Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting Use of an "old" graphic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

Interesting Use of an "old" graphic Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Use of an "old" graphic   Interesting Use of an "old" graphic Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:31 am

I don't want to start a political discussion here, that's not my intent.

I came across this and I thought it was interesting to see the old-style of advertisement/propaganda being used again.

There seem to be lots of examples of mid century cartoons and advertisements coming back into vogue. I thought it'd be neat to share some of them here.

Interesting Use of an "old" graphic AZRiveterToon

Last edited by Hot Rod Girl on Sun May 23, 2010 12:03 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : To actually include the image....doh!)
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Use of an "old" graphic   Interesting Use of an "old" graphic Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:06 pm

Estoy seguro de que no significaba nada por esta political Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Use of an "old" graphic   Interesting Use of an "old" graphic Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:02 am

Lord Vincent Blackshadow wrote:
Estoy seguro de que no significaba nada por esta political Evil or Very Mad

Actually, you are correct. I'm not making a political statement here. The topic of immigration is way too volatile for this board to handle.

It was interesting to me that this artist chose to use an image similar to Rosie the Riveter to get her message across. I am wondering if others have seen older-style advertisements re-done using modern topics? I like this style of artwork, and I'm curious if this style is making a comeback.

sunny
hrg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Use of an "old" graphic   Interesting Use of an "old" graphic Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Hmm, I can't think of any in particular here in Spain but just roughly speaking I would say that there is a tendency towards "old" and "vintage" stuff to make adverts, not only here but worldwide... am I right or is it just my impression??

Coca-Cola still tries to have certain links to the past, to old adverts as as reference to tradition... even KFC, with the image of its founder (you know, the old man's face in the logo), and what the heck, many rockabilly albums (just to put it into our "language" hehe) do still have plenty of references to the past in the sense of image, sound, lettering...
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Use of an "old" graphic   Interesting Use of an "old" graphic Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:47 am

Good point. Coke is a good example of using vintage marketing images to sell a product. I had completely missed that one. Very Happy

Rockabilly, hot rod car shows, roller derby...all other good examples too. But they seem to be more of a "subculture" rather than a mainstream thing. I wonder if the vintage images are finding their way into mainstream advertising more and more lately? And if they are, I wonder why? Do we feel a sense of comfort when we see these vintage images? Do they take us back to a more secure time? Or is it just fun to take a trip down memory lane?

I don't know the answers. But it's kind of fun to think about.

Have a great day,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Use of an "old" graphic   Interesting Use of an "old" graphic Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:18 pm

Some movie titles sequences have been old school in recent years. I don't watch many anymore, but I know I've seen several that invoke an early-60s style. The only title that pops into my mind at the moment is Elf - if I remember any of the others, I'll be sure to post them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Use of an "old" graphic   Interesting Use of an "old" graphic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Use of an "old" graphic
Page 1 of 1