Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!

Go down 
+5
Brett
steb74
tvthewiredturtle
vic
JC
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Empty
PostSubject: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:59 am

HEre is a live recording of Imelda with Jeff Beck, full show!!
21 Sep 2009, Indigo2, London,UK
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:19 am

Thanks Slim Jon, much appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 am

Always a pleasure!!!

She's touring Europe in a few weeks... and this time I am not going to miss her!! Madrid awaits for me!!!
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:55 pm

I had seen a few Imelda May things on youtube and honestly, not impressed. A buddy recently gave me a copy of the Les Paul tributre and I'm blown away. Much more talented than I gave her credit. Great voice, I actually like her better than Mary Ford (which says alot, I love LP and MF.)

Just wondering if any of you techies could make out what Beck is playing through. Looks like a line of champs and pro juniors. Can't believe he gets that kind of tone out of little practice amps.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 pm

vic wrote:
I had seen a few Imelda May things on youtube and honestly, not impressed. A buddy recently gave me a copy of the Les Paul tributre and I'm blown away. Much more talented than I gave her credit. Great voice, I actually like her better than Mary Ford (which says alot, I love LP and MF.)

Just wondering if any of you techies could make out what Beck is playing through. Looks like a line of champs and pro juniors. Can't believe he gets that kind of tone out of little practice amps.

I want to say the devil creates his tone but I'll refrain. I just have the CD not video.
Imelda may is sooo just touching the tips of her depth of vocal talent, just awesome.
I think Beck may be taking her on the next journey despite his dirty hippie ways

Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! JeffBeckatIridiumNYC06082010
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:25 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
vic wrote:

I want to say the devil creates his tone but I'll refrain. I just have the CD not video.
Imelda may is sooo just touching the tips of her depth of vocal talent, just awesome.
I think Beck may be taking her on the next journey despite his dirty hippie ways

Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! JeffBeckatIridiumNYC06082010

Thanks for b slappin me back to reality. I forgot for a moment that he was, is, and always will be a damn dirty hippy. She however, is the real deal.
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
.........despite his dirty hippie ways
vic wrote:
I forgot for a moment that he was, is, and always will be a damn dirty hippy.
Wow, you guys are pretty scary Exclamation Shocked

Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Er1s Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Er2y
Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Er3u Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Er4
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:52 am

steb74 wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
.........despite his dirty hippie ways
vic wrote:
I forgot for a moment that he was, is, and always will be a damn dirty hippy.
Wow, you guys are pretty scary Exclamation Shocked

Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Er1s Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Er2y
Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Er3u Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Er4

lol!
i like hippies, always did.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:08 am

that was the BEST scene in the movie!! scared the hellouta me as I didnt think he'd really do it...but thats what happens when you dont bathe and visit the barber at least once a month. pirat
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:02 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
that was the BEST scene in the movie!! scared the hellouta me as I didnt think he'd really do it...but thats what happens when you dont bathe and visit the barber at least once a month. pirat

c`mon TV, you`re kidding.
He killed a fantastic bike too. And the guy with the gun even don´t look so clean. Ask your wife...

BUT i liked the movie when i was younger. In these days i like the riding scenes only.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I think TV could vouch for the fact that I look more than just a little bit like the guy with the gun. We don't have much of a gene pool to work with.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Brett wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

c`mon TV, you`re kidding.
He killed a fantastic bike too. And the guy with the gun even don´t look so clean. Ask your wife...

BUT i liked the movie when i was younger. In these days i like the riding scenes only.

them hippies done needed killin!
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:47 am

St. Patricks day Camden, London.

Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! B12201142705Pa248

What a night! Guest Jeff Beck.

Live at the Roundhouse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6hcy2A9sc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:55 pm

You lucky bitch!!!!! lol!

Hope you had a great time there!
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 am

I got the DVD a few weeks back.

Highly recommended.That blonde/grey quiffed bloke....Brian somebody or other
makes a damn fine appearance.

I have to say Jeff Beck's version of Sleepwalk just isn't in the same league as Setzer's.And that's not bias talking.Setzer really is a guitar God.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:59 am

Beck's version is more faithful to the orginal version, both are great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:50 pm

They are simply different. Maybe Brian's is more colourful, somehow different.
I mean, what's the point in doing a version if you're going to do it alike the original??
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 pm

different is good Basketball
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:48 pm

I was watching the dvd again tonight and can't beleive I overlooked how good Darrel Higham is. Te guy can sing the Sun stuff as good as anyone and a very good guitar player. Almost a shame his wife takes center stage and robs him of a lot of credit. Of course, he probably wouldn't look as good as she does in a tight dress. I bet he's bitter.

Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I've been a huge Darrel Higham fan for years. I am really diggin' Imelda May these days, but I am bummed that her success has forced Darrel's career to take a back seat. His Burnette Brothers, Rick Nelson, and Eddie Cochran tribute projects are all phenomenal, as well as his Kat Men album with Slim Jim Phantom, where Darrel sang, played guitar and doghouse bass. He's the real talent in that rockabilly power couple, and deserves every bit of the recognition his missus gets.

He co-authored one of the best Eddie Cochran bios out there, "Don't Forget Me," with Julie Mundy. I used to wish Brian would do an Eddie Cochran tribute album, much in the way Jeff Beck did a Gene Vincent/Cliff Gallup album. But then I heard Higham's Cochran Connection Volumes One and Two, and thought "Brian's great, but he's not gonna do much better than these albums."

He's Somethin' Else-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!   Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imelda May & Jeff Beck, LIVE!!
Page 1 of 1