Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

la cabronita

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am

I tried one of those £3000 cabronita teles out today.....
wow, its everything i want, gretsch sounding, but in a beatable frame, no bigsby to be worrying about knocking out of tune, But £3000!!!!!!

So i sulked home knowing i will never afford one and went on the net and found that warmoth are now speccing la cabronita body clones, has anyone ever built a guitar using warmoth parts???
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:04 am

Ask Tavo to knock one up for you, he's the man for the job!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
I'm Incinerator

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 am

lordy...£3000!!! That's like over 5000 bucks! Those La Cabronitas are awesome, but at that price I would build one with the up most premium parts that USACG or Warmoth has to offer...and still, I might have enough to get a TV Jones Model 10!

Or I would hand pick a Historic 56 or 57 Goldtop! Suspect

Yes, TV could knock one out for you for sure. He has/had a gem of a tele with a supertron in the bridge and a t-armond hidden in the neck position in a beauty of a sonic blue!
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
Ask Tavo to knock one up for you, he's the man for the job!

Only problem is I would wanna pay him what the true value of such an awesome sounding guitar would be and I really can't afford to and wanna do it as cheaply as possible........
Hence why I'm thinking warmoth body, cheap as possible fender neck of ebay and beg/steal the other parts to finish
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:42 am

Warmoth is a standard I know but there are so many other guys both on this side of the pond and yours building SUPERIOR telecaster bodies and parts. I use ruttersguitars.com for my la cabronita builds. The last two are both sugarpine bodies and man they sound so awesome with tvjones pickups! I encourage you to get ahold of marc rutters, his tolerances are so tight, its unbelievable how well every part retro fits so perfectly.
He is a machinist but he is also an archivist of telecaster information. Also his hardware is near superior to glendale and callaham. Awesome cold rolled steel hardware.
right now my daphne blue tele has the colled rolled steel half bridge with an aluminum
saddle for the low E and A with solid brass on the other 4 strings.

here are the "el cabongs" i have built (sunbursts are fender road worn alder bodies massaged by me. the thin nitro shot bodies i sand the finish down even thinner and
those are stamped steel fender bridges I modified. these were prior to finding ruttersguitars.com for the magical hardware. Smile

la cabronita 38254_1320300380301_1614563026_763549_7060342_n
la cabronita 25301_1229847479035_1614563026_554589_1029774_n
this one below is now owned by roadjunkie
la cabronita 38089_1320585187421_1614563026_764155_4518291_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:48 am

please dont ever post a photo of that blue one again........
its exactly what i would be aiming for and my poor heart cant take it ;-)
Im guessing each body is on a case by case basis but how much roughly are we talking about for one of those rutters body
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:04 am

the blue is great! I've always thought that a sonic/daphne blue esquire were great looking with the maple board. I think a shoreline gold with a rosewood slab or maple board would be killer as well.

I'm sure it'd spin circles again and again...then some more comared to my Am. Series deluxe tele. I may have to check out rutters stuff, If it's better than Glendale, then that is great. the glendale bridge and saddles brought my tele to life. Now pickups on the other hand....not much I can do in the way of those with the current tele!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:17 am

chunkymac wrote:
please dont ever post a photo of that blue one again........
its exactly what i would be aiming for and my poor heart cant take it ;-)
Im guessing each body is on a case by case basis but how much roughly are we talking about for one of those rutters body

so I should not post this one again right?
la cabronita 08031010

(headstock logo w/ be updated with my new "El Cabong" logo)

la cabronita 39252_1325827078465_1614563026_775849_6829136_n
la cabronita 38644_1325827358472_1614563026_775850_3007802_n
hidden neck pickup/rear routed
la cabronita 38381_1320293860138_1614563026_763530_1394700_n

marc's bodies are really affordable!! This one cost a bit more because I spec'd
"closet classic" relic paint so if you look close up the entire finish is crazed. so its all crackled
like 50+ year old lacquer. I'll go try to get a better picture of it, hard with my crap camera.
The neck he made for me is birdseye maple and quite sexy feeling. bi-radius and all

hate to say it but I'm selling the daphne blue one as I really really really want a hollow tele or jet
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:27 am

wish my tele was hollow now Smile

I feel like that Blue one and the t-armond loaded knotty pine are right on par looks wise with something coming out of Creston Guitars shop. I haven't played a Creston, but his customer list is pretty darn respectful!
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 am

just out of pure curiosity how much are you asking for the blue one, its amazing
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 am

chunkymac wrote:
just out of pure curiosity how much are you asking for the blue one, its amazing

$900. affraid I've got so much labor into it but the back route of the control cavity was a bit thin at
the volume knob and the paint chip'd out. reinforced now of course but that makes it a blem
which is redundant on a relic finish I know. ps. neck pocket is now empty. the tvjones
neck pickup wasnt strong enough. I've got a hidden pickup in my strat body that is about
3 times more powerful than a regular humbucker (fastrack II by dimarzio) and it would need
a monster bucker inside to do it justice. I bet a nice seymour or tvjones dynasonic would be
cool in it, top mounted of course
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 pm

wow that is a great price.
i only wish i had the money
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:50 pm

that's a crazy price! Less than what I paid for my tele off of the shelf, before a pickup and bridge/saddle swap.

If I wasn't in the mind-set of something else and didn't need to get something nice to wear...
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:01 pm

May have to ask tavo to set me up a payment plan ;-)

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:09 pm

chunkymac wrote:

how bout you take #00 Blondeshell and I throw in the body for $600 Smile
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 1:17 pm

I wish I could my friend but I'm just about talking the boss into letting me have another guitar, but another amp as well!!!! Me and the dog would have our bags packed before those beauts landed on this island, saying that it doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. Mortgage and bill free living back with the parents and a grand a month to spend on gear mmmmmm
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
chunkymac wrote:

affraid that's a score in the waiting!
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:21 pm

If only I hadn't bought the marsh a few months ago I woulda snapped that offer without a second though
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:35 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
chunkymac wrote:

Hang on did i not read that properly?????
Are you offering blondshell #00 and the body for $600???
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:50 am

chunkymac wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
chunkymac wrote:

the amp is $1850 ..its the first one made w/ a custom alum chassis where the
production models have steel. This also has NOS allen bradley carbon comp
resistors hand picked for each spot, the production model uses
carbon film. While there is virtually no audible difference between the two,
this one is obviously above the call of duty so its $200 more
than the standard model.
the body is $600 Smile
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:56 am

i thought that would be the case. will have to keep saving
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 12:08 am

chunkymac wrote:

I assume you've heard the news about fender custom shop building a guitar in which
the name got them in trouble.. "the telemaster" is owned by some hobby store. Smile
guitars are kind cool though.
la cabronita Fender_Custom_Jazzmaster_60Relic-R47469-CFM-FrontFull
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 1:24 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
chunkymac wrote:

I assume you've heard the news about fender custom shop building a guitar in which
the name got them in trouble.. "the telemaster" is owned by some hobby store. Smile
guitars are kind cool though.
la cabronita Fender_Custom_Jazzmaster_60Relic-R47469-CFM-FrontFull

That's the awesomest lookin' Fender I've seen in ages...! bounce But why didn't they just call it a "Jazzquire"? It's really an Esquire in a JazzMaster body, isn't it...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
I'm Incinerator

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:21 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
chunkymac wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
chunkymac wrote:

the amp is $1850 ..its the first one made w/ a custom alum chassis where the
production models have steel. This also has NOS allen bradley carbon comp
resistors hand picked for each spot, the production model uses
carbon film. While there is virtually no audible difference between the two,
this one is obviously above the call of duty so its $200 more
than the standard model.
the body is $600 Smile

Man, I snoozed on the intro price?? if there is no audible difference, I'll take the carbon films and not have to worry about too much drifting over the years from the carbon comps...just as long as the sound and feel is still vintage!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

la cabronita Empty
PostSubject: Re: la cabronita   la cabronita Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

la cabronita
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: The cave - Guitar talk-
Jump to: