Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big Jay McNeely

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Big Jay McNeely Empty
PostSubject: Big Jay McNeely   Big Jay McNeely Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:40 pm

I spent this past weekend in San Francisco and Sacramento, up to my earballs in amazing music. Thursday night I went to the Top of the Mark in San Francisco and saw my new favorite band Stompy Jones. Friday I saw the Hollywood Combo play a huge swing dance in Sacramento. Then Saturday it was back to SF with the Hollywood Combo, featuring the incomparable Steve Lucky on the keys, playing with 82 year old honkin' sax legend Big Jay McNeely. The Hi Rhythm Hustlers, an excellent new SF rockabilly band, opened.

EPIC. Absolutely epic weekend.

Click here for photos.

Big Jay McNeely 4399123235_699c0798b5_o

Big Jay McNeely 4399123341_677ee22b03_o

I'm uploading photos and videos and writing show reviews as fast as I can, but wow... hard to keep up!!

sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Big Jay McNeely Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Jay McNeely   Big Jay McNeely Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:02 pm

I should mention who the Hollywood Combo was made up of for this show: Mark Tortorici on vocals and harmonica, Tommy Harkenrider on guitar (he fronts an excellent western swing band called the Hi Lo Playboys), saxes were Jim Jedeikin of Royal Crown Revue and Dave Crozier, formerly of the BSO, veteran bassist and radio guy Freddie Johnson on upright and electric bass, and Johnny Palmer, who played with James Intveld and a ton of other bands, on drums. Over the weekend I got to spend a lot of time with these guys, as well as Chris Binnings and the Stompy Jones guys, and Steve Lucky and Carmen Getit (got to dance with both Steve and Carmen - wish somebody had gotten some photos of that!!) In addition to being fantastic musicians, they're all fun people with great stories to tell.
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

Big Jay McNeely Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Jay McNeely   Big Jay McNeely Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:04 pm

man okay next time youre in Sactown lemme know in case I happen to be home
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Bear85

Bear85

Big Jay McNeely Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Jay McNeely   Big Jay McNeely Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Thanks for the video, Andi - Big Jay brought the goods!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Big Jay McNeely Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Jay McNeely   Big Jay McNeely Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:04 pm

I finally have my review online. I could've written about 10 times as many words, Big Jay McNeely told me a ton of great stories. I do have more video to upload as time permits!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big Jay McNeely Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Jay McNeely   Big Jay McNeely Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big Jay McNeely
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: Other Artists-
Jump to: