Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vic

vic

I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Empty
PostSubject: I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better   I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better   I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:09 am

vic wrote:

freakin beercan wipes out that sweet honey of a car....

check this inside view too

https://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=joMK1WZjP7g&feature=related
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better   I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:33 am

Call me old fashioned but technology dosen't trump soul. We had that same model and year and color growing up. Mom would top off the radiator with the garden hose, throw a crib mattess in the back so we could spread out and relax, load us up on dramamine and schelp us from Pasadena to Newport for a day at the beach...good times. Remember the child seat that hooked over the back rest of the front bench seat? Baby lauchers really. I liked to think those brushes with death made us a hardier people, until I remember that we live in a hippy led wellfare state that punishes risk taking and Entrepreneurship. RIP Detroit Sad
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better   I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:58 am

vic wrote:
Call me old fashioned but technology dosen't trump soul. We had that same model and year and color growing up. Mom would top off the radiator with the garden hose, throw a crib mattess in the back so we could spread out and relax, load us up on dramamine and schelp us from Pasadena to Newport for a day at the beach...good times. Remember the child seat that hooked over the back rest of the front bench seat? Baby lauchers really. I liked to think those brushes with death made us a hardier people, until I remember that we live in a hippy led wellfare state that punishes risk taking and Entrepreneurship. RIP Detroit Sad

naww... my wifes mother, stepdad and half brother were wiped off the face of the
earth when another toyota shot across the "soft" divider and struck their 280zx
head on out on the highway in palm springs. Had funding been approved for cal trans
out there back then, cement "hard" dividers would have saved their lives.
Ironically there are now those very dividers out there. All a dollar and a day too late.

btw.. the media was such a government controlled entity when we were kids, we NEVER knew the real deal about auto deaths. Safety glass alone reduced childens being decapitated in auto crashes.
I was one of those kids with the stupid car seat with the hooks over the front middle
of the car. I remember slamming my head on the front window on several occasions.

explains much eh? Smile
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better   I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:49 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I was one of those kids with the stupid car seat with the hooks over the front middle
of the car. I remember slamming my head....
explains much eh? Smile

No doubt there Smile

Aweful about your wifes family, kidding aside your right on that one. I humbley concide the point. Be c areful out there in the Buick
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better   I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:14 pm

vic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

of the car. I remember slamming my head....
explains much eh? Smile

No doubt there Smile

Aweful about your wifes family, kidding aside your right on that one. I humbley concide the point. Be c areful out there in the Buick

hey now! Smile thanks to your dumb video my wife now has reason #238 NOT to
go for a drive in my Jezebel. ..actually it just confirms I may as well trade it
for what I want.. a 32' bucket, channeled and chopped. No more dangerous
than the buick so it appears.
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better   I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Never ever ever get rid of that car. It's a thing of beauty and you'll reget it.

Whats with the "you can reply to topics on this forum" messege at the bottom of the thread? Has it always been there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better   I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I woulda thought the old girl woulda done better
Page 1 of 1