Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again) Empty
PostSubject: Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again)   Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 am

Hi my friends, how are you?

I have one question for you, and hope that someone can actually help me, as I've been trying to get information about this for a while with... no results at all.

As some of you know, Slim Jim Phantom played with Jerry Lee Lewis for a bunch of shows either in 1995 or 96. All the information I could get concerning the bands playing with and for JLL are until the end of 1995 and from May 1996 onwards and SJP is not there. So there is a little gap between January-April 1996.

Not long ago, one of those Q&A with SJP, he was asked about JLL and the Head Cat show in September for JLL's 75th birthday. Slim mentioned something about being in JLL's band for a while and when greeting him that night, JLL didn't remember who Slim was... so, this proves that Slim did not only the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, but a few more shows.

The million dollar quesiton is: has any of the people present here, have more information, remember seeing Jerry Lee with Slim Jim??

I've even downloaded many bootlegs of 1995-96 and no trace of Slim Jim.

Any kind of information will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

PS - and the re-post of the Tonight Show (May 24th, 1995)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again)   Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 10:38 am

Hello again!!
I finally found two shows that I am sure Slim Jim played with The Killer!!

I remember contacting with a guy in Canada who told me he saw JLL with Slim Jim, at a place called The Dock's in Toronto... I found that date !!! 1997!!!

In fact, if you like that kind of stuff, you will find many other live dates by some great legends on www.chuckberry.de !!

So with this, I am more than happy, as other dates of that year were posted there too, so, though uncofirmed the ones he played with, they shed some light on my Slim Jim Phantom Timeline project!!
Back to top Go down
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again)   Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 pm

I was having pretty much the same convo on jerry-lee-lewis.com!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again)   Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slim Jim Phantom with Jerry Lee Lewis (again)
Page 1 of 1