Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMELDA MAY last night

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

IMELDA MAY last night Empty
PostSubject: IMELDA MAY last night   IMELDA MAY last night Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:16 am

My wife and I went to see the wonderful Imelda May in Killarney last night. And she was truly awesome. To begin with she is Gorgeous and has a great stage presence. The band are top class musicians, their sound throughout the night was tight and clear, just like the records.
They played most of the Love Tattoo album, several tracks from her new cd which comes out in September and alot of covers including ....Train Kept a Rollin, My Baby left me, Rollin and Tumblin, Tainted Love, My Babe and some Howling Wolf song whose name escapes me. She didnt play any songs from her first album though.
Darrel is a great guitar player. He played an Orange Gretch all night, beautiful crisp playing, no distortion or shredding, just perfect licks.
Unfortunately I wasnt able to take any photos. It was all part of a 3 day Harley Davidson event that has taken place in Killarney with the last 4 or 5 years. Literally thousands of Harleys and other bikes throng the town.
If you guys get a chance to see Imelda and her band, Very Happy DONT MISS IT

Last edited by Lord Vincent Blackshadow on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMELDA MAY last night   IMELDA MAY last night Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:45 am

Woah, the more I read about her shows... the more I want to see her live. She's playing here in Spain two shows but I cannot make it in edgeways! Dammit...

She's filmed a new clip, Psycho. It's already on her website and on youtube... really really cool!
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: IMELDA MAY last night   IMELDA MAY last night Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:57 am

Her new album will be out in September. Pity you cant go see her Jon, you'd love her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMELDA MAY last night   IMELDA MAY last night Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Woah!
I'm jsut counting down the days to make that true.... and I'm sure that Darrel will remember me. We met a few times in Coventry - England, not long ago. Pity Imelda wasn't there..... my godess, queen of me heart!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMELDA MAY last night   IMELDA MAY last night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMELDA MAY last night
Page 1 of 1