip? Darn lost in translation message board writing stuff.)

Smile
hrg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:59 am

And all the hens go
Coo-coo-cook that rooster rock!
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:07 pm

while we're off track...
true story (about wisdom...NOT old age)

Was a restaurant/bar w/friends a few weeks ago and my friend ordered a highball. Know what she got? Glass o' water in a "highball" glass!

We didn't tip much.

Darn kids!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has It All Been Said?!   Has It All Been Said?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has It All Been Said?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: All things Setzer-
Jump to: