Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rev Horton Heat at First Ave

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MJ

Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Empty
PostSubject: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:22 am

Just wondering if anyone is going to Rev Horton Heat (and Th' Legendary Shack Shakers) at First Ave?? Can't wait- I've never seen either live!
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:22 am

the rev is coing here sometime in nov. I'm trying to talk my dad into going...or my wife (weird saying that). I've never seen Rev or the shack shakers either...surprising since how many times those guys come through here.
Back to top Go down
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 pm

ok, where are you? My hubby saw the Shack Shakers before- he doesn't really like them much but did say they put on a good show. Not sure whether/not he saw the Rev.- possibly... Usually we see everything together, but if he sees metal, I don't go and several times I missed Los Straitjackets when he went and I had to work.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:20 pm

I'm in Omaha, NE
Back to top Go down
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:27 pm

we have family in Omaha. Do you get much good music there? We've toyed with the idea of moving, but Minneapolis is such a great place for music...
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:07 pm

we get some good stuff, but a lot of bands seem to be passing on Omaha lately. It seems that lately I've been seeing some good tours going through Minneapolis, Des Moines, IA City, KC, and Lawrence, KS for dates within a reasonable driving distance. It's kind of sad too since there are some great venues hear to play.
Back to top Go down
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:19 pm

I've heard there are good venues. Too bad lots of artists are going elsewhere. We've actually had to leave town a couple of times to see some favorites that "forgot" about Mpls this year. Luckily some of them have "remembered" to come here!
We've also talked about moving to So Dak but NOBODY plays there (except during bike week)
Back to top Go down
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Just had to let you all know- Rev Horton Heat and the Shack Shakers were FANTASTIC!!!
JD Wilkes is INSANE and put on an unbelievable show Very Happy
The Rev and co were ON FIRE Very Happy

Anybody thinking about seeing them on tour elsewhere- GO!
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Hey MJ,

Sorry I didn't see this thread in time, I was totally there!

That was a WICKED show!

Someone put some videos from that night on youtube. I have them "favorited" on my profile at

www.youtube.com/johnnykool327

Maybe next time

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:29 am

Hey Johnny kool-
that was a fabulous show! I just went to your youtube page- awesome! Thanks for the link. Love the Rev uploads! I also see that you were at the Setzer bday bash at the Fine Line-wasn't that an incredible night?!

Gotta say, Minneapolis is a fabulous place to live if you love live music Very Happy

Speaking of which, anybody going to see Los Straitjackets at the Turf Club next week??

Johnnykool, you should let me know when you're at a live show around here, we'll meet up. Nice to have another Setzer groupie around Laughing
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:22 am

MJ

Yes, that Birthday show was an ABSOLUTE RIOT!!!

We had a little meetup at the Hard Rock beforehand with some board members before getting our asses kicked by that little band that was playing for that one guys birthday.

Check it out here!

https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2219570&id=17200130&l=74a2848a74

I don't think I have any shows on my calendar at the moment, but I think Cowboy Mouth is coming back soon. Otherwise, I usually will hit up a few punk/ska shows when they come through. Will let ya know.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
MJ

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:26 am

great pics! That show was SO FABULOUS! My hubby had never seen Stray Cats live before (we've seen BSO a number of times) so he was really thrilled. I skipped a meeting and sat home in front of my computer the day the pre-sale tix went on sale for the Bday show. It was SO worth it Very Happy
As for punk/ska- what do you like? We saw X the last time they were here- so awesome, I have always loved them! There has not been a lot of good music lately (thought the Rev and Shack Shakers were awesome, Split lip rayfield- not so much). I have not heard Cowboy Mouth- any good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rev Horton Heat at First Ave   Rev Horton Heat at First Ave Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rev Horton Heat at First Ave
Page 1 of 1