Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here's a Rare & Nice Pic

Go down 
+7
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
tvthewiredturtle
donpepe
Patrick
Bear85
Guitarmaniac
ChimingBell
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Empty
PostSubject: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:36 am

Got this from Christine Setzers FB Profile
Here's a Rare & Nice Pic 3212_86779103178_711748178_2455550_1413448_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:32 am

Nice one chiming bell!
1996, maybe??
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:12 am

Is that Danny B Harvey on the left?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:58 am

Guitarmaniac wrote:
Is that Danny B Harvey on the left?

correct!
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:28 pm

I know The Brian's been known to bust out a Strat on occasion, but, but, but....a GIBSON?? Very Happy

Looks like he was going for some Chuck Berry mojo...
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Bear85 wrote:
I know The Brian's been known to bust out a Strat on occasion, but, but, but....a GIBSON?? Very Happy

Looks like he was going for some Chuck Berry mojo...

...mmm....never saw him doing the Duckwalk...
And the Gibson is just great. Like the ES295 when he played with the Honeydrippers.
Go Cat!
Cool
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:46 am

He has a Gibson 295 on the cover of Original Cool. On the record it sounds like he's using a Gretsch?!
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 7:31 am

Probably.
I think he never recorded with the ES295.
In Holland on tv he once played (playback) a hollowbody Ibanez....
bounce
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 1:11 am

that was great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:49 am

Here's another one with "Mr. Gretsch" playin "somethin else" Wink
Back to top Go down
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 12:00 am

Here's a Rare & Nice Pic 29235_441041092208_739352208_5774589_7929618_n
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi ChimingbBell, Whats the story behind this picture ? Who's the dude with the gee-tarr
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:17 am

Lord Vincent Blackshadow wrote:
Hi ChimingbBell, Whats the story behind this picture ? Who's the dude with the gee-tarr

I know that photo is up on Andi's Facebook page, I think she took it as well - so she can probably tell you the story behind it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:23 am

i think the guitar guy is buzz campbell... and yes andi knows it for shure... Wink don't blame me for stealing your picture Wink
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:46 am

ChimingBell wrote:
i think the guitar guy is buzz campbell... and yes andi knows it for shure... Wink don't blame me for stealing your picture Wink

looks like buzz to me, I asked him to tell me the story behind it. stay tuned
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:29 am

ChimingBell wrote:
Here's a Rare & Nice Pic 29235_441041092208_739352208_5774589_7929618_n

It's obviously The Brian doing his "Human Beat-Box" thing that was all the rage back in the day.

Fat Budge
Back to top Go down
AmERICano

PostSubject: Human Beat Box   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:54 am

Maybe we can coax Tommy into posting that lost video of the Fat Boys giving Brian a beat box lesson from Yo MTV Raps from back in the day............lol. Cool pics though............

Eric
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:26 pm

LOL, but no one beat voxes better than Robbie Williams!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:37 pm

Yes, I took this photo. July 2, 1995, Johnny M's 801 in San Diego - which is now the Hard Rock Cafe.

From https://hoodoovoodoolounge.darkbb.com/all-things-setzer-f1/25-years-of-love-t428.htm

"Shortly after we arrived [at a Hot Rod Lincoln show] one night, [guitarist Buzz Campbell] came over to us as we were settling in and said conspiratorially, "Brian Setzer is coming to the show tonight. He's in town to buy a car. I wanted to let you know so you guys are ready for it and don't freak out or anything. Save him a couple seats with you, okay?" Uh, okay! Was this for real?? Before long, Brian and his wife at the time did indeed come in. The bar was packed, but I don't think many people realized who had just walked in. Buzz led him to our table and made the introductions, and we found ourselves spending the entire evening with Brian Setzer. We chatted the whole time, about cars and music and acting (the boyfriend was a drummer and an aspiring actor). Brian and the boyfriend shared a beer, and Brian took a couple drags off the boyfriend's Lucky Strike cigarette (the butt of which he may well still own). Brian and I danced a couple songs, and I kept thinking, "is this really happening?" Through the course of the night Brian and the boyfriend both sat in with HRL, and when Brian was onstage the boyfriend and I would dance. Later in the evening when Brian was asking for requests, I shouted out "Fishnet Stockings!," my favorite Cats song at the time. He turned to the band and said "do you guys even know that song?" Of course! And away they went. I couldn't believe it, Brian Setzer was playing songs because I asked for them!

People had finally realized the Stray Cat was in the house, and lots of folks came up to talk to him. He was kind and friendly to every single one, even the drunk annoying guy who wanted to ask him over and over again about "Crazy Mixed Up Kid." It was one hell of a night, and of course we had no intention of leaving the club before Brian did. By end of the last set the bar was very nearly empty, but Brian was still amped. He'd turn to my boyfriend and say, "let's go fan the band!" They'd run over to the stage and take off their shirts and wave them at the band, telling them how on fire they were. It was undoubtedly one of the best shows Hot Rod Lincoln ever put on, with feedback like that from the Stray Cat. When they finally kicked us out and Brian and his wife went home with Buzz, we stood in the parking lot for probably a half hour and relived the entire thing, with lots of wide grins and "oh my god! Can you believe that just happened?!" We were walking on air for days.

Not long after, Hot Rod Lincoln released a CD called "Blue Cafe" produced by Lee Rocker, with the title track written by Brian Setzer. It is said that our night at the bar was the inspiration to the song. (Read about it here and here.) As for "that chick I was with all night drinkin'" mentioned in the lyrics, there were only two chicks at the table that night, me and his wife. I like to think that was me in the song, but she's probably just made up for the tune!!"

(Sorry for taking so long to post this. My mom's in the hospital. I'm getting really f%&king sick of those places. Your love and good thoughts sent her way would be most appreciated by us both.)
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Here's another from my Facebook albums:

Here's a Rare & Nice Pic 29235_441041122208_739352208_5774593_2183620_n
Aug 8, 1998, interviewing Brian for my radio show - which was named Jump Jive an' Wail! - well before I knew the BSO had recorded the song.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:31 pm

Great, great story Andi. I'm green with envy just reading it
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:44 pm

just wonderful, wonderful stuff, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's a Rare & Nice Pic   Here's a Rare & Nice Pic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's a Rare & Nice Pic
Page 1 of 1