Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!

Go down 
+4
Guitarmaniac
sidelake bob
Brent
Andi
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Guitarmaniac, a bit of the "rockin" Isaak for you to enjoy:

Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Blue Hotel - San Francisco Days - Big Wide Wonderful World

Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:33 pm

By the way... don´t forget that not too long ago, two legends got together on the stage finally:

I have read in the past high words from Chris towards the BSO.

Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Again, thanks David for the Isaak/Setzer collaboration clips. Can you tell me when those were filmed? They look fairly recent, the latter in '05?
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:43 pm

Uh.... I shot them. Last year.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks ANDI Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Ohhhh yeah!!
I've been a bit behind this post for a while...

David, great pic! i remember when you told me you met Chris on the streetss of Valencia with his wife. Do you know where he is going to be lodged in Valladolid????

About the songs... pity he's not opening nor even playing American Boy, one of my fav tunes together with King Without A Castle. But his sets are terrific.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:18 am

Not his wife, Jon. His girlfriend at the time.

As fas as I know, Chris has never been married.

No idea about the hotel in Valladolid, but if you go to the venue hours before the gig, during the soundcheck time, you will sure find him outside and will be able to hang out with him. Great dude.

Also, after the gig, he will step down to the merchandise booth and will speak with EVERYBODY and sign autographs. At least he has done it everytime i´ve attended one of his gigs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 am

Oh yeah!! That's a boost!! Thanks for reminding me that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Have you heard Chris Isaak's "Live At The Fillmore"???
Absolutely awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
mark t

mark t

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:59 am

Another HUGE Isaak fan here, i'm a rockabilly dude but can appreciate what he does for sure. He's wickedly talented as a songwriter and has probably the most beautiful voice of anyone still performing today.

I'll also agree that his Wilsey era stuff was way different, almost edgier for the most part. Wilsey's solo album is also something else. That's not to say that Herschel isn't a great guitar player himself, he's a very well-rounded player who is just one of those natural guitar talents, seems like he can play anything.

I've met all of his band including Chris at different times, and they're all super down-to-earth, very nice guys. You get the impression that the stage personas are not really that different from the guys' themselves....in a good way.

Anyway, Chris is really something, if you haven't seen him live, you should. it was my 9 year-old daughters ' first show, and she had a blast.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:06 am

I met Hershel last year before the show in Murphys and thanked him for his phenomenal playing. He seemed genuinely surprised that I knew who he was and very appreciative of the compliment. And gave me a pick with his face on it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:43 am

Whoah!!!

Went to see Chris last Friday in Valladolid... what can I say??
He is THE TALENT in person. Wonderful show at a small theatre, excellent songs, sound, musicians.... He got the audience in the bag just by the third song, in which he walked around the venue, making people participate.... it was brilliant!

As for the set... I guess he is doing the same thing in all the shows, except for the encores, sometimes there is a second one, but I wasn't that lucky.
He opened with Lonely With A Broken Heart, Dancin, Two Hearts and Love Me Tender. Continued with All I Want Is Your Love. The rest... I don't remember the exact order but Cheater's Town, Take My Heart, Wicked Game, Best I Ever Had, Speak Of The Devil, Baby Did A Bad Bad Thing, Forever Blue, a song in Spanish.... and for the encores: Blue Hotel, SFrisco Days, Blue Spanish Sky (song that I've never liked...), Pretty Woman (possibly the highlight of the night)....

After the show, he quickly rushed into the tourbus, I had the chance of seeing him just in front of my face but no time for a picture nor signature, though a friend of mine was luckier than me and got the guitar pick, a signature and a photo!!

Hope to catch him live someday soon!

Edit: I also remember him doing Blues Stay Away From Me, One Day, a version by James Brown and Worked Out Wrong.

In Madrid and Valencia he added a second encore, including Goin' Nowhere and Bonnie B
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 3:17 am

The show in Valencia was SUPERB!!!!!!! videos and pics to come real soon.

Going to see him again tonight in Murcia, a few miles away where the Stray Cats played a couple summers ago.

I have some stories to tell, but they may come tomorrow.

In the meantime, some a$$hole motherfuc.ker stole Hershel´s custom made silver guitar at Chris´gig in Azkena (Bilbao), while Bob Dylan was playing. Some piece of garbage dumb f-uck went on Chris´ gear storage room and took Hershel´s guitar (probably by mistake, thinking it was Chris´), but now they are REALLY MAD. Thank you Spain, you fu-cked it up again. 5 years ago they took Darrell Higham guitar while touring with Slim Jim in Valencia. Now Chris´guitar player Fender.

Nice. Good reputation for Spain.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:02 am

This is a little excerp of my experience with Isaak last monday.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:42 am

Poor Hershel... I've just read about his stolen guitar.... we're a bit of a bast*** some times...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!   Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris Isaak and Marc Broussard!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2