Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new cd project

Go down 
+4
Rickabilly
mjcodina
laurent327
MJ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MJ

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:45 pm

well, I guess the new cd really IS underway... A friend of mine owns a vintage/retro store selling all kinds of furnishings, etc. and he also rents out stuff for commercial use. Some people working on the photos for Brian's cd jacket were just in and rented a few items that "may or may not" appear on the jacket. Very Happy
Of course, good pal that he is, he *did* mention his friend with the mad crush on Mr Setzer, so if there is any opportunity...I offered to pick up the furniture or help in any way Razz
Anyway, the really cool part is that if they are busy styling the cd cover, hopefully that means the new cd is coming soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Aha! That sounds nice... this time hope it will be something original!!
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 am

name of the new album : Instru-Mental
Release date for Japan : 23 fev 2010
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 am

release date : 23 fév 2011
Back to top Go down
MJ

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:01 am

can't wait!
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:28 pm

man honestly, if this album turns out, its probably gonna be my favorite. His instrumentals and heavily guitared-up songs are always my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:43 pm

I loved the guitar work on 13. The layers on songs like Don't Say You Love Me and Bad, Bad, Girl were killer. (I've always thought Bad, Bad Girl would have been a fantastic instrumental - the lyrics just went down like some bad sushi for me.) Rickenbackers, banjos, acoustics... I wouldn't be surprised if there were a mandolin or ukelele present as well. Brian also played electric bass on a few tracks on 13. While Brian previously mentioned this would be a guitar-focused project, the cat also handled his business on the vibraphone on the Songs From Lonely Avenue album.

So many possibilities...

Euphonium-billy

Back to top Go down
MJ

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:17 pm

I'll drink the kool-aid...whatever he's selling, I'm buying! I LOVE him! I do hope this is primarily instumental. It would be nice though, to have something totally new instead of re-hashing the old stuff again. A friend of mine was rehearsing with his band and heard a distinctive guitar and said "only one person on earth plays like that" and asked the guy who held the lease on the space, who said that yes, Setzer was rehearsing down the hall for a project. This was about 6 mos ago. Of course, my friend said he sounded awesome Very Happy
ok. now to go back into lurking and wait for the new cd
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:44 pm

I'll take some of the kool-aid as well.

I do believe I remember hearing somewhere credible (the main site or through one of the emails possibly) that this next album would be an entirely instrumental guitar affair.

Regardless, it wont be released soon enough.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:15 am

Ever been in a situation where you "know something" that a friend shared with
you but he said you cant share it... I finally am in that situation. Nothing huge
just killing me and relative to the CD. scratch What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Brett

Brett

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:56 am

share it with us...we won´t say a word Rolling Eyes

new cd project Peggyg

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
MJ

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:48 am

it is killing the rest of us, too!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:01 am

I just got emailed by 'm so crap, theyre watching. I cant
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:09 am

more information about the new album in this interview (in french)

http://ruefrontenac.com/spectacles/musique/29284-setzer-tout-montreal-vibre-son-rockabillyswing

there's 6 or 7 original songs + 4 covers.

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:18 am

in anglais..

"Whereas the DVD of the spectacle delivered to Montreal appears, Setzer has marketed for two weeks an album of Christmas, Christmas Comes Alive! , recorded in spectacle, and it has just concluded the last keys from a disc which will be born in February 2012, in a kind which it did not exploit yet.
“That finally will be an exclusively instrumental disc, known as Setzer. That did a long time that the fans made me this request, especially those which are insane of guitar. That will go from the rock'n'roll to the swing, while passing by the jazz. Six or seven original songs and four recoveries.”
- Planned for a long time, therefore?
“Yes and not. It should be known that I never know which direction I take when I start to compose. It is generally when I supplemented to write three songs which I know that will be a disc for the BSO, an album rockabilly or a disc for Stray Cats.”
- Precisely, I spoke in Slim Jim, which was in Montreal a few weeks ago for Red Hot & Blue Festival. Without anything to guarantee, he said that a new album of original material of Stray Cats in 2011 was possible. You confirm?
“(Pause) Listening, these guy (Slim Jim and Lee Rocker), they are my brothers. One was at the school together. All is possible. But as I said it to the press conference in Montreal, Stray Cats have more many people in Europe. I think that it is just necessary to find a project which gathers us all the three.”"
Back to top Go down
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:10 am

Feb 2012?! That seems a long way off but I'm sure it'd be worth the wait!

I'm even more excited by even the remote prospect of another Stray Cats disk! At the very least I'd love them to record Seven Nights To Rock, I thought they played it awesomely in 2008!
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:38 am

the release date is : Fev 2011

you can pre order the new album at : http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/3912132
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new cd project Empty
PostSubject: Re: new cd project   new cd project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new cd project
Page 1 of 1