Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brett

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:51 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

[/quote]

Wow, really cool amp.
I wondering about your big Effectboard. Do you use it every time?
And there is no Soundloss of your Guitars?
(I hope you understand what i`m trying to ask... pale )

Cheers

B
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:13 am

[quote="knudi"][quote="tvthewiredturtle"][quote="knudi"][quote="tvthewiredturtle"]
Daddio wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
vic wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

behold the lady:

That is a lovely Bassman, is that one you have restored yourself ?
Thanks!
This was restored by Tophat Amps maker Brian Gerhard. The cab is not original its an early fender custom shop tonemaster that was regrilled to sparkle gold (early 64) and "aged/relic'd", respeakered w/ celest. V30s from ipswich and wired with 12gauge harness.

I love this thing.

So if I were to ask Mojo if they could make a similar the grill should be sparkle gold and blonde tolex.
Is it the Vintage G12V30 which are together with 4 ohm ?
the tolex suppose to be the vintage smooth blonde (earlier 6G6-b was rough),
but the sparkle gold grill is somewhat "unobtainium"cause nobody has it in stock anymore. I've had my cab for about 7-8 yrs ( I've had several original cabs in this period but the tonemaster is my buddy) I can do a dealer check with andy at mojo?
Also yes the speakers are the Celestion 8ohm Vintage 30s, in a 4ohm total load.

Ps. Brett,
sorry that pedal board (effectboard) was a mess in the picture cuz I had to sell my fulltone
dejavibe...but yes I always use it. We should probably use another thread to go into all the
reason why but off the bat I can say that I use a series of true bypassed "booteek" pedals
with a few buffered effects along with very low capacitance loading George L cabling, so
with the TIM boost always on (works like the preamp section of an RE-301) and the
80s Boss DM-2 analog delay(adds a tad more low mids boost too) the Tone is
superior to just the guitar to amp.
I love pedals and even while I really only ever use a Peterson strobostomp, TIM Boost, Barber Burn unit Overdrive, vibe(rebuilt),Fulltone Tremelo,Boss DM-2, and DL4 (space echo mode)
I still have to have a maxon CS-505 PH-350and 79' phasor 201 and(rotary spkr/leslie) along
with a wah and volume pedal,etc at times for other gigs.. I love pedals
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
knudi

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:20 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I can do a dealer check with andy at mojo?

Yeah, that would been nice, also with tiltbacks, wheels and the fasten for the head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:27 am

knudi wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I can do a dealer check with andy at mojo?

Yeah, that would been nice, also with tiltbacks, wheels and the fasten for the head.

got an unopened set of fender chrome tiltbacks and ernieball popouts sitting in the shop! Smile

I dont use my tilts since the tonemaster internally has the baffle slanted like a 4x12. I get
paranoid that my head and cab will fall backwards, even though its never happened. What
started the worry was when I use to use a Fulltone TTE tape echo and I knocked it almost off
one gig. that made me sell it immediately and go back to pedals except for the seasonal jones
for an re-301. which of course always needs servicing and then by the time its fixed I've decided
to move back to my boss pedal. I love that pedal. Cool
Back to top Go down
knudi

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:55 am

knudi wrote:
I dont use my tilts since the tonemaster internally has the baffle slanted like a 4x12.
Aha, and that is something Mojo can do as well ?

My Traynor tilted on one of the first occasions when I had it on my Adam Hall amp stand. I had not fastened it enough so in the middle of our rehersal it just collapsed and broke my singers loose leaf binder with all his lyrics in it Evil or Very Mad He just shook his head as if it sad "Typically guitarist without control...." No

Tomorrow I will change my speaker on my Traynor. Out with Celestion Seventy 80 and in comes Vintage V30, 8 ohm (60 W). Then it is ready for gigging on Saturday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:23 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

What in the world is all of this??
I bet when you play and I step on one of them, you don't hear the difference haha...!
I'm not a pedal man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kbilly

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Wow I didn't realize breath mints came in so many different boxes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:54 am

kbilly wrote:
Wow I didn't realize breath mints came in so many different boxes

gotta love the altoids pick box with velcro! bounce
Back to top Go down
Brent

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:29 am

Hey TV,

I have a 1952 Es-295 and really the flowered pick guard sets it apart from all other guitars....however that being said...the addition of the girl is pretty cool!!! From a different post when you were talking about an arion delay, did you have the black one with the orange battery cover? I used that delay for years til she finally gave out. That COULDN'T have been the problem in Rock This Town Smile

Brent
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tigersharks.ca
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:56 am

Brent wrote:
Hey TV,

I have a 1952 Es-295 and really the flowered pick guard sets it apart from all other guitars....however that being said...the addition of the girl is pretty cool!!! From a different post when you were talking about an arion delay, did you have the black one with the orange battery cover? I used that delay for years til she finally gave out. That COULDN'T have been the problem in Rock This Town Smile

Brent

Yep that was the one the SAD-1 Arion stereo analog delay! ..and yes the amp, guitar
and pedal were functioning just fine. I didnt know anything about drop D back then though.
Back to top Go down
Daddio

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:55 am

Brent wrote:
Hey TV,

Brent

I know I couldn't tell it from anything else but for the pickguard! Laughing As for delay, I just wait several milliseconds. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded   

Back to top Go down

another econo, but well built billy box gets hotrodded
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2