Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.

Go down 
+5
sidelake bob
verevoof
mjcodina
Brett
tvthewiredturtle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Empty
PostSubject: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi.. so its friday late afternoon. I'm back from the CPA and freakout about taxes so
I decided to escape on youtube's "associated press" section. Lookin for setzer stuff.
found some cool things I havent see before like this first one I'll post with Brian being interviewed in finland and thus..
Decided this board needs to rally together, community like and work to create one long ass thread that archives videos of Brian Setzer being interviewed.
It my thread so my rules (to keep it interesting for visitors, which is the point):

• It has to be an interview video

It has to be about BRIAN SETZER being interviewed, not the stray cats

It doesnt have to be in english (the video)

Please be short and to the point as to where and when the video is (411)

If there are duplicate entries, the duplicate gets erased

Comments on videos are encouraged especially if you have inside info

So... I liked this one cuz Setz' seems relaxed but Ronnie and Bernie dont hah,
some Finland talk show footage that promotes the Rockabilly Riot album

and This Sept 18th interview about Lonely Streets
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:55 pm

15 views and No contributors?? I thought this was a FAN forum.. git with it!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:00 am

Good Morning, donĀ“t forget this board is also a global board. the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_cool
Your friday afternoon was my nighttime.

Btw: this video is from the East:

Enjoy,

(i love the quote about "to much rehearsal)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 am

Taken from the DVD that comes with the Brian Setzer Gretsch repro. Brian doesnt seem too enthused at times

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
verevoof

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:31 pm

Here's a short little video of Brian talking about his guitar. Don't know the year though.

He plays a bit of "Sleepwalk" with Skunk Baxter in the middle of the video. Pretty cool. His hair is kinda crazy in this one. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:59 pm

this is shaping up!
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:30 pm

1985 shortly after the break up of Stray Cats discusses Rockabilly vs. Punk guitar

Back to top Go down
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 am

Who has that VH1-Behind the music footage feat. Setzer ?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am

ChimingBell wrote:
Who has that VH1-Behind the music footage feat. Setzer ?

I dont remember any length of interview just performance.. IF there is an interview
segment that would be awesome for this.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 pm

It's linked on the front page of the HDVDL website - a 49MB file well worth the download, and there's tons of interview footage in it. Brian talks a lot, that's one of my favorites.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K28N11GX
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Well, okay - I've already posted these before, but here are my own three contributions, recorded off my TV from the "Cool Cats" video. These are 1983, if I'm not mistaken.

50's style:

Last edited by Andi on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Talkin' 'bout Eddie:

Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Lookin' cool:

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:57 pm

good, real good!! thanks...

btw.. so what if its posted elsewhere( speakin sarcastically). Its a benefit to those who arent necessarily first generation Setzer fans, let alone rockabilly fans.
A decade ago we had people on this forum that were the furthest thing from rockabilly but they loved Big Band or were into MCM or Tiki lifestyle..
I think us rockabillies scared most of them off??
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:12 pm

I meant because I had only posted them here at the Lounge recently, and didn't want to seem repetitive - but then I looked back and realized it's been over four months since I originally posted them!! Very Happy Time flies when you're havin' fun. Heh.
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:24 pm

I dont ever recall seeing this one
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:21 pm

why must you torture me
???

seriously, this guy is just amazing. now I gotta find the entire recording
of this.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:00 pm

mjcodina wrote:
I dont ever recall seeing this one

Ta da!!! NOW it makes sense!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!!
Back to top Go down
steve

steve

PostSubject: memories   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Well, okay - I've already posted these before, but here are my own three contributions, recorded off my TV from the "Cool Cats" video. These are 1983, if I'm not mistaken.

Man, I remember watching this video when I was like 14 y/o on Betamax---I always get a kick out of Brian's New Yawk accent--.....bawt for bought...album 'cuvuh'..grease my 'haiah'. I always wonder if he got coaching to get rid of that, because it's like totally gone now. Maybe it was living in Cali for so long or something. I'm from the Philly area and I still say 'wuter' for water, and 'teautally' for totally. lol!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:26 pm

steve wrote:

Man, I remember watching this video when I was like 14 y/o on Betamax---I always get a kick out of Brian's New Yawk accent--.....bawt for bought...album 'cuvuh'..grease my 'haiah'. I always wonder if he got coaching to get rid of that, because it's like totally gone now. Maybe it was living in Cali for so long or something. I'm from the Philly area and I still say 'wuter' for water, and 'teautally' for totally. lol!

they actually got kinda funky in their accent because they were from NY and then went
to the UK.. thats when you would hear more of that "drawl" thing I hear from east coasters..

having grown up in OC and spent all my summers at 17th street newport beach area, I can say we dont have accents. Everyone else talks funny! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:48 pm

After talking to you on Skype, I think you should reconsider your last comment Tavo!!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:11 am

Pistol Pete wrote:
After talking to you on Skype, I think you should reconsider your last comment Tavo!!!

The Jime' has a way of changing your speech patterns for some reason if you
venture further down the bottle past the bottom of the label.

the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. 6005
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.   the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the official "intuitive" Setzer video interview archive thread.
Page 1 of 1