Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

space echo , Boss DM 2

Go down 
+2
tvthewiredturtle
elvis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
elvis

space echo , Boss DM 2 Empty
PostSubject: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:56 am

HELLO FREND cheers
Iread on forums which the pedal BOSS dm2 sounds a little as an echo roland space echo Any have the experience,?
elvis
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:20 pm

the DM-2 isnt so great for rockabilly,country,swing its more dark and washed like a bad tape in an echoplex. The DM-3 more closely emulates the space echos tape effect..but
it doesnt replace a space echo. remember its a combined effects unit utilizing
a preamp, a chorus, a spring reverb and a tape echo.

I believe the Nocturne with an 84' Boss DM-3 is as close as it gets

ps. the DM-3 has a better compander in its circuit that lets more headroom
through or I should say it acts as a limiter so the delay chip isnt hammered
so hard and it can do its job sampling and triggering its repeat.
Also the delay chip was changed in the DM3 bringing a slight improvement
in delay length and sample clarity
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
elvis

PostSubject: boss space echo   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:55 am

hello
thank you
I do not know SM 3?
It is a pedal of delay boss also? scratch
elvis
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:52 am

elvis wrote:
hello
thank you
I do not know SM 3?
It is a pedal of delay boss also? scratch
elvis

Well Elvis you must widen your scope of Boss Pedals.. Le DM2 c'est Merde! Le DM-3
ce'st tres magnifique!
info on the DM-3
Back to top Go down
elvis

PostSubject: dm2 space echo   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:48 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thank you my friend
scratch noticed on the forums, many guitarists prèfe rent to play with the DM2
The DM2 is dearer( than dm3 on ebay
elvis
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 am

elvis wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thank you my friend
scratch noticed on the forums, many guitarists prèfe rent to play with the DM2
The DM2 is dearer( than dm3 on ebay
elvis

the DM-2 is Fabled and therefore more of a celebrity, its value is priced too high.
Although this is because of classic rock nerds.. rockabilly players need a bit more
snap/slap back dynamics and thats where the DM-3 shines.
Back to top Go down
elvis

PostSubject: boss dm2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:59 pm

cheers Thank you my friend of all your answers..
Rockabilly guitarist formidable as buzz campbell, pigat paul use, I believe, also the DM2?
elvis
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 pm

elvis wrote:
Rockabilly guitarist formidable as buzz campbell, pigat paul use, I believe, also the DM2?
elvis

yes Buzz Campbell and Paul Pigat both have the cash to own a DM-2..BUT Buzz's DM-2 is modded by me as the DM-2 uses a 12volt power supply and needs to be converted over to 9v in order to not "mush out".. Paul uses a Boss CS-2 Compressor in front of both
his 2 Nocturne pedals (classic and dyno) and boss Dm-2.
Buzz uses the DM-2 with the Dyno Brain and the Nocturne Blondeshell amp Smile Smile
(sorry Ifeel so proud)
..btw now Brophy Dale is using a Dyno Brain Nocturne pedal
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
elvis wrote:
elvis

yes Buzz Campbell and Paul Pigat both have the cash to own a DM-2..BUT Buzz's DM-2 is modded by me as the DM-2 uses a 12volt power supply and needs to be converted over to 9v in order to not "mush out".. Paul uses a Boss CS-2 Compressor in front of both
Buzz uses the DM-2 with the Dyno Brain and the Nocturne Blondeshell amp Smile Smile
(sorry Ifeel so proud)

Nothing like a bit of self promotion/congratulations is there Tavo...heheheheheheh

PS... I dedicated a piece of musical masterpiece on my FB for you. I hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
elvis wrote:
elvis

(sorry Ifeel so proud)

Nothing like a bit of self promotion/congratulations is there Tavo...heheheheheheh

PS... I dedicated a piece of musical masterpiece on my FB for you. I hope you like it.

ya... I know. but c'mon when you watch the Lee Rocker Band my preamps are on
the stage..both sides! Thats really exciting to me especialy because I tried for 20yrs to make it as a musician.. no dice. BUT!!! BUT... now I get to help other musicians and
it sure feels rad being apart of the genre I love so much.

you aint gonna bring me down maaaaan, even if I only got $300 in my bank account
and had to sell my vintage princeton amp and I had to pay a plummer to fix a broken water main and my electric bill is $550 this month..

I am staying UP.. I swear I will...
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

ps. was that you making behive and helicopter sounds with an empty bottle
of Tequila? Smile LOL
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:44 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
elvis wrote:
elvis

(sorry Ifeel so proud)

ya... I know. but c'mon when you watch the Lee Rocker Band my preamps are on
the stage..both sides! Thats really exciting to me especialy because I tried for 20yrs to make it as a musician.. no dice. BUT!!! BUT... now I get to help other musicians and
it sure feels rad being apart of the genre I love so much.

you aint gonna bring me down maaaaan, even if I only got $300 in my bank account
and had to sell my vintage princeton amp and I had to pay a plummer to fix a broken water main and my electric bill is $550 this month..

I am staying UP.. I swear I will...
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

ps. was that you making behive and helicopter sounds with an empty bottle
of Tequila? Smile LOL

I know how it must feeel Tavo. I say good onya for helping all of us out. Karma my friend, karma.
And if I remember correctly, the Tequila bottle was on the other side of the planet that day!!
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:58 am

Congrats on the success of your product line TV! You gotta do a little self promotion; if you hadn't I wouldn't know that those players were using your products. That must be pretty exciting indeed. I think some media coverage via Guitar Player mag might not be too far behind. Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
elvis

PostSubject: boss dm 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 am

congratulations TAVO you are the best cheers
elvis
Back to top Go down
jetbunny

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:50 am

Hey Tavo,

What's your take on DOD FX90? I just got mine and I did a bit of research and found out it's a bit like DM2.

Tell me your thoughts on it.

Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:32 pm

My nocturne and DM-3 sound killer together, especially since I put a TR-2 in front of the nocturne to let the FET input buffer goose the nocturne a bit. Just wondering on using a one-spot with the DM-3 since it uses the older style BOSS power supply.

I'm not much of a rockabilly player, but man It works great for 50's and early 60's rock-n-roll pop & soul!

I can't wait to get a Blondeshell into the mix...maybe a Dyno Brain, too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: space echo , Boss DM 2   space echo , Boss DM 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

space echo , Boss DM 2
Page 1 of 1