Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Facebook Message from Brian

Go down 
+14
Davidmk
Bear85
tvthewiredturtle
Spanishdavid
sidelake bob
FranckVillano
Rickabilly
Brent
Brett
donpepe
enjay07
Andi
mark t
mjcodina
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Something else none of us have mentioned... the FB message says GUITARS ONLY. If that's truth, it'll be a real challenging sell to the masses, I think. Brian doesn't tend to use his guitars percussively a la Tommy Emmanuel, to fill in the rest of the musical landscape of his tunes...
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:16 am

Maybe it's like the video clips where he performed solo with his guitar?? That would be great and also easier to
sell to larger audience, I think. But on the other hand I think he's way of doing things has always been, he
does it so it'll please him first.

" When I do, I do my way or it won't get done at all)" Eddie Cochran

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:37 am

As far as what might have compelled him to record an instrumental album,
my first thought upon hearing the news was that Jeff Beck probably had something to do with it.

First, losing the Grammy to Jeff, then an announcement regarding a joint appearance at
the Les Paul tribute in NYC. Something tells me they could have been hanging out more than
once and, oh yeah, Jeff Beck is not a singer!
An impromptu jam session could have sparked the creative juices...........

But that's just the first thing that came to my mind. I could be wrong........

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman

Last edited by Scatman on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:42 am

Scatman's comin' you better look out
Scatman's comin' runnin' about
Scatman.... SCATMAN!!!

Nice to see ya, big brother, miss you! Great thought on Beck, hadn't even crossed my mind. Need your input 'round these parts lots more often.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Your "smiley face" emoticon reminds me of the Sun Record logo..........!
Back to top Go down
Davidmk

Davidmk

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Quote :
To my mind, the song Lonely Avenue was far more deserving of Grammy love than anything else on the last record, unless it was a nomination for the *entire* record.

I agree 100% among my favorite songs ... just amazing .

I gotta say Jeff beck indeed earned it , he really is amazing ....
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Jeff Becks last good album:
Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 B0000026KQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_

Brian Setzers last good album:
Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Brian-setzer-lonely-avenue

I'm totally goof'd excited about the rumours that its a guitars only album. Very few
I ever run into know what the Brian Setzer orchestra is, but every one knows who
the Stray Cats are and most guitarist dig his work on those albums.

For him to go the studio with just his hands and instrument.. that my friends is
a pinnacle of self expression laid bare for all to take in.
Its time. Chet Atkins would be proud of Brian 'Seltzer' (as he called him)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Davidmk

Davidmk

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 am

I can't agree , i think Jeff is still putting out great albums , "you had it coming" "who else" "jeff" all have some great Music/playing on them & live he's playing better than ever , I just think they are two different players , Both amazing at what they do .
Back to top Go down
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:14 pm

I guess when you've been successful in the business for a while it must be harder and harder to keep finding new things that will appeal to the fans so I'd say good on Brian for trying something different, when it comes out we can see what we think.

Many long-running artists get constantly criticised for following the same format (Status Quo and Jerry Lee come to mind) and artists also get attacked for trying something new (look at Queen+ PR) so I say let's wait and see and be glad to have something to look forward to!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Message from Brian   Facebook Message from Brian - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Facebook Message from Brian
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2